Who would you recommend this book to? Why?

Use this forum to discuss the November 2023 Book of the Month, Artwords by Beatriz M. Robles.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=525710

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Olive joy1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olive-joy1.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Re: Who would you recommend this book to? Why?

Post by Olive joy1 »

I would also suggest this book to a previous incarnation of myself. When I was younger, I was really interested painting and drawing. I would lose myself in my sketches and ignore everything else.
Sav Sparkman
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 91%

Post by Sav Sparkman »

I would recommend this book to adult readers, or possibly high school aged students. It is definitely intended for more mature audiences with the innuendos. I would also encourage anyone who enjoys visual imagery incorporated into poetry to give it a read. It is a very visually engaging book.
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” —Helen Keller
Mari Thompson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mari-thompson.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Mari Thompson »

I would only recommend this book to an audience of mature adults 18 and up because of the obscure hidden meanings of the poetry. It would make a great coffee table book in adult households or to give as a gift to close family or friends that would appreciate it.
Azuka Christian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-christian.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Christian »

I would recommend the book to lovers of poetry. It would be interesting to those fans of book depicting art.
Dianë Godwill
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dian-godwill.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Dianë Godwill »

I think I would recommend the book to my sister. She has a degree in graphic design and she would be interested in books like this.
Runan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-runan.html
Latest Review: A World Diverse III by David Edmond
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 155%

Post by Runan »

I will recommend this book to my cousin. She enjoys art and appreciates art. I would like to know her opinion of the book as well.
Runan
Dem Dem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dem-dem.html
Latest Review: American Fools Day by Anthony Kishko

Post by Dem Dem »

I would recommend this book to a dearest friend of mine. She's kinda weird and sad but is great at art. I love her drawings and the stuff she does. I'm a 100% sure that I'd support her no matter what.
Ije Bons
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ije-bons.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Ije Bons »

I would recommend this book to all students of art. It is a masterpiece that deserves to be read by art students worldwide.
Jacy Covers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacy-covers.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Jacy Covers »

I would recommend this book to an old friend of mine that was always a good artist but society told him not to chase his dreams.
Chinedum Chijioke
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedum-chijioke.html
Latest Review: Healthy Home Cooked Food for Your Dog by Denise Adamson

Post by Chinedum Chijioke »

I would recommend this book to anyone interested in exploring the language of art or who enjoys creatively written books.
Owuamanam Eberechukwu
Currently Reading: All will be revealed
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-owuamanam-eberechukwu.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by Owuamanam Eberechukwu »

Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis wrote: 10 Nov 2023, 14:00 I would recommend this book to a friend of mine who has a master's degree in Art. She has been an art teacher for probably over 40 years. I am pretty sure that she would appreciate the calligrams and the redactive poetry.

Yeah, I think the Calligrams are really nice. Not so sure about the redactive poetry but I am sure the books approach to Art is innovative.
"I am learning every day to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me."
Tracee Ellis Ross
Owuamanam Eberechukwu

Olive joy1 wrote: 10 Feb 2024, 00:36 I would also suggest this book to a previous incarnation of myself. When I was younger, I was really interested painting and drawing. I would lose myself in my sketches and ignore everything else.
Previous Incarnation is funny, but I totally understand how painting as your lads were amazing. Most times my paintings are a reflection of my thoughts and wishes. It’s beautiful memory.
"I am learning every day to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me."
Tracee Ellis Ross
Owuamanam Eberechukwu

Jacy Covers wrote: 20 Mar 2024, 13:00 I would recommend this book to an old friend of mine that was always a good artist but society told him not to chase his dreams.
I hope he is happy in whatever he or she is doing right now. Life can hit us in various ways. I hope he is able to read Artwords and find inspiration.
Tracee Ellis Ross
Seval Duygu Ozler
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Anatomy of Revenge
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seval-duygu-ozler.html
Latest Review: Catch a Falling Star by Keith Julius
fav_author_id: 2484
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 27%

Post by Seval Duygu Ozler »

I recommend this book to anyone who wants to learn more about art and creativity. It is a great resource, especially for teachers to share with their students.

Return to “Discuss "Artwords" by Beatriz M. Robles”