Email Verification Help

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Nhlanhla1998
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Email Verification Help

Post by Nhlanhla1998 »

:D Done :D
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

Nhlanhla1998 wrote: 23 Sep 2022, 02:49 :D Done :D
Hi.

Thank you for reaching out. Do you have any problems with your email verification?

Thank you.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Melisa Jane
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Melisa Jane »

Tara D Morgan wrote: 22 Sep 2022, 09:21 I've been a member of this club for three months and have never had a problem with emails from you. You are on my contacts list, so there is no reason it would go into the junk folder (although that has been checked). Why are emails suddenly bouncing? And why am I not getting the email verification? My email supplier says it is down to the club, so I am a bit stumped now :idea2:
Hi

Thank you for reaching out. I noticed some bounce back emails today. Are you using an outlook email address? If so, kindly be patient as the issue is being reviewed by the administration. If you are using a different email provider, please let me know so I can follow up on your issue too.

Thank you.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen

~ Scott Hughes
Melisa Jane

Post by Melisa Jane »

Hager Salem wrote: 22 Sep 2022, 18:18 I had this problem before and contacted the email's customer service until the problem was solved. Now I didn't receive the email today and the emails are bouncing again !
Hello.

Thank you for reaching out. Are you using an outlook email address? If so, please be patient as this issue has been forwarded to the executive team and will be resolved soon. If you are using a different email provider, please let me know so I can follow up on your issue too.

Thank you.

~ Scott Hughes
Melisa Jane

Post by Melisa Jane »

Twanano Mageza wrote: 22 Sep 2022, 20:06
Melissa Jane wrote: 02 Sep 2022, 03:18
Bruv4 wrote: 31 Aug 2022, 15:37 I typed in the wrong email. How may I correct it?
Hi.

Thank you for reaching out. You can give me the correct email here and I will change it for you. If for privacy reasons, you are not comfortable giving out your email address here, you can PM me and I will change it for you.

Thank you.
Hi, Melissa Jane. I am new here and I just realised I typed in the wrong email too. If you are able to help me also, the email I want to use is twananomageza ending with the yahoo domain. Apparently I cannot post emails here. Can you help me change the current one to this one I just mentioned?
Thank you
Hello.

Thank you for reaching out. I changed your email address to twananomageza@yahoo.com. If this is not the correct email address you were referring to, please let me know.

Thank you.

~ Scott Hughes
Jacki Mac Iver Hill
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: the irrational mind
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacki-mac-iver-hill.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by Jacki Mac Iver Hill »

Hello Scott and whoever else is helping!
I never received the BOTD email yesterday morning, and I was very busy all day and wasn't able to re-check it until early this morning. It wasn't there. So I came here to your website and was taken to this page: https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/viewt ... =3&t=32580

There was a message stating your emails have bounced, and that I was sent a verification email. Which I never got. So I clicked on re-send, but nothing ever came, not in any folder, including spam. I then told Outlook to never send your emails to spam, but they weren't even going there! I wasn't getting anything, but of course the message said they were getting bounced, so I wouldn't get anything, would I? Anyway, after I did that, I did resend the verifiaction email again, but got nothing.

This site has sent me hundreds upon hundreds of emails, so being new isn't the issue, but I contacted Outlook anyway, as you suggested. I made a copy of our entire conversation for you, although you will probably only be interested in what I highlighted on page 4. But I thought I should send the entire thing, anyway. Bottom line is they say it has to be on your end, because I'm still receiving emails from other senders.

Well, I can't attach the file (it's a Word document) but I took screenshots of the pertinent chat:
SS 2 - 2022-09-23 at 04-28-41 Microsoft Support - 1044218151.png
SS 2 - 2022-09-23 at 04-28-41 Microsoft Support - 1044218151.png (55.72 KiB) Viewed 712 times
SS 1 -  2022-09-23 at 04-25-01 Microsoft Support - 1044218151.png
SS 1 - 2022-09-23 at 04-25-01 Microsoft Support - 1044218151.png (52.45 KiB) Viewed 712 times
I would be EXTREMELY upset if I had to change email providers. It would take me eons to notify everyone of a change. If it's absolutely necessary that I have to set up another email just for OnlineBookClub, I will. But it would be kinda difficult for me to try and check it daily, as I already have about 7 emails (yes, I need [almost] all of them *yikes*). And keeping up with them is difficult as it is, and they're all Outlook!!!

