Which type of poem did you like best?

Use this forum to discuss the November 2023 Book of the Month, Artwords by Beatriz M. Robles.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=525710

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Kathy Smith 16
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kathy-smith-16.html
Latest Review: FLAIL (Published on Amazon) by Peter Anthony Fitzgerald

Icon Which type of poem did you like best?

Post by Kathy Smith 16 »

Of the three types, I personally enjoyed the calligrams the most because of the effort needed to take the poem and contort it visually to create the image.
Marina Flisvou
Currently Reading: Jake Fortina and the Roman Conspiracy
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marina-flisvou.html
Latest Review: Voices of the Basque Signet by GalaGabirondo

Post by Marina Flisvou »

‘Spring Love’ touched me the most. Especially because springtime has always been associated with fresh starts and promising romance. It has all this potential to capture the very beginnings of what love is composed off, the beginning with promise and beauty. The innocence of the new love that comes with spring is just as fresh as the freshness of the spring itself and has not been tainted by previous affairs.
Marina
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Apples Never Fall
Bookshelf Size: 560
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Heidi M Simone »

I definitely enjoyed the calligrams the best too. I liked “In Unison” and “Utmost Care”. I love both the messages and the style of each of these.
"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Conshelle Dwight William
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-conshelle-dwight-william.html
Latest Review: The Receptionist by Marie-Paul Corelli

Post by Conshelle Dwight William »

I think the calligrams were what I enjoyed the most!
Celestine Apiche
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-celestine-apiche.html
Latest Review: Ituy by Taylor Willingham

Post by Celestine Apiche »

The calligrams were absolutely thee best. Calligrams hold significance in both visual art and literature. They combine text and imagery, creating a unique fusion that enhances the overall expression of a message. This form allows for a deeper connection between the content and the audience, engaging viewers in a more interactive and memorable way.
Timothy Rucinski
Favorite Book: Dead Bob
Currently Reading: Pale Fire
Bookshelf Size: 614
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-rucinski.html
Latest Review: No One Will Hear You Scream by EJ Goldberg Phillips
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 81
2024 Goal Completion: 33%

Post by Timothy Rucinski »

I enjoyed the redactive poetry the most. The calligrams were well done, but being able to derive the little gems of poetry from the existing literary texts was unique. Unlike the calligrams, i could read these small poems over and over again.
Sav Sparkman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sav-sparkman.html
Latest Review: In DeLorean's Shadow by Stephen Lee Arrington
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 91%

Post by Sav Sparkman »

My favorites were the Photographed poems. I liked how she used the forms of the objects as bases for the poems, both literally and figuratively. She arranged many of the pieces in an interesting way as well so it was engaging to look at. These were the poems with the most double entendre and I found them to be some of the more entertaining ones.
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” —Helen Keller
Mari Thompson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mari-thompson.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Mari Thompson »

I like the calligrams mixed with the redactive poetry. An example is “The Bigger the Better.” It was a calligram in the fact that the poem itself was the shape of the object that the poem was talking about (a ring). It was also a redactive poem because of the fact that the poem had a hidden obscure meaning of not only a ring but another adult thing.
Alicia Tickler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alicia-tickler.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Alicia Tickler »

Timothy Rucinski wrote: 28 Dec 2023, 18:22 I enjoyed the redactive poetry the most. The calligrams were well done, but being able to derive the little gems of poetry from the existing literary texts was unique. Unlike the calligrams, i could read these small poems over and over again.
I completely agree! I think the redactive poetry is incredibly creative and shows a unique perspective on viewing the work of others.
Alicia Tickler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alicia-tickler.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Alicia Tickler »

Timothy Rucinski wrote: 28 Dec 2023, 18:22 I enjoyed the redactive poetry the most. The calligrams were well done, but being able to derive the little gems of poetry from the existing literary texts was unique. Unlike the calligrams, i could read these small poems over and over again