Question about being an author

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Jennifer Moore 11
Bookshelf Size: 0

Question about being an author

Post by Jennifer Moore 11 »

There is a question when you are applying to be a proofreader that asks if you have ever written or published a book. I wrote a 99 page novella in 1987 that was never published. I also lost it years and years ago. Well, technically, I’ve written a book so I answered yes. Now I can’t proofread and I keep getting solicited to send in my non-existent book from when I was a junior in high school. Nor can I find a way to contact someone to correct this.

Suggestions:

Ask “If you have written a book that you wish to publish and have reviewed or have already published a book that you wish to have reviewed, please answer yes or no.”

Make it easier to contact and correct this if the above isn’t implemented. I’d really still like to review books as a side gig.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll add it to our internal to-do list. If approved, it will be implemented.

To join the review team, please click on the contact form and choose the "I want to join the review team" option.

Thank you.
Melissa.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Jennifer Moore 11

I’ve already done that. The question arose after I started a review and now I’m locked out and still being asked to have my decades ago lost novella from 1987 reviewed. I can’t proceed. I need the have you ever written or published a book answer changed to no, although it’s technically true. How can this be resolved? I’d really like to do this as a side gig because errors in books drive me nuts.
Jennifer Moore 11

Hello?

Is this able to be resolved? I’m getting multiple requests daily to have my long lost novella reviewed and I can’t do anything else.

Thank you,

Jenn
Melisa Jane
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. Please send a screenshot of these requests and what you see when you click on the contact form and I'll advise further.

Thank you.
Melissa.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”