Payment [Resolved]

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Hilda Nyanchama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hilda-nyanchama.html
Latest Review: The Unlikely Cowboy by James E. Doucette

Payment [Resolved]

Post by Hilda Nyanchama »

Hello, I am from Kenya, I am a reviewer here. My PayPal account was limited am thus am unable to receive payment from online book club. In Kenya we have a mobile payment system called MPESA, I have actually received several international payment through MPESA. Is it possible for online bookclub to pay through this method? Thanks
Kigen Valarie
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Amy K Collier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kigen-valarie.html
Latest Review: “TREMAINE” by James Harold Kelly
fav_author_id: 281506
2024 Reading Goal: 240
2024 Goal Completion: 11%

Post by Kigen Valarie »

Hi Hilda, I'm from Kenya too. Nice to know you. The administration currently only uses PayPal as the method of payment. They may be considering other methods but it's yet to be communicated. I'm sorry to hear that your account was limited. Can you get to the PayPal team concerning this issue?
Life will go whichever way. Changing it is up to a very powerful force :|
Kirsi Cultrera
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 197
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-cultrera.html
Latest Review: Remembering Stardust by C. D. Baker

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

Hilda Nyanchama wrote: 01 Jul 2023, 09:08 Hello, I am from Kenya, I am a reviewer here. My PayPal account was limited am thus am unable to receive payment from online book club. In Kenya we have a mobile payment system called MPESA, I have actually received several international payment through MPESA. Is it possible for online bookclub to pay through this method? Thanks
Hello,

And thank you for reaching out. I am very sorry for the delay in answering your message. I see that @Kigen Valarie already suggested you could contact PayPal's customer service concerning this issue; have you already done that?

Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.

Thank you, and have a good day,
Kirsi
John Owen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Baggage
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-owen.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 123%

Post by John Owen »

Kigen Valarie wrote: 01 Jul 2023, 09:51 Hi Hilda, I'm from Kenya too. Nice to know you. The administration currently only uses PayPal as the method of payment. They may be considering other methods but it's yet to be communicated. I'm sorry to hear that your account was limited. Can you get to the PayPal team concerning this issue?
I'm from Kenya too. Glad to know you Valarie!
Harmony in chaos. It's all a matter of perspective.
John Owen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Baggage
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-owen.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 123%

Post by John Owen »

Hilda Nyanchama wrote: 01 Jul 2023, 09:08 Hello, I am from Kenya, I am a reviewer here. My PayPal account was limited am thus am unable to receive payment from online book club. In Kenya we have a mobile payment system called MPESA, I have actually received several international payment through MPESA. Is it possible for online bookclub to pay through this method? Thanks
As Kirsi has said, you have to solve the issue with PayPal. However, there was a poll on Facebook on other payments options that can be added that was started by Scott. I think Mpesa was among the options. You'd want to vote for it through this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/4161124 ... 0/?app=fbl

I believe when the suggested payment options will be feasible enough, the management will add it... Hopefully.
Harmony in chaos. It's all a matter of perspective.
Kigen Valarie
Favorite Author: Amy K Collier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kigen-valarie.html
Latest Review: “TREMAINE” by James Harold Kelly
fav_author_id: 281506
2024 Reading Goal: 240
2024 Goal Completion: 11%

Post by Kigen Valarie »

John Owen wrote: 02 Aug 2023, 07:43
As Kirsi has said, you have to solve the issue with PayPal. However, there was a poll on Facebook on other payments options that can be added that was started by Scott. I think Mpesa was among the options. You'd want to vote for it through this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/4161124 ... 0/?app=fbl

I believe when the suggested payment options will be feasible enough, the management will add it... Hopefully.
Nice knowing you too Owen. I just made sure I went to that post to vote for mpesa. I had not seen it before. Glad you mentioned it.
Life will go whichever way. Changing it is up to a very powerful force :|
Joycelene Khan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joycelene-khan.html
Latest Review: The Vine by Adria L. Dunn

Post by Joycelene Khan »

Hi I was also wanting to know when the payment will be made to PayPal. I have done a review on The Vine and my review got published about 3 weeks ago.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

Joycelene Khan wrote: 07 Aug 2023, 17:31 Hi I was also wanting to know when the payment will be made to PayPal. I have done a review on The Vine and my review got published about 3 weeks ago.
Here is the link to the Review Approval, Publication, and Payment Timeframes.

If you have any other questions at any time, or any suggestions to make OnlineBookClub even better, please do contact us. We are always happy to help. :)
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”