But if I must, I must. However, would it be possible for you all to just maybe check to see if I somehow got blocked on your end? I would appreciate the effort to no end. Let me know please, and thank you.

PS: The email in question is jmhillw@outlook.com
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't...
You're right!”
:doh:
- Henry Ford

No amount of guilt can change the past.
No amount of anxiety can change the future.
:indubitablysmile:
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 380
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Know Your Buyer! by D.L. Andrews
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

JM Hill wrote: 23 Sep 2022, 05:33 Hello Scott and whoever else is helping!
I never received the BOTD email yesterday morning, and I was very busy all day and wasn't able to re-check it until early this morning. It wasn't there. So I came here to your website and was taken to this page: https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/viewt ... =3&t=32580

There was a message stating your emails have bounced, and that I was sent a verification email. Which I never got. So I clicked on re-send, but nothing ever came, not in any folder, including spam. I then told Outlook to never send your emails to spam, but they weren't even going there! I wasn't getting anything, but of course the message said they were getting bounced, so I wouldn't get anything, would I? Anyway, after I did that, I did resend the verifiaction email again, but got nothing.

This site has sent me hundreds upon hundreds of emails, so being new isn't the issue, but I contacted Outlook anyway, as you suggested. I made a copy of our entire conversation for you, although you will probably only be interested in what I highlighted on page 4. But I thought I should send the entire thing, anyway. Bottom line is they say it has to be on your end, because I'm still receiving emails from other senders.

Well, I can't attach the file (it's a Word document) but I took screenshots of the pertinent chat:
SS 2 - 2022-09-23 at 04-28-41 Microsoft Support - 1044218151.pngSS 1 - 2022-09-23 at 04-25-01 Microsoft Support - 1044218151.png

I would be EXTREMELY upset if I had to change email providers. It would take me eons to notify everyone of a change. If it's absolutely necessary that I have to set up another email just for OnlineBookClub, I will. But it would be kinda difficult for me to try and check it daily, as I already have about 7 emails (yes, I need [almost] all of them *yikes*). And keeping up with them is difficult as it is, and they're all Outlook!!!

But if I must, I must. However, would it be possible for you all to just maybe check to see if I somehow got blocked on your end? I would appreciate the effort to no end. Let me know please, and thank you.

PS: The email in question is jmhillw@outlook.com
Hi,

I'm sorry that you've had this difficulty. I've referred this matter to the site management: please allow up to two business days for them to deal with this.

Regards,

ButterscotchCherrie (Official Reviewer Representative)
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 337
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: Saschaisms by Sascha Bridges Angela Ziska

Post by Hager Salem »

Melissa Jane wrote: 23 Sep 2022, 03:00
Hager Salem wrote: 22 Sep 2022, 18:18 I had this problem before and contacted the email's customer service until the problem was solved. Now I didn't receive the email today and the emails are bouncing again !
Hello.

Thank you for reaching out. Are you using an outlook email address? If so, please be patient as this issue has been forwarded to the executive team and will be resolved soon. If you are using a different email provider, please let me know so I can follow up on your issue too.

Thank you.
Yes I'm using outlook. The problem was solved today and I received an email today. I had to reverify my subscription to book of the day and hence I lost my carryover points, I don't see that this is fair since it wasn't something I did. Kindly do something about that.
Melisa Jane

Post by Melisa Jane »

Hager Salem wrote: 23 Sep 2022, 20:27
Hello.

Thank you.
Yes I'm using outlook. The problem was solved today and I received an email today. I had to reverify my subscription to book of the day and hence I lost my carryover points, I don't see that this is fair since it wasn't something I did. Kindly do something about that.
Hello.

Thank you for the inquiry. Did you fail to enter the BOTD yesterday? Kindly note that you can enter the BOTD even when you fail to receive the BOTD email announcement.

Thank you.

~ Scott Hughes
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 337
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: Saschaisms by Sascha Bridges Angela Ziska

Post by Hager Salem »

Melissa Jane wrote: 24 Sep 2022, 02:26
Hager Salem wrote: 23 Sep 2022, 20:27

Hello.

Thank you.
Hello.

Thank you for the inquiry. Did you fail to enter the BOTD yesterday? Kindly note that you can enter the BOTD even when you fail to receive the BOTD email announcement.

