What did you like least about this book?

Use this forum to discuss the November 2023 Book of the Month, Artwords by Beatriz M. Robles.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=525710

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

This is a discussion topic for the November 2023 Book of the Month, Artwords by Beatriz M. Robles

Attachments
17 (1).jpg
17 (1).jpg (3.42 MiB) Viewed 995 times
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Abbdul Razak
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arazak226.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill
2024 Reading Goal: 140
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Abbdul Razak »

The act of linking the words together with the art. Imaginary thought and creativity are put together for the visuals to be eye-catching
Absolute the skies are not my limit but beyond the boundary of matter :music-listening:
Timothy Rucinski
Favorite Book: Dead Bob
Currently Reading: Pale Fire
Bookshelf Size: 613
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-rucinski.html
Latest Review: No One Will Hear You Scream by EJ Goldberg Phillips
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 81
2024 Goal Completion: 33%

Post by Timothy Rucinski »

What I liked least was trying to read this book in digital form. This book would be better enjoyed in a hardcover format rather than digitally. Reading the text on my Kindle app was extremely difficult, as I had to enlarge each page to read the text. I recommend that anyone interested in this book sample a few pages first. Then, if you like what you see, order a hard copy.
Damian Keyes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damian-keyes.html
Latest Review: The Complete Guide To Gym Exercise by PRT Endeavors
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Damian Keyes »

What I disliked about the book was in the Kindle version, some of the words were cut off. Plus, certain styles of the poems were hard to follow.
Sav Sparkman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 91%

Post by Sav Sparkman »

Timothy Rucinski wrote: 05 Jan 2024, 17:41 What I liked least was trying to read this book in digital form. This book would be better enjoyed in a hardcover format rather than digitally. Reading the text on my Kindle app was extremely difficult, as I had to enlarge each page to read the text. I recommend that anyone interested in this book sample a few pages first. Then, if you like what you see, order a hard copy.
I agree! The eBook version was very difficult to read, and I think the visuals might’ve looked better in a physical copy.

Something else I wasn’t a huge fan of is the formatting of some of the poems, like the refractive poetry, made them hard to read in general. It didn’t feel like it was intentionally puzzling, it was just sort of scattered which forced me to have to reread several of them to figure out the word order.
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” —Helen Keller

Return to “Discuss "Artwords" by Beatriz M. Robles”