Waiting for review scores

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Booky_BettyC
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 55482">Hex Hall</a>
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booky-bettyc.html
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel

Waiting for review scores

Post by Booky_BettyC »

Hi all. The last two books I have reviewed took a while to be scored. My last book review was put in on August 8th and not scored yet. Also the book before took around three weeks. I was wondering if there was a specific reason why it is taking longer than the time stated for them to get done. (In the FAQ it says the process is about a week) Is there something that us reviewers can do to help with the estimated time frame? I have no problem with picking a book while I wait for my score. However, the list available to me at the moment has a lot of non-fiction and romance that I do not enjoy reading. There are a couple of books in my genre but they do not appeal to me and I find that once the score is posted the availability for book selections change. I do realize that we are growing with reviewers and I am assuming that this is the cause for the waiting. I am just writing this post to see if there is a solution and any ways the we could help speed up the scoring. More editors? Less number of editors needing to edit the reviews? Thank you for reading!?
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

You can scroll to the bottom and contact a moderator or Scott, and they can look in to it for you. It's taken a little longer than expected for me before too, but they always respond pretty quickly and see what they can do.
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
Booky_BettyC
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 55482">Hex Hall</a>

Post by Booky_BettyC »

klbradley wrote:You can scroll to the bottom and contact a moderator or Scott, and they can look in to it for you. It's taken a little longer than expected for me before too, but they always respond pretty quickly and see what they can do.
Thanks?
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

The process indeed should take around a week. Try to recheck your score. It will refresh the page and update the info. If it still doesn't help, you should contact Scott about this. Good luck!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Booky_BettyC

Post by Booky_BettyC »

gali wrote:The process indeed should take around a week. Try to recheck your score. It will refresh the page and update the info. If it still doesn't help, you should contact Scott about this. Good luck!
Thanks gali. I have rechecked my score numerous times but it still hasn't changed. My hystory is still the same as well.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Booky_BettyC wrote:
gali wrote:The process indeed should take around a week. Try to recheck your score. It will refresh the page and update the info. If it still doesn't help, you should contact Scott about this. Good luck!
Thanks gali. I have rechecked my score numerous times but it still hasn't changed. My hystory is still the same as well.
You should contact Scott then, as he is the one dealing with those issues. :tiphat:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: An American in Scotland
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

If it is a paid review, keep in mind that there is an extra step of the author's approval of the ending blurb. This can delay the process if the author doesn't read and approve the review promptly. If the author doesn't complete this step within one week, you can request the approval by the admin.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”