Feedback on Review Guidelines [resolved]

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Habari
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-habari.html
Latest Review: Like Glass by Sylvia Wilde
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Feedback on Review Guidelines [resolved]

Post by Habari »

I am writing to express my frustration and dissatisfaction with the feedback provided on my book reviews on your platform. While I make sincere efforts to follow the given review guidelines, I consistently receive responses stating that I have breached the guidelines without specific information on the exact areas I need to improve upon. This lack of detailed feedback makes it challenging for me to enhance my future reviews, as I am unable to identify and address the specific issues highlighted.

As a dedicated user of your book review platform, I value the opportunity to contribute meaningful reviews to help other readers make informed decisions. However, the repeated response of not adhering to the guidelines without specific details leaves me perplexed and discouraged. I understand the importance of maintaining quality standards and following guidelines, but without specific feedback, it becomes difficult for me to learn from my mistakes and improve my reviewing skills.

I kindly request that your editorial team takes the time to provide more comprehensive feedback on reviews that are deemed to have breached the guidelines. By including specific examples or highlighting the areas that require improvement, users like myself would have a clearer understanding of where we have fallen short and how to rectify those shortcomings in future reviews.

Clear and constructive feedback is crucial for users to enhance their reviewing capabilities and align their contributions with the platform's guidelines effectively. It would greatly benefit both the platform and its users if the editorial team could invest additional effort in providing more detailed feedback to ensure a supportive environment for growth and improvement.

I genuinely appreciate your attention to this matter and request that you review and revise the feedback process to include specific details regarding guideline breaches. This adjustment would enable users to better understand their errors, make the necessary improvements, and contribute reviews that adhere to the platform's standards.

Thank you for considering my concerns. I look forward to receiving a response regarding the steps being taken to address this issue and improve the feedback process.
Kirsi Cultrera
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-cultrera.html
Latest Review: Remembering Stardust by C. D. Baker

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

Habari wrote: 28 May 2023, 23:30 I am writing to express my frustration and dissatisfaction with the feedback provided on my book reviews on your platform. While I make sincere efforts to follow the given review guidelines, I consistently receive responses stating that I have breached the guidelines without specific information on the exact areas I need to improve upon. This lack of detailed feedback makes it challenging for me to enhance my future reviews, as I am unable to identify and address the specific issues highlighted.

As a dedicated user of your book review platform, I value the opportunity to contribute meaningful reviews to help other readers make informed decisions. However, the repeated response of not adhering to the guidelines without specific details leaves me perplexed and discouraged. I understand the importance of maintaining quality standards and following guidelines, but without specific feedback, it becomes difficult for me to learn from my mistakes and improve my reviewing skills.

I kindly request that your editorial team takes the time to provide more comprehensive feedback on reviews that are deemed to have breached the guidelines. By including specific examples or highlighting the areas that require improvement, users like myself would have a clearer understanding of where we have fallen short and how to rectify those shortcomings in future reviews.

Clear and constructive feedback is crucial for users to enhance their reviewing capabilities and align their contributions with the platform's guidelines effectively. It would greatly benefit both the platform and its users if the editorial team could invest additional effort in providing more detailed feedback to ensure a supportive environment for growth and improvement.

I genuinely appreciate your attention to this matter and request that you review and revise the feedback process to include specific details regarding guideline breaches. This adjustment would enable users to better understand their errors, make the necessary improvements, and contribute reviews that adhere to the platform's standards.

Thank you for considering my concerns. I look forward to receiving a response regarding the steps being taken to address this issue and improve the feedback process.
Hi, Habari,

And thank you for reaching out. I am very sorry for the inconvenience. Please note that if you disagree with the editor's decision, you can ask for an editor recheck. You will find a place to do this on the bottom part of your scorecards. Id you do ask for an editor recheck, make sure to carefully back up your case.

Kindly read the review team guidelines, #12, under 'Important: Other terms and policies'; maybe you will find the advice provided there helpful when giving feedback or forming a suggestion. I have relocated this message to the public suggestion box.

Thank you, and have a good day,
Kirsi
Official Reviewer Representative

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”