Can’t Submit Amazon Review [resolved]

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Hannah Burke 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-burke-1.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Can’t Submit Amazon Review [resolved]

Post by Hannah Burke 1 »

Hello I am being told I am required to submit an Amazon review in a book I read. Payment is pending on this review and I’m sure will be held and denied without the Amazon review posted. Unfortunately, I did not purchase this book on Amazon as I got a free pdf version on the OBC app. Since the book was not purchased, I am unable to write an Amazon review.
Additionally, I am waiting on my initial payment from a book that was reviewed and submitted months ago.
Please advise
Mary Smith 27
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-smith-27.html

Post by Mary Smith 27 »

I'm having the same issue and you can't talk to a human here. It's upsetting.
Laura Helsel Goggin
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-helsel-goggin.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Laura Helsel Goggin »

I am also having an issue with Amazon review. I submitted the review with Amazon but they haven’t approved it yet. I am being asked to give the link to prove I did the review but Amazon hasn’t posted yet. Not sure what to do?
fatma ezzahra jebari
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fatma-ezzahra-jebari.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by fatma ezzahra jebari »

You just have to wait it out. Amazon takes some time to publish reviews. Unfortunately, your accounts gets “frozen” , and you are unable to do anything about it. Hope it gets resolved soon.
AyushMate
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayushmate.html
Latest Review: The Vine by Adria L. Dunn

Post by AyushMate »

I have posted a review and shared the link of the review as well but they keep saying that they are unable to see my review. I don't know what to do.
Priya Mathew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-mathew.html
Latest Review: The Hotel Detective and his Lover by Derek Picot

Post by Priya Mathew »

Good to know it's not just me. I downloaded a PDF version of a book too, and amazon is not allowing me to post a review because I have not purchased the book. But the book is not available for purchase in my country. So not sure how I'd post the review. Wish someone would figure out a way to circumvent this issue. I could just post on goodreads, but that profile is somehow not connected to OBC.
"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers." - Charles W. Eliot
Joule Mwendwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joule-mwendwa.html
Latest Review: From Doubt to Do by Kat O'Sullivan

Post by Joule Mwendwa »

Hannah Burke 1 wrote: 26 Jul 2023, 21:30 Hello I am being told I am required to submit an Amazon review in a book I read. Payment is pending on this review and I’m sure will be held and denied without the Amazon review posted. Unfortunately, I did not purchase this book on Amazon as I got a free pdf version on the OBC app. Since the book was not purchased, I am unable to write an Amazon review.
Additionally, I am waiting on my initial payment from a book that was reviewed and submitted months ago.
Please advise
Hello. You can still leave an Amazon review even if you didn't buy the book. Just search for the book on Amazon, click on the ratings, and you'll see an option for "review this product." But first, you must be eligible to leave Amazon reviews, that is, you must have spent $50 on Amazon in the last 12 months.
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. -Nelson Mandela
Joule Mwendwa
Currently Reading:

Post by Joule Mwendwa »

Mary Smith 27 wrote: 27 Jul 2023, 09:09 I'm having the same issue and you can't talk to a human here. It's upsetting.
Hello. check out this post: viewtopic.php?f=132&t=346882
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. -Nelson Mandela
Joule Mwendwa
Currently Reading:

Post by Joule Mwendwa »

Laura Helsel Goggin wrote: 27 Jul 2023, 09:31 I am also having an issue with Amazon review. I submitted the review with Amazon but they haven’t approved it yet. I am being asked to give the link to prove I did the review but Amazon hasn’t posted yet. Not sure what to do?
you have to wait until Amazon publishes your review
Joule Mwendwa
Currently Reading:

Post by Joule Mwendwa »

AyushMate wrote: 30 Jul 2023, 01:43 I have posted a review and shared the link of the review as well but they keep saying that they are unable to see my review. I don't know what to do.
can you share the link here please?
Joule Mwendwa
Currently Reading:

Post by Joule Mwendwa »

Priya Mathew wrote: 02 Aug 2023, 09:13 Good to know it's not just me. I downloaded a PDF version of a book too, and amazon is not allowing me to post a review because I have not purchased the book. But the book is not available for purchase in my country. So not sure how I'd post the review. Wish someone would figure out a way to circumvent this issue. I could just post on goodreads, but that profile is somehow not connected to OBC.
Hello. You mean you searched the book and didn't find it on Amazon? To leave a review on Amazon you must have spent at least $50 on Amazon. Have you reached that amount? If not checkout this post viewtopic.php?f=132&t=346882
Hannah Burke 1
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-burke-1.html

Post by Hannah Burke 1 »

Joule Mwendwa wrote: 03 Aug 2023, 07:11
Hannah Burke 1 wrote: 26 Jul 2023, 21:30 Hello I am being told I am required to submit an Amazon review in a book I read. Payment is pending on this review and I’m sure will be held and denied without the Amazon review posted. Unfortunately, I did not purchase this book on Amazon as I got a free pdf version on the OBC app. Since the book was not purchased, I am unable to write an Amazon review.
Please advise
Hello. You can still leave an Amazon review even if you didn't buy the book. Just search for the book on Amazon, click on the ratings, and you'll see an option for "review this product." But first, you must be eligible to leave Amazon reviews, that is, you must have spent $50 on Amazon in the last 12 months.
Hi, thanks for the response. Although helpful, I still don’t have the answer as to why I cannot receive my approved credit if the *optional* Amazon review is not posted.
If I have no intention of posting an optional Amazon review, how can I receive my earnings?
Joule Mwendwa
Currently Reading:

Post by Joule Mwendwa »

Hannah Burke 1 wrote: 05 Aug 2023, 10:53
Please advise
Hi, thanks for the response. Although helpful, I still don’t have the answer as to why I cannot receive my approved credit if the *optional* Amazon review is not posted.
If I have no intention of posting an optional Amazon review, how can I receive my earnings?
That may be because: 1. You marked that you have submitted an amazon review, or 2. In your preference setting https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/revie ... rences.php you marked that you're eligible to leave an amazon review and have to change
Joule Mwendwa
Currently Reading:

Post by Joule Mwendwa »

Please advise
That may be because: 1. You marked that you have submitted an amazon review, or 2. In your preference setting https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/revie ... rences.php you marked that you're eligible to leave an amazon review and you have to change
Nisha DSouza
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 160
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Please advise
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. May I know what you mean by 'optional Amazon review'? Are you saying it was not a special requirement at the time you selected the book? If so, have you tried updating your Preferences to reflect that you cannot leave an Amazon review?

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Have a great day.

Thank you.
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”