Email Verification Help

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Re: Email Verification Help

Post by Scott »

Scott wrote: 07 Jan 2016, 11:47 If you aren't getting the email verification link, please try the following in the listed order:
  1. Have the verification email resent. There should be a resend button on the appropriate page.
  2. Double-check your spam/junk folder.
  3. Double-check your email address is correct. It should be listed near the resend button.
  4. Add noreply@onlinebookclub.org to your whitelist or approved senders, etc.
  5. Contact your email provider about the problem. Since we may have never emailed you before, your email provider may be blocking the email by mistake. Most email providers put these emails into a special folder for suspected junk/spam, but some email providers are much less user-friendly and just delete the emails without notice to you.
  6. Switch email providers. Ours is probably not the only email you are missing.
  7. Post a reply in this topic explaining the steps you have taken to resolve the issue, especially in regard to step 5. I will do my best to help you.
IMPORTANT: When replying to this post, to get help you must explain what happened when you tried all the steps above, AND you must include what your email provider said about the issue when you asked them about the issue.

DO NOT POST A REPLY IN THIS TOPIC UNLESS YOU HAVE CONTACTED YOUR EMAIL PROVIDER DIRECTLY AND RECEIVED A RESPONSE. PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL PROVIDER'S RESPONSE IN YOUR POST IN THIS TOPIC.
Caroline Gavelfalt wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 09:34 I have tried all of the above, but can't get a hold of Microsoft not sure why.

I have created a yahoo email to be able to get notifications again but can't find how to change it, so I sent the request to the review team email is that right?
What happens when you attempt to get ahold of Microsoft about this issue?
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

Scott wrote: 07 Jan 2016, 11:47 If you aren't getting the email verification link, please try the following in the listed order:
  1. Have the verification email resent. There should be a resend button on the appropriate page.
  2. Double-check your spam/junk folder.
  3. Double-check your email address is correct. It should be listed near the resend button.
  4. Add noreply@onlinebookclub.org to your whitelist or approved senders, etc.
  5. Contact your email provider about the problem. Since we may have never emailed you before, your email provider may be blocking the email by mistake. Most email providers put these emails into a special folder for suspected junk/spam, but some email providers are much less user-friendly and just delete the emails without notice to you.
  6. Switch email providers. Ours is probably not the only email you are missing.
  7. Post a reply in this topic explaining the steps you have taken to resolve the issue, especially in regard to step 5. I will do my best to help you.
IMPORTANT: When replying to this post, to get help you must explain what happened when you tried all the steps above, AND you must include what your email provider said about the issue when you asked them about the issue.

DO NOT POST A REPLY IN THIS TOPIC UNLESS YOU HAVE CONTACTED YOUR EMAIL PROVIDER DIRECTLY AND RECEIVED A RESPONSE. PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL PROVIDER'S RESPONSE IN YOUR POST IN THIS TOPIC.
opersaud wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 11:36 my email isn't working please help. your instructions did not help
You must follow the steps listed in the OP, quoted above, to get assistance.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Nelson Fernandes
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nelson Fernandes »

Done and done
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Melisa Jane »

Nelson Fernandes wrote: 17 Aug 2022, 06:52 Done and done
Hello.

Thank you for the compliment. I can't seem to find your original post. Can you post the issue again?
Thank you.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Akampurira Shallot

Post by Akampurira Shallot »

Done 8)
Melisa Jane
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Melisa Jane »

Akampurira Shallot wrote: 28 Aug 2022, 01:00 Done 8)
Hi.

Thank you for the inquiry. Are you having some problems with your email address? Please let me know if I can assist.

Thank you.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen

~ Scott Hughes
Bruv4

Post by Bruv4 »

I typed in the wrong email. How may I correct it?
Melisa Jane

Post by Melisa Jane »

Bruv4 wrote: 31 Aug 2022, 15:37 I typed in the wrong email. How may I correct it?
Hi.

Thank you for reaching out. You can give me the correct email here and I will change it for you. If for privacy reasons, you are not comfortable giving out your email address here, you can PM me and I will change it for you.

Thank you.

~ Scott Hughes
Chongo Situmba
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Chongo Situmba »

[The veryfication email button appears on the page at the bottom while email address appears above the verification button. I think the problem is having a slow network, right now the network at times is not available,in one of the emails I mentioned that.thank you :topic:
Melisa Jane

Post by Melisa Jane »

Chongo Situmba wrote: 17 Sep 2022, 08:16 [The veryfication email button appears on the page at the bottom while email address appears above the verification button. I think the problem is having a slow network, right now the network at times is not available,in one of the emails I mentioned that.thank you :topic:
Hello.

Thank you for reaching out. I'm not sure I understand what the issue here is. Can you click on the verification button? Please give more explanation for me to be able to assist.

Thank you.

~ Scott Hughes
Swizzy Summer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Swizzy Summer »

I haven't gotten the email verification yet--possibly because I've been having issues with my email most of today. I'll recheck tomorrow and try the resend if necessary--and I'll change to a different email address if all else fails.

:roll2:
Melisa Jane

Post by Melisa Jane »

Swizzy Summer wrote: 18 Sep 2022, 14:21 I haven't gotten the email verification yet--possibly because I've been having issues with my email most of today. I'll recheck tomorrow and try the resend if necessary--and I'll change to a different email address if all else fails.

:roll2:
Hello.

Thank you for the feedback. Please do let me know how it goes, or if you needed assistance with anything.

Thank you.

~ Scott Hughes
Tara D Morgan
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The colour purple
Currently Reading: Angel of Liverpool
Bookshelf Size: 202
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tara-d-morgan.html
Latest Review: Good Evening, Sir George by Donald Yule

Post by Tara D Morgan »

I've been a member of this club for three months and have never had a problem with emails from you. You are on my contacts list, so there is no reason it would go into the junk folder (although that has been checked). Why are emails suddenly bouncing? And why am I not getting the email verification? My email supplier says it is down to the club, so I am a bit stumped now :idea2:
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 337
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: Saschaisms by Sascha Bridges Angela Ziska

Post by Hager Salem »

I had this problem before and contacted the email's customer service until the problem was solved. Now I didn't receive the email today and the emails are bouncing again !
Twanano Mageza
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-twanano-mageza.html
Latest Review: Khanjar by Bob O'Brien

Post by Twanano Mageza »

Melissa Jane wrote: 02 Sep 2022, 03:18
Bruv4 wrote: 31 Aug 2022, 15:37 I typed in the wrong email. How may I correct it?
Hi.

Thank you for reaching out. You can give me the correct email here and I will change it for you. If for privacy reasons, you are not comfortable giving out your email address here, you can PM me and I will change it for you.

Thank you.
Hi, Melissa Jane. I am new here and I just realised I typed in the wrong email too. If you are able to help me also, the email I want to use is twananomageza ending with the yahoo domain. Apparently I cannot post emails here. Can you help me change the current one to this one I just mentioned?
Thank you
Latest Review: Khanjar by Bob O'Brien

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”