Thank you.

I tried to enter it, but it led eventually to the page that said my emails are bouncing, and that I needed to reverify my supscription through the email, which I couldn't receive.
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 509
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

Hager Salem wrote: 24 Sep 2022, 10:32 I tried to enter it, but it led eventually to the page that said my emails are bouncing, and that I needed to reverify my supscription through the email, which I couldn't receive.
Hi Hager,

Thank you for reaching out. As Melissa stated, entering the BOTD giveaway is still possible, even without the email code. However, if you are receiving a message on the BOTD giveaway page that says otherwise, please send a screenshot of what message you receive when you try to enter the daily giveaway to reviewteamsupport@onlinebookclub.org so this can be looked into. Thanks!
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Melisa Jane

Post by Melisa Jane »

Himanshi pal wrote: 02 Oct 2022, 20:57 This book is very good i was never read book before this is my first time and my first experience is good.
Hi.

Thank you for the feedback. I'm glad you are enjoying the book you picked. Welcome to Onlinebookclub!

~ Scott Hughes
Jacki Mac Iver Hill
In It Together VIP

Kaitlyn Canedy wrote: 24 Sep 2022, 16:00
Hager Salem wrote: 24 Sep 2022, 10:32 I tried to enter it, but it led eventually to the page that said my emails are bouncing, and that I needed to reverify my supscription through the email, which I couldn't receive.
Hi Hager,

Thank you for reaching out. As Melissa stated, entering the BOTD giveaway is still possible, even without the email code. However, if you are receiving a message on the BOTD giveaway page that says otherwise, please send a screenshot of what message you receive when you try to enter the daily giveaway to reviewteamsupport@onlinebookclub.org so this can be looked into. Thanks!

Good morning,

First I'd like to thank those of you who have addressed this issue, or posted relevant information.

But, unfortunately, as far as entering the BOTD giveaway, the error page I'm getting says my "BOTD subscription has been disabled". And I also don't know how to enter it any other way than through that page which is here: https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelv ... eaways.php

Please, am I missing something?

I signed up for Scott's mentoring program, where the requirement for the free option is doing several things relevant to and regarding BOTD. I've missed several days because of the bounced emails issue. Which means I probably won't get the free membership. :cry: Until I know for certain, though, it's VERY important to me to find out if there is another way to participate in the BOTD activities.

Also, you'd probably want to know that Tori has been in contact with me about resolving the bounced mails issue, and she also mentioned I had signed up for the free option of the mentoring program to her boss.

Thank you again to those of you trying to help. :greatweekend:
You're right!”
- Henry Ford

Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 380
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Know Your Buyer! by D.L. Andrews
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

JM Hill wrote: 08 Oct 2022, 03:47
Kaitlyn Canedy wrote: 24 Sep 2022, 16:00
Hi Hager,

Good morning,

First I'd like to thank those of you who have addressed this issue, or posted relevant information.

But, unfortunately, as far as entering the BOTD giveaway, the error page I'm getting says my "BOTD subscription has been disabled". And I also don't know how to enter it any other way than through that page which is here: https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelv ... eaways.php

Please, am I missing something?

I signed up for Scott's mentoring program, where the requirement for the free option is doing several things relevant to and regarding BOTD. I've missed several days because of the bounced emails issue. Which means I probably won't get the free membership. :cry: Until I know for certain, though, it's VERY important to me to find out if there is another way to participate in the BOTD activities.

Also, you'd probably want to know that Tori has been in contact with me about resolving the bounced mails issue, and she also mentioned I had signed up for the free option of the mentoring program to her boss.

Thank you again to those of you trying to help. :greatweekend:
Hi,

I'm not sure there is another way to participate in the Giveaway, but have passed the question on to Tori. I hope this can be resolved soon, but would hope your difficulties will be taken into account with regard to the mentoring program requirements.

Wishing you a great weekend also!

ButterscotchCherrie
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Jacki Mac Iver Hill
In It Together VIP

Thank you ButterscotchCherrie,
I'm so hoping you're right. There've been more than a couple of times where I needed to interact with Scott over the last few years. From what I know of him from those instances, I think it's a possibility. Keeping my fingers crossed, anyway. And thank you again. :o)
You're right!”
- Henry Ford

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”