Unreasonable Restrictions

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Ofir Shatz
Currently Reading: Waterworks
Bookshelf Size: 23

Unreasonable Restrictions

Post by Ofir Shatz »

Hi !
I'm a new member here.
I don't understand why, precisely in the moment of need (when one is new), I'm prohibited from contacting the the support team for help. Not logical. Please consider again this limitation.
To be specific, I wanted help on the strange disqualification of a post I wrote. The post was well written and well reasoned, but after the disqualification, it seems that the post is gone, and I have no copy of it. Who would have thought that a post that he's put some thought in, would find its way straight to the waste basket ?
The weirdest thing about it is that the reasoning given to this act by the moderator is very unclear, although it has been written with English words.
Please help me recover the post.
Kigen Valarie
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Amy K Collier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kigen-valarie.html
Latest Review: “TREMAINE” by James Harold Kelly
fav_author_id: 281506
2024 Reading Goal: 240
2024 Goal Completion: 11%

Post by Kigen Valarie »

Ofir Shatz wrote: 16 Jul 2023, 07:50 Hi !
I'm a new member here.
I don't understand why, precisely in the moment of need (when one is new), I'm prohibited from contacting the the support team for help. Not logical. Please consider again this limitation.
To be specific, I wanted help on the strange disqualification of a post I wrote. The post was well written and well reasoned, but after the disqualification, it seems that the post is gone, and I have no copy of it. Who would have thought that a post that he's put some thought in, would find its way straight to the waste basket ?
The weirdest thing about it is that the reasoning given to this act by the moderator is very unclear, although it has been written with English words.
I'm sorry that you are facing such a problem. I don't understand what you mean about being restricted to ask for support and I hope you can elaborate further. However, an alternative way would be to post your queries on the review support forum where you can be helped by reviewer representatives or fellow experienced reviewers. I also don't know the reason your post was disqualified but I would advise you to ensure you post them on the correct forum and ensure your post is understandable. Again, I'm sorry about this.
Life will go whichever way. Changing it is up to a very powerful force :|
Ofir Shatz

Post by Ofir Shatz »

Kigen Valarie wrote: 16 Jul 2023, 12:55
I'm a new member here.
I'm sorry that you are facing such a problem. I don't understand what you mean about being restricted to ask for support and I hope you can elaborate further. However, an alternative way would be to post your queries on the review support forum where you can be helped by reviewer representatives or fellow experienced reviewers. I also don't know the reason your post was disqualified but I would advise you to ensure you post them on the correct forum and ensure your post is understandable. Again, I'm sorry about this.
Hello Kigen !
Thanks for your reply.
I believe that if you don't understand my complaint, then you're not the right address for them. The best way is to address them to someone who does understand - one who sets the rules here.
Well, those rules prohibit me, as a new member from sending a message, since I still have'nt submitted enough posts in the forums. As I wrote, the irony is that you mostly need help when you're new.
As I wrote, the post was well written, and submitted in the propper forum - it was a reply to a book review - You can't go wronk about it.
The worst thing is that it's gone. I don't know where it is, and I can't approach it in any way I know.
One of your fellow moderators has made a very annoying mistake, and I hope he or she can fix it.
I'd appreciate it, if you address my complaint to on of the managers, and to the moderator who ruled out my post, and made it disappear.
Jeremie Mondejar
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1377
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: The Book of Moncoto by Mosetta Penick Phillips-Cermak, Ph.D.

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

Ofir Shatz wrote: 16 Jul 2023, 16:22
I'm a new member here.
Hello Kigen !
Thanks for your reply.
I believe that if you don't understand my complaint, then you're not the right address for them. The best way is to address them to someone who does understand - one who sets the rules here.
Well, those rules prohibit me, as a new member from sending a message, since I still have'nt submitted enough posts in the forums. As I wrote, the irony is that you mostly need help when you're new.
As I wrote, the post was well written, and submitted in the propper forum - it was a reply to a book review - You can't go wronk about it.
The worst thing is that it's gone. I don't know where it is, and I can't approach it in any way I know.
One of your fellow moderators has made a very annoying mistake, and I hope he or she can fix it.
I'd appreciate it, if you address my complaint to on of the managers, and to the moderator who ruled out my post, and made it disappear.
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry for the confusion. If I understood you correctly, you commented on some reviews, and your post got rejected by the moderator, am I right?

