Changing the PayPal Email address

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Esmeralda Cisne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esmeralda-cisne.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Changing the PayPal Email address

Post by Esmeralda Cisne »

Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to change the email address for the Payment profile. I've written volunteer reviews in the past and got paid for it. However, since I moved to a new country, I can't access the old PayPal account anymore and would like to change it. I haven't written any new reviews partly because I didn't have the time to read for leisure, and partly because if I were to write a review with payment, it would go to a PayPal account that I cannot access anymore. Please help.

Thank you ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ
Nisha DSouza
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 160
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Esmeralda Cisne wrote: โ†‘12 Jul 2023, 22:19 Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to change the email address for the Payment profile. I've written volunteer reviews in the past and got paid for it. However, since I moved to a new country, I can't access the old PayPal account anymore and would like to change it. I haven't written any new reviews partly because I didn't have the time to read for leisure, and partly because if I were to write a review with payment, it would go to a PayPal account that I cannot access anymore. Please help.

Thank you ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. I am sorry for the delayed response. Unfortunately, you cannot modify your PayPal email after a payment has already been sent to that account. I am sorry for any disappointment this may cause. We already have a suggestion added to our internal to-do list to remedy this kind of issue.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Have a great day.

Thank you.
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Esmeralda Cisne
Currently Reading:

Hi,

I understand. That's unfortunate. I suppose the best course of action for me moving forward is to just restart in a new account. However, if this issue could be remedied in the near future, please let us know.

Have a great day. Thank you.
Nisha DSouza
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 160
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Esmeralda Cisne wrote: โ†‘05 Aug 2023, 12:53 Hi,

I understand. That's unfortunate. I suppose the best course of action for me moving forward is to just restart in a new account. However, if this issue could be remedied in the near future, please let us know.

Have a great day. Thank you.
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. If by "starting in a new account" you mean opening a new OBC account, please let me remind you that it is strictly against the rules to create duplicate accounts. It may lead to a ban on both accounts.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Have a great day.

Thank you.
Nisha

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Esmeralda Cisne
Currently Reading:

Hi,

If I deleted this account, would it be against the rules to 'restart' in a new one? I'm a little confused with the specifics of that.

In any case, I'm still hoping that email change for PayPal accounts would be possible in the near future.OBC is a great place to read and review new books, and I really hope to continue doing that.

Thank you.
Melisa Jane
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. It's against the OnlineBookClub policy to create duplicate accounts. Even if you delete your account, you'll still be creating a duplicate account. If you contact Paypal and let them know of your relocation, they may assist you with migrating your PayPal account to your current country of residence. Have you contacted them about this?

Thank you.
Melissa.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Esmeralda Cisne
Currently Reading:

Hi,

I understand. Yes, I've contacted PayPal about this a couple of years ago, but as another security measure of theirs, I had to change through a code sent on a mobile number I no longer have access to, unfortunately.
Kirsi Cultrera
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 197
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-cultrera.html
Latest Review: Remembering Stardust by C. D. Baker

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

Esmeralda Cisne wrote: โ†‘07 Aug 2023, 03:43 Hi,

I understand. Yes, I've contacted PayPal about this a couple of years ago, but as another security measure of theirs, I had to change through a code sent on a mobile number I no longer have access to, unfortunately.
Hi there,

And thank you for reaching out. I am sorry for the trouble. You mentioned you have contacted PayPal a couple of years ago; maybe you could try contacting them again and thoroughly explain your situation?

Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.

Thank you, and have a good day,
Kirsi

Return to โ€œPublic Suggestion Box (Retired)โ€