What is target audience for each book review? [Resolved]

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Courtney Lesnick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-courtney-lesnick.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

What is target audience for each book review? [Resolved]

Post by Courtney Lesnick »

This is probably a dumb question, but I cannot find the answer on this site. What is the target audience for my review? Someone interested in buying the book? That's the most obvious answer, and what I assume to be true, but I wasn't sure if some reviews are meant for the author? Or the publisher? I see some of these books seem to be pre-sale, and so was not sure if we are ever meant to give feedback in how books could be improved.
Joule Mwendwa
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joule-mwendwa.html
Latest Review: From Doubt to Do by Kat O'Sullivan

Post by Joule Mwendwa »

Courtney Lesnick wrote: 03 Aug 2023, 12:05 This is probably a dumb question, but I cannot find the answer on this site. What is the target audience for my review? Someone interested in buying the book? That's the most obvious answer, and what I assume to be true, but I wasn't sure if some reviews are meant for the author? Or the publisher? I see some of these books seem to be pre-sale, and so was not sure if we are ever meant to give feedback in how books could be improved.
Hello. Target audiences include men, women, children, adults, teens, Christians, Muslims, etc. How the book could be improved depends on the negatives you find in it.
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. -Nelson Mandela
Kirsi Cultrera
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 197
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-cultrera.html
Latest Review: Remembering Stardust by C. D. Baker

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

Courtney Lesnick wrote: 03 Aug 2023, 12:05 This is probably a dumb question, but I cannot find the answer on this site. What is the target audience for my review? Someone interested in buying the book? That's the most obvious answer, and what I assume to be true, but I wasn't sure if some reviews are meant for the author? Or the publisher? I see some of these books seem to be pre-sale, and so was not sure if we are ever meant to give feedback in how books could be improved.
Hi there,

And thank you for reaching out. There are no dumb questions, it is better to ask when in doubt. I believe the authors and publishers are seeking a bit of both; feedback about their products, but also ways to sell them more. Sometimes authors seek for more private feedback; in that case they choose that the review not be published. However, there is no way for you to know that when you pick up a book for a review.

I hope this helps. Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.

Thank you, and have a good day,
Kirsi
Courtney Lesnick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-courtney-lesnick.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Courtney Lesnick »

Thanks!
Kirsi Cultrera
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 197
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-cultrera.html
Latest Review: Remembering Stardust by C. D. Baker

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

Courtney Lesnick wrote: 07 Aug 2023, 19:41 Thanks!
You are most welcome! :tiphat:

Wishing you a lovely day,
Kirsi

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”