Did your comment relate to the review? Are your comments repeated?

If not, I'm sorry about it. Moderators also make mistakes and are humans, too. Those posts won't be approved once they have been rejected.

I hope this helps you clarify your query. I'm wishing you a great day.😀

Thank you.😃
Jeremie

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
Ofir Shatz

Post by Ofir Shatz »

Jeremie Mondejar wrote: 16 Jul 2023, 22:29
Ofir Shatz wrote: 16 Jul 2023, 16:22

Hello Kigen !
Thanks for your reply.
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry for the confusion. If I understood you correctly, you commented on some reviews, and your post got rejected by the moderator, am I right?

Did your comment relate to the review? Are your comments repeated?

If not, I'm sorry about it. Moderators also make mistakes and are humans, too. Those posts won't be approved once they have been rejected.

I hope this helps you clarify your query. I'm wishing you a great day.😀

Thank you.😃
Hi Jeremie !

Thanks for your reply.

You're right. I commented on a review, and my post got rejected by the moderator.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "repeated", but I can be quite sure that my comment was well written,
well reasoned and original.

Of course we're all humans. I didn't request any sanctions against anyone ("Off with her head" :P ).
However, I did request help, at least with finding the lost post text. As I understand from your reply, the original post won't be approved. But, where is the text ? Why is it gone ? Can you help me find it ?

With this being a "Suggestion Box", I'll finish with two suggestions:

- Even if a post is rejected, the text should somehow be available to the post issuer.

- Remove the limitation on new members which prevents them from contacting the support team for help.
By this, I'm referring to "Automatic restrictions based on post count" in "Links and Info for New Members".
These limitations are the reason why this issue is in the suggestion box, and not dealt by private messages.
I'll repeat again - When you're new, that's the time you mostly need help, and it should be provided in the easiest way possible.

Regards,
Ofir.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

I'm a new member here.
I don't understand why, precisely in the moment of need (when one is new), I'm prohibited from contacting the the support team for help.
You aren't.

In fact, you are writing that you are prohibited from contacting the support team in a message you are writing to the support team. :?
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Ofir Shatz

Post by Ofir Shatz »

Scott wrote: 04 Aug 2023, 20:29
I'm a new member here.
I don't understand why, precisely in the moment of need (when one is new), I'm prohibited from contacting the the support team for help.
You aren't.

In fact, you are writing that you are prohibited from contacting the support team in a message you are writing to the support team. :?
Hi Scott !

Sorry to tell you, bet your answer is offending, by indirectly calling me a liar.
I never understand why people jump so fast to conclusions, especially if it involves hurting other people.
What more - there's no answer to the issue I've risen.

As you can probably see, I wrote this post on July 16th, or maybe earlier. I was certainly new at the time, meaning I had less than 10 posts on the club's forum. One of them was deleted by a moderator that hasn't given too much thought about it (mistakes happen, I know). Since I had no copy of the post and I thought it was original and important, and since I put some thought in writing it, I needed to know whether I could recover it somehow. It was then that I discovered that I can't write direct messages, and specifically, to the support team, asking for help. I could only post a request on a public forum. The consequence - I got answers, but no real help.
I then wrote that it was not logical, in my opinion, that at the moment one needs help, when he's new, he cannot get it, because of the restrictions. Again, this is my opinion. I'm aware to the fact that there are other considerations, but I wanted to stress that point of view. That's the story, summarized.

Now, I hope you'd consider rephrasing your previous answer.

Ofir.
Nisha DSouza
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 160
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Hi @Ofir Shatz,

Thank you for reaching out. I read all your previous comments and from what I understand you repeatedly complain of not being able to reach the support team because you have less than 10 posts. Are you referring to a Private Message or a public message? If it's the latter, then you are allowed to do that even if you have less than 10 posts. The Review Team Support forum is solely for that purpose, so reviewers can reach out and ask questions.

