Confused Newbie on Site (Resolved)

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Brenda Williams 10
Currently Reading: Tempt Me
Bookshelf Size: 7

Confused Newbie on Site (Resolved)

Post by Brenda Williams 10 »

Scott, could you please tell me just how and when a review is accepted? I just submitted my very first review ever and I can't seem to make sense of whether it was accepted or not. :?: :?: It looks like I am able to accept and review more books, but I don't know how I scored on my first review and how I scored on finding errors. I need feedback and suggestions in order to move forward with confidence. :D

Also, are we required to purchase books during a certain period for points? If so, how often and how many? I feel so lost on just how this is supposed to work. Just how do we read books that we add to our shelves? I have an Amazon Kindle Fire, but some books require Kindle Unlimited in order to read them. I am not interested in Kindle Unlimited. Is there a universal free way to read all books that are designated for review? If you can help me out on this, then I can begin to move forward with some degree of confidence. Just email me so that I can find and see your reply. I am not so good at navigating this site yet. :roll: Thanks for your help. :tiphat:
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. You can see the status of your submitted review via the history tab here: https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/revie ... istory.php

If you have any questions regarding the review you submitted, you can take a screenshot of the history tab and I'll be happy to assist you.

You do not have to purchase books for points. However, if you'd like to discuss the books of the month, you'll need to purchase at least one book of the month to join the discussion.

There are several file formats to choose from when selecting a book for review. If you do not want to purchase a book or get kindle unlimited subscription, you can update your preferred file formats via the preferences tab here: https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/revie ... rences.php

Please let me know if this answers your questions.

Thank you.
Melissa.
Official Reviewer Representative
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Brenda Williams 10
Currently Reading: Tempt Me
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Brenda Williams 10 »

Thank you, so, much! :tiphat: :D :D
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

I will mark this topic as resolved. However, if you have any questions or suggestions at anytime, or if there is anything with which we might be able to help, please do contact us. We are always happy to help! :)
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”