Suggestion for Enhanced Clarity in Book Reviewer Registration Process (Resolved)

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Amalia Marigold
Currently Reading: DentistryXposed
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amalia-marigold.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark by J.B. Lion

Suggestion for Enhanced Clarity in Book Reviewer Registration Process (Resolved)

Post by Amalia Marigold »

Hello ^^

I recently registered on your book site as a book reviewer and encountered a small confusion during the registration process that I believe could be clarified to prevent similar issues for future users.

When completing the registration form, I encountered the question: "Have you written a book of your own and published it?" Unfortunately, the phrasing of this question led me to misinterpret its intent. I mistakenly believed it was referring to any book I had written and published in general, rather than specifically in the context of your website. Consequently, I unintentionally selected "Yes" and was subsequently identified as an author rather than a potential book reviewer.

So to enhance clarity and avoid such misunderstandings in the future, I would like to suggest a slight modification to the wording of the question. Perhaps a clearer phrasing could be: "Have you written a book of your own and published it on Online Book Club?"

By adding the clarification "on Online Book Club" it will help users better understand the context of the question and select the appropriate response accordingly. This modification would ensure that individuals who have authored books outside of your platform but are still eligible and interested in becoming book reviewers do not encounter unnecessary obstacles during the registration process.

I believe this change would be beneficial for both your users and the overall user experience on your site. It would help streamline the registration process and prevent potential confusions like the one I encountered.

Thank you for considering my suggestion. I appreciate your attention to this matter and your commitment to improving user satisfaction on your book site.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. However, authors are not allowed to be part of the review team. The question is not just referring to authors who have published their books on Onlinebookclub but authors in general.

If you have published a book, even if it's not on the OnlineBookClub, you need to join the ARA review, as opposed to the review team. I hope this clarifies things.

Thank you.
Melissa.
Official Reviewer Representative
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Amalia Marigold
Currently Reading: DentistryXposed
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amalia-marigold.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark by J.B. Lion

Post by Amalia Marigold »

Hi,

Thank you for your response and explanation. I apologize for the confusion. I want to clarify that I have not published any books, and my intention is solely to join the review team.

I am passionate about reading and providing honest reviews. I understand and respect the policy that authors are not eligible for the review team.

Thank you for considering my request.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”