Text-ready phone requirement

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Sharon Young 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Text-ready phone requirement

Post by Sharon Young 1 »

Not so much a question as a statement.

I've been grateful to get the daily emails and have found several new enjoyable reads this way (which was the point of joining of course). But our phone is a land line. A phone that will receive text messages is not happening as I do not desire or require one and will not invest in one for the sake of this. So I hope that doesn't mean I won't get the emails anymore.

I tried to click on one of the links in the email sent this morning (June 1) that had a list of "opportunities" where you purchase the Kindle ebook... I couldn't even click through to find out more about the books because I got to a screen saying a cell phone capable of receiving text messages was an absolute requirement. I get why, but it's kind of sad. I have a tablet, which is where I do most of my Kindle app reading, but tablets don't accept texts.

I wish you all well.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion. I'm very sorry to hear that the phone number requirement doesn't work for you. I can add a suggestion to allow phone number verification via a phone call. Would that work for you?

Thank you.
Melissa.
Official Reviewer Representative
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”