Regarding your issue with the rejected post, unfortunately, we cannot retrieve that. I understand you must have put a lot of effort into writing it, and I am sorry about that.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Have a great day.

Thank you.
Nisha

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Ofir Shatz

Post by Ofir Shatz »

Hi Nisha !
Thanks for your answer.
My last post was written personally to Scott, as he, or one of his children or assistants, indirectly called me a liar, and that, in my standards, is simply not done. Please let him answer my post.
In my first post, I intended exactly to what I wrote. I think that when one is new to a system, that could be, sometimes, the most critical point for him to need help.
When one needs help, he needs to get it from the most knowledgable people, not from good Samaritans trying to ask this and that. That's why he needs a private messaging ability, directed to management / support team etc. That's my opinion. It's not likely to change. If the administrators here are open to other people's ideas, they might consider changing the restrictions.
As to my deleted post - again, that post was deleted for no reason. If there's no way to recover such posts, I urge the administrators to consider improving the system, so that such posts won't vanish completely, but will stay in the twilight zone, until settlement of the matter with the moderator, or if not settled - to be kept or copied by the issuer.
Best Regards,
Ofir.
Kirsi Cultrera
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 197
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-cultrera.html
Latest Review: Remembering Stardust by C. D. Baker

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

Ofir Shatz wrote: 07 Aug 2023, 09:05 Hi Nisha !
Thanks for your answer.
My last post was written personally to Scott, as he, or one of his children or assistants, indirectly called me a liar, and that, in my standards, is simply not done. Please let him answer my post.
In my first post, I intended exactly to what I wrote. I think that when one is new to a system, that could be, sometimes, the most critical point for him to need help.
When one needs help, he needs to get it from the most knowledgable people, not from good Samaritans trying to ask this and that. That's why he needs a private messaging ability, directed to management / support team etc. That's my opinion. It's not likely to change. If the administrators here are open to other people's ideas, they might consider changing the restrictions.
As to my deleted post - again, that post was deleted for no reason. If there's no way to recover such posts, I urge the administrators to consider improving the system, so that such posts won't vanish completely, but will stay in the twilight zone, until settlement of the matter with the moderator, or if not settled - to be kept or copied by the issuer.
Best Regards,
Ofir.
Hi, Ofir,

And thank you for sharing your thoughts about this. I am sorry for the inconvenient experience. I don't think anybody meant to call you a liar. However, as Scott and Nisha mentioned in their earlier responses, the Review Team Support forum (https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/viewforum.php?f=132) is there so that you can ask for help and reach out to the support staff. We do our very best to answer every post that has been made to that forum. Sometimes it takes a bit longer, but as said, we do our very best to answer to all your questions and concerns. If you'd like to make a suggestion of improvement, you can do it here in this forum (Public Suggestion Box), and we will forward them to the management.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Thank you, and have a lovely day,

I hope
Kirsi
Ofir Shatz

Post by Ofir Shatz »

Kirsi Cultrera wrote: 07 Aug 2023, 17:06
Ofir Shatz wrote: 07 Aug 2023, 09:05 Hi Nisha !
Thanks for your answer.
Best Regards,
Ofir.
Hi, Ofir,

And thank you for sharing your thoughts about this. I am sorry for the inconvenient experience. I don't think anybody meant to call you a liar. However, as Scott and Nisha mentioned in their earlier responses, the Review Team Support forum (https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/viewforum.php?f=132) is there so that you can ask for help and reach out to the support staff. We do our very best to answer every post that has been made to that forum. Sometimes it takes a bit longer, but as said, we do our very best to answer to all your questions and concerns. If you'd like to make a suggestion of improvement, you can do it here in this forum (Public Suggestion Box), and we will forward them to the management.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Thank you, and have a lovely day,

I hope
Hi !

- Please let Scott read my post and answer. He was the one who indirectly called me a liar. Not you.

- If you hadn't seen any suggestions for improvement in what I already wrote, then what else can I do ?
Maybe you should read again my posts.

Regards,
Ofir.

