A little confused

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Jeffrey Conway
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

A little confused

Post by Jeffrey Conway »

Hello, name is Jeffrey and new here. I think I could enjoy doing this but can not seem to find a way to get my questions answered?

First, why do I keep getting stuck in an areas that I can't click out of?

Why does it say it is free to get these assignments, then I see Amazon will charge me a $50 fee?

It tells me that I will see the payment given after picking a book. I am new and don't expect to get the most out of my opinions, but if I pick a book and it says I would receive $5 am I stuck with that book?

I live in a high crime state and I own a thousand dollar phone and would be doing a good amount of reading on public transportation. Can I just get a hard copy of the book?

Why are there so many advertisements on the website? Makes me a little nervous.

I have read all the necessary information given to me why am I still confused and running into brick walls everywhere I look?

If I could get straight answers for questions when I have them, that would be great and very helpful.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Conway
Joule Mwendwa
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joule-mwendwa.html
Latest Review: From Doubt to Do by Kat O'Sullivan

Post by Joule Mwendwa »

Jeffrey Conway wrote: 02 Aug 2023, 20:39 Hello, name is Jeffrey and new here. I think I could enjoy doing this but can not seem to find a way to get my questions answered?

Why does it say it is free to get these assignments, then I see Amazon will charge me a $50 fee?

It tells me that I will see the payment given after picking a book. I am new and don't expect to get the most out of my opinions, but if I pick a book and it says I would receive $5 am I stuck with that book?

I live in a high crime state and I own a thousand dollar phone and would be doing a good amount of reading on public transportation. Can I just get a hard copy of the book?

I have read all the necessary information given to me why am I still confused and running into brick walls everywhere I look?

If I could get straight answers for questions when I have them, that would be great and very helpful.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Conway
Hello Jeffrey, If I understand you correctly, you are wondering why you have to buy a book on Amazon for a fee. Well, this site offers free books (pdf and epub) for reviewing, and there are also self-purchase options where you can buy the book in your own preferred format.

On your select tab, I am sure you can see columns of book title and payments you'll receive after reviewing the book. Below the book title there is a format in which the book is available, e.g., pdf, epub, kindle gift, self-purchase, etc. I would advise that you only select the one you are comfortable with. OBC does not send hard copies of books to reviewers.
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. -Nelson Mandela
Nisha DSouza
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 160
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Jeffrey Conway wrote: 02 Aug 2023, 20:39 Hello, name is Jeffrey and new here. I think I could enjoy doing this but can not seem to find a way to get my questions answered?

Thanks,

Jeffrey Conway
Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for reaching out, and welcome to Online Book Club.

If you can specify which page on the website you face a problem with, I can guide you accordingly. Regarding the Amazon fee, that is if you want to leave Amazon reviews; it is not a requirement from OBC. So, if you do not wish to do that, simply update your Preferences to reflect that you cannot leave an Amazon review.

If you select a book for review but do not like it and want to cancel the review, you can do so by selecting the 'Cannot finish' option on the Update tab: https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/revie ... update.php.

Hard copies of a book are only available if you select the self-purchase option. You can refer to this link for new members that will answer most of your questions: https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/viewt ... =3&t=83178.

I hope I have addressed all of your concerns. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Have a great day.

Thank you.
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”