A Suggestion for Modification on Editor Bans

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

A Suggestion for Modification on Editor Bans

Post by Sam Ibeh »

Hi Admins,

I have a suggestion about the ban on editors from scoring of reviews.

At the moment, when an editor recieves 3 warnings for either beingg rude or for submiting an innacurate scorecord, they are banned from scoring reviews. It is awesome, as it keeps editors on their toes. It also seems like this ban is a permanent ban. Sometimes, the editors do not intentionally mean to offend.

Therefore, I have a suggestion to give room for editors to learn and get a second chance at editing after learning from their mistakes (every repentant offender deserves a second chance).

The suggestion is to give room for reinstatement of a repentant editor after six months of their ban. If they are still level 6 at the expiry of 6 months, they can manually apply to be reinstated as editors per the current system.

Thank you.

Sam.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

Sam Ibeh wrote: 18 Jul 2023, 08:07 The suggestion is to give room for reinstatement of a repentant editor after six months of their ban. If they are still level 6 at the expiry of 6 months, they can manually apply to be reinstated as editors per the current system.
It's a good suggestion. Thank you for thinking of it.

For me, I wouldn't personally upvote as is. The reason is that I don't think simply having time go by is enough to warrant reinstating someone.

Instead, I think there would need to be other qualifications besides just six months going by, such as doing a minimum number of reviews in that time with a minimum editorial score.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Post by Sam Ibeh »

Scott wrote: 04 Aug 2023, 20:14
Sam Ibeh wrote: 18 Jul 2023, 08:07 The suggestion is to give room for reinstatement of a repentant editor after six months of their ban. If they are still level 6 at the expiry of 6 months, they can manually apply to be reinstated as editors per the current system.
It's a good suggestion. Thank you for thinking of it.

For me, I wouldn't personally upvote as is. The reason is that I don't think simply having time go by is enough to warrant reinstating someone.

Instead, I think there would need to be other qualifications besides just six months going by, such as doing a minimum number of reviews in that time with a minimum editorial score.
Hi Scott,

Thank you for adding that. I didn't add I because I assumed that the current system of manual access to level 6 and being an editor already covered that.

Thank you also for considering the suggestion. Do have the best of the day.

Sam.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

Perhaps, I'd suggest that the remove editor be able to re-apply to be an editor after both a certain time has gone and[/i] the removed editor has done a certain amount of new reviews with great scores and no inaccurate PRQs or other similar issues.

I don't mean PRQ Disputes because sometimes there is a dispute that is ultimately decided by the moderators in the reviewer's favor.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”