-
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Ofir Shatz wrote: 05 Aug 2023, 04:34 can't write direct messages, and specifically, to the support team, asking for help. I could only post a request on a public forum. The consequence - I got answers, but no real help.
To point out that I believe something you are saying is untrue is not to call you a liar. There's a difference between being honestly mistaken and being a liar. However, you absolutely 100% can contact the Support Team both publicly (as you are) or privately. To do it private, you can either click the navigation menu in the upper-left of the screen and then click the "Contact Us" link, which you will find right below the FAQ link and right above the ACP link.

Alternatively, you can scroll down to the footer of the website, and there is a "contact" link there too, right above the social media icons, and right below the sentence, "Please tell us how to improve this website!"

In other words, there are two contact links on every page of the website, one in the main navigation menu and a second one in the footer.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

Ofir Shatz

Post by Ofir Shatz »

Hi Scott !
Sorry, but you missed again.
The part of your message in which you indirectly called me a liar, contains only three words - "You aren't". That was in response to my message, in which I wrote I was new ( which I was, at the time). I could not be "honestly mistaken" about such a fact. I couldn't write, then, direct messages, because of the restrictions I was complaining about, so I was right about that part too. I'm sorry to see that admitting a mistake and apologizing is something very hard for some people. It's a pitty. Anyway, at least consider some of my ideas for improvement, as I put to them some thought, though, of course, I could be "honestly mistaken".
Regards,
Ofir.
Nisha DSouza
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 160
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Ofir Shatz wrote: 10 Aug 2023, 09:13 Hi Scott !
The part of your message in which you indirectly called me a liar, contains only three words - "You aren't". That was in response to my message, in which I wrote I was new ( which I was, at the time). I could not be "honestly mistaken" about such a fact. I couldn't write, then, direct messages, because of the restrictions I was complaining about, so I was right about that part too. I'm sorry to see that admitting a mistake and apologizing is something very hard for some people. It's a pitty. Anyway, at least consider some of my ideas for improvement, as I put to them some thought, though, of course, I could be "honestly mistaken".
Regards,
Ofir.
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. I want to confirm, when you were a new member, you tried reaching out to us by using the 'Contact Us' link and you were unable to do so. Is that right?

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Have a great day.

Thank you.
Nisha

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Ofir Shatz wrote: 05 Aug 2023, 04:34
Scott wrote: 04 Aug 2023, 20:29
I'm a new member here.
You aren't.

Hi Scott !

Sorry to tell you, bet your answer is offending, by indirectly calling me a liar.
I never understand why people jump so fast to conclusions, especially if it involves hurting other people.
Scott wrote: 09 Aug 2023, 22:49 To point out that I believe something you are saying is untrue is not to call you a liar. There's a difference between being honestly mistaken and being a liar. However, you absolutely 100% can contact the Support Team both publicly (as you are) or privately. To do it private, you can either click the navigation menu in the upper-left of the screen and then click the "Contact Us" link, which you will find right below the FAQ link and right above the ACP link.

Alternatively, you can scroll down to the footer of the website, and there is a "contact" link there too, right above the social media icons, and right below the sentence, "Please tell us how to improve this website!"

In other words, there are two contact links on every page of the website, one in the main navigation menu and a second one in the footer.
Ofir Shatz wrote: 10 Aug 2023, 09:13 Hi Scott !
The part of your message in which you indirectly called me a liar, contains only three words - "You aren't". That was in response to my message, in which I wrote I was new ( which I was, at the time). I could not be "honestly mistaken" about such a fact.
Please do re-read the post. When I wrote "you aren't", I didn't mean you aren't a new member, and I certainly absolutely 100% obviously didn't mean, "You are lying about being a new member", which would be an absurd thing to say, so obviously I wasn't saying such an absurd thing.

All I was saying when I said "you aren't" was that 'you aren't unable to contact us'.

The truth is: You are able to contact us. There is a contact link on every page of the website, both in the main navigation menu and then again in the footer. And for easy reference here is the direct link to the contact form. New members are allowed to send us a message. New members can easily send us a message. All members are allowed to message us, including new members. All members can send us a message, including new members.

Ofir Shatz wrote: 05 Aug 2023, 04:34
I couldn't possibly agree more.

I'm locking this topic. If you need help with anything else, send us a message, which you can definitely do.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”