Overall rating and opinion of Artwords by Beatriz M. Robles

Use this forum to discuss the November 2023 Book of the Month, Artwords by Beatriz M. Robles.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=525710

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Ganeefa Karan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ganeefa-karan.html
Latest Review: Saving KC by Grinnell Desjarlais

Re: Overall rating and opinion of Artwords by Beatriz M. Robles

Post by Ganeefa Karan »

Artwords by Beatriz M. Robles artistically teases the mind of the readers and displays visual demonstrations in the form of calligram, which I find impressive; however, many readers might find the sexual implications a bit unappealing.

I consider the title to coincide with the material within; however, the rest of the cover doesn't really give a suitable indication of it.

I consider the book to convey the potential of glimpsing everyday things from different perspectives, which I believe is a good lesson that poetry demonstrates and it can be woven into many things in different ways.
Risper Ouma Anyango
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-risper-ouma-anyango.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Risper Ouma Anyango »

I loved the book and had fun reading it, especially the poems. I will, however, rate it 4 out of 5. I am deducting a star because of the story that involved Harrison and Nora, among others. I failed to get the point of that story and besides, most of the words were cut out due to the words in white shapes and the lines drawn in-between words. Besides that, the book was okay.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Slayton Natasha Tillett
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slayton-natasha-tillett.html
Latest Review: When Your Partner Dies by Millard Hiner

Post by Slayton Natasha Tillett »

I am not really into this gnere but then I was recommended by a friend to read it and I must say it was amazing and colourful read. The different elements of writing made it fun to read.
Mara Valentina
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mara-valentina.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Mara Valentina »

Artwords is an essential resource for anyone who wants to learn more about the language of art. It is a valuable tool for students, artists, and anyone who is simply interested in learning more about the world of art. In my opinion, it definitely will get a full rating from me
Ophiohonren Hiram
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Hate U Give
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ophiohonren-hiram.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Ophiohonren Hiram »

This book depicts the beauty of poetry as an art form that is seemingly underestimated.
Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-youngreader720-oluwabukunmiwilliamsoso.html
Latest Review: Swoosh! Shooting the Perfect Shot by Wajeedah Bilal

Post by Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso »

I really enjoyed the elements explored throughout the book and how well the author blended art and language. The book is a unique read. I also enjoyed the sexual undertones in the poems. It's a four out of four from me, especially considering that it was perfectly edited.
Marina Flisvou
Currently Reading: Jake Fortina and the Roman Conspiracy
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marina-flisvou.html
Latest Review: SMALL TOWN BIG CITY (When Time Stood Still) by Jeff A Lopez

Post by Marina Flisvou »

“Artwords” by Beatriz M. Robles offers an intense and captivating trip down into the realms of feeling and imagination. Robles uses each word like a hammer which nails the poem down and makes it a powerful representation of human experience. Her poems are much more than just words in a page; they create tangible, palpable sensations that pull readers into an immersive realm of contemplation and affective rapport.
Marina
Brian Otwane Obunga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brian-otwane-obunga.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond

Post by Brian Otwane Obunga »

The book tackle very well anxiety and happiness and it a lesson teaching book... So it deserves a 5 out of 5 stars, as per my opinion
Timothy Rucinski
Favorite Book: Dead Bob
Currently Reading: A Wizard of Earthsea
Bookshelf Size: 615
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-rucinski.html
Latest Review: No One Will Hear You Scream by EJ Goldberg Phillips
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 81
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Post by Timothy Rucinski »

I'm not much of a poetry reader, but this book intrigued me, and I gave it a shot. I didn't know anything about calligrams, and I certainly hadn't heard anything about redactive poetry. I found the redactive sections to be very pleasing and quite ingenious, both the words and the artwork behind them. Some of these little gems were memorable. As for the calligrams, it was fun reading them for a while. Then it got to be overkill. To me, it was more of a gimmick than a serious form of art. By the end of the book, I was tired of them, both the format and the sexual innuendo. I could read a whole book of the redactice poems, but a half dozen calligrams were enough to hold me for a while.
Celestine Apiche
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-celestine-apiche.html
Latest Review: Ituy by Taylor Willingham

Post by Celestine Apiche »

From the title itself, this book is so catchy and interesting for those poetry lovers!
Naushin Moledina
Favorite Book: The Canterville Ghost
Currently Reading: Boundaries
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naushin-moledina.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Naushin Moledina »

Thank you all the honest and insightful comments. It would be interesting to read this book. Will surely read it soon.
To hate is an easy lazy thing, but to love takes strength everyone has, but not all are willing to practice
Abbdul Razak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arazak226.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill
2024 Reading Goal: 140
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Abbdul Razak »

Beatriz M. Robles was interested of able to blend various topics of art, poems, and linguistic techniques into the book Artwords. Such an amplified ode book. Would recommend anyone interested in such a book to read. And most importantly the creativity of making texts into bags, cup items, and trees is such a renovating aspect with colors, that children will also love it.
Absolute the skies are not my limit but beyond the boundary of matter :music-listening:
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Through All Time by Jen Shaffer
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 50%

Post by Laney K »

I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars. I enjoyed seeing the unique mix of art and poetry, something that was a new experience for me. I did feel as thought the sensual descriptions were a bit overdone, which is why I took a star off. It was a neat collection to read.
Laney K
Currently Reading:

Post by Laney K »

Mara Valentina wrote: 26 Nov 2023, 16:43 Artwords is an essential resource for anyone who wants to learn more about the language of art. It is a valuable tool for students, artists, and anyone who is simply interested in learning more about the world of art. In my opinion, it definitely will get a full rating from me
I hadn't thought about how artists might find this book interesting along with those who enjoy poetry, but it would make sense.
Laney K
Currently Reading:

Post by Laney K »

Meghan Soderholm wrote: 27 Oct 2023, 13:32 Robles use of calligram captivated me the most. At first I struggled understanding redactive poetry, but after the first three redactive poems I started to get a grasp of the concept. The colors used and the poems themselves were exemplary. The book deserved nothing less than a perfect rating.
I also had a bit of a hard time with the reactive poetry. It was a little difficult to figure out what order to read things in at first. However, it was neat to learn how to read them and they were quite creative.

Return to “Discuss "Artwords" by Beatriz M. Robles”