Spooky Rating (Oct '23)

For October 2023, we will be reading Halloween/Spooky Tales books!
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Spooky Rating (Oct '23)

Post by Heidi M Simone »

What is your spooky rating, from 1-5? Do you like to be scared or do your run away quickly from things that can potentially spook you?

(1 being "I want nothing to do with spookiness or anything scary"; 5 being "I want the scariest and creepiest book/movie you can find! I want to be scared!")

:techie-studyingbrown:
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Heidi M Simone
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Heidi M Simone »

I’m around a 2 or 3 for spooky level. I don’t mind to be a little scared when it come to books and movies, but I don’t go seeking for something too scary! I would definitely have nightmares of I did!
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Angie Fernandez
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1086
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angie-fernandez.html
Latest Review: Level 1 Decodable Phonics Reader-Short Vowels by Sara Gross

Post by Angie Fernandez »

It's funny, I am about a 2 or 3 on the spooky level for movies. I do not like certain scary movies, but I like to be creeped out to a certain level. Then when it comes to books, I'm more on the 3 to 4 spooky to creepy level. Maybe because I can read in small doses as my brain can process it? I don't really know what it is, but I like some pretty mysterious, creepy books.
Heidi M Simone
Currently Reading:

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Angie Fernandez wrote: 12 Oct 2023, 20:10 It's funny, I am about a 2 or 3 on the spooky level for movies. I do not like certain scary movies, but I like to be creeped out to a certain level. Then when it comes to books, I'm more on the 3 to 4 spooky to creepy level. Maybe because I can read in small doses as my brain can process it? I don't really know what it is, but I like some pretty mysterious, creepy books.
I can see how your spooky rating for movies is different than your spooky rating of books. There's something about visually seeing something creepy and add music to it that makes me feel super uncomfortable. That's why I typically steer clear of horror movies!
Heidi

Return to “October 2023 Genre Discussion”