Overall rating and opinion of Artwords by Beatriz M. Robles

Use this forum to discuss the November 2023 Book of the Month, Artwords by Beatriz M. Robles.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=525710

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Overall rating and opinion of Artwords by Beatriz M. Robles

Post by Melisa Jane »

This is a discussion topic for the November 2023 Book of the Month, Artwords by Beatriz M. Robles

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like the least? What did you think of the writing style? What genre is the book? What genres are woven into the text? What did you think of the cover and title? What was the greatest lesson you learned from the book? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on the Bookshelf.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Ram Uday Mahajan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-uday-mahajan.html
Latest Review: The Glorious Beast! by Scott L.Chally

Post by Ram Uday Mahajan »

"Artwords" by Beatriz M. Robles, our November 2023 Book of the Month, is a captivating exploration of art and language. I admire the author's unique perspective on the topic, as well as her ability to seamlessly blend art and words. The writing style is engaging and thought-provoking. While I appreciate the content, the book's cover and title could have been more eye-catching and representative of the content. This interdisciplinary work blurs the lines between genres, incorporating elements of art history, linguistics, and creative non-fiction. The greatest lesson I learned from the book is the power of language to enhance our understanding of art. I would definitely recommend this book to others, especially those interested in the intersection of art and language, as it offers a fresh and insightful perspective on the subject.
Rupali Mishra
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Tour of Duty
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rupali-mishra.html
Latest Review: The Adventurers of Uncle Billy & Ross by Solon Phillips, Esq.

Post by Rupali Mishra »

Two strategies for poetry are masterfully demonstrated by Beatriz M. Robles. Poetry that was Found and Calligram It is quite imaginative, inventive, and amazing how you can find words in existing works to write the poem for you. In Artwords, Calligram skillfully demonstrated her use of words to create images and visuals, a technique inspired by commonplace items, as Robles does. Interesting book to try.
Kebun Bunga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kebun-bunga.html
Latest Review: Telling Your Story, Developing Your Brand by Henry Wong

Post by Kebun Bunga »

Beatriz M. Robles skillfully blends various genres, blurring the lines between art history, linguistics, and creative nonfiction. This interdisciplinary approach adds depth and diversity to the narrative, making it an enjoyable and enlightening read. Beatriz M. Robles' book offers a fresh perspective and a wealth of insights that will enrich your understanding of both art and words.
Sincerely,
Sondang :tiphat:
RJ Reviews
Currently Reading: Weep For Love
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rj-reviews.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
Reading Device: 1400697484
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 104%

Post by RJ Reviews »

"Artwords" amalgamates quite a few genres and successfully produces a book that captivates. I found the cover to be interesting and unique, the title attention grabbing. The content aptly justified the title - images and visuals are interrelated to words. The author did an amazing job of blending art with word and this aspect alone makes it a recommendable book.
"The gods grow jealous of too much contentment anywhere, and they show their displeasure all of a sudden.” - R. K. Narayan, Maldudi Days
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Smartest Person in the Room
Currently Reading: Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 10605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-soderholm.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Meghan Soderholm »

Robles use of calligram captivated me the most. At first I struggled understanding redactive poetry, but after the first three redactive poems I started to get a grasp of the concept. The colors used and the poems themselves were exemplary. The book deserved nothing less than a perfect rating.
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Smartest Person in the Room
Currently Reading: Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 10605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-soderholm.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Meghan Soderholm »

Kebun Bunga wrote: 27 Oct 2023, 04:06 Beatriz M. Robles skillfully blends various genres, blurring the lines between art history, linguistics, and creative nonfiction. This interdisciplinary approach adds depth and diversity to the narrative, making it an enjoyable and enlightening read. Beatriz M. Robles' book offers a fresh perspective and a wealth of insights that will enrich your understanding of both art and words.
Kebun, I appreciated how you mentioned that some of the poems blurred the lines of art history, linguistics, and creative nonfiction. It shows that the author dug deep in her inspiration showing tenacity and enlightenment.
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
Anil G
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-g.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Anil G »

I wonder how the author uses the calligram and made it a picture of an object putting meaning into it. I'll enjoy exploring this amazing artwork of the author in her book Artwords.
A great author communicates to readers through books. - Anil Gupta
Carlos Mata Saenz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carlos-mata-saenz.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Carlos Mata Saenz »

It really looks like a book which deserve an opportunity. I was looking for my next reading and, definitely, I'm intrigued about this one so I will probably read it soon. Thank all you for your comments!
Stephen Christopher 1
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Snow That Never Fell
Bookshelf Size: 139
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: Photofinish by Cheryl Kerr
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 48%

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

This style of book is very subjective. I love the concept; it's unique, and it's what inspired me to buy the book. I did find some of the poems a little too sexual in nature, but I did get the joke after reading a few. It's hard to rate the book without taking personal opinions away. I mean, the style, the concept, and the excellent proofreading should mean it's a 4/4 star book. But I need to take a star away as there were some that I gave up reading either due to the sexual connotations or my lack of understanding.
Nancy004
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancy004.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nancy004 »

"Artwords" by Beatriz M. Robles, innovatively delves into the combination of art and language. Robles' talent for uniting art and language enhances our comprehension of both. Great read📚
Anuja Mandavkar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Artwords
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anuja-mandavkar.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by Anuja Mandavkar »

"Having just finished 'Artwords' by Beatriz M. Robles, our November 2023 Book of the Month, I found it to be a fascinating exploration of the relationship between art and language. What I liked most about it was the author's ability to seamlessly blend these two worlds, offering a fresh perspective on the subject. The writing style was engaging and thought-provoking, making it an enjoyable read.

While I appreciated the content, I couldn't help but feel that the book's cover and title could have been more representative and eye-catching. As for the genre, 'Artwords' defies easy categorization, intertwining elements of art history, linguistics, and creative non-fiction.

The most valuable lesson I took away from this book was the profound impact that language can have on our understanding of art. It made me appreciate the intricate relationship between the two in a whole new way.

In conclusion, I would highly recommend 'Artwords' to fellow readers, especially to those intrigued by the interplay of art and language. It offers a unique and insightful perspective that's well worth exploring.
Egenti Ignatius Chimaobi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-egenti-ignatius-chimaobi.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Egenti Ignatius Chimaobi »

Very well written book in my honest opinion. It brings the world of art and language together. The poems are simply delightful and this makes for such great reading experience.
Dana Youngblood
Currently Reading: All You'll Never Be: Because of Who You Are
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dana-youngblood.html
Latest Review: A Long Ago place by Donna Betten
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 54%

Post by Dana Youngblood »

I really liked this book. I gave it a 4 out 5 rating in my review. I liked that there was art mixed into the poetry and that she used three different styles of poetry- calligram, redactive, and photographs. The majority of the poems had a sexual undertone to them. At first, this really threw me off, but once I realized this was just how she writes, I found that I liked the poems. She uses different shapes to bring up different topics and show the artistic side of these poems. The content felt light and easy to me with just a few that seemed to have more of a deeper meaning. I liked her poems about nature, clouds, and having a guide in life. I liked the cover and felt the title was perfect for what the book was about. I would recommend this book to people interested in poetry and art.
Kutloano Makhuvhela
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kutloano-makhuvhela.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Post by Kutloano Makhuvhela »

For a person who is not into the poetry, the art was the highlight for me. I would rate it four out of five. And I would definitely recommend it to any one who is into that type of writing.

Return to “Discuss "Artwords" by Beatriz M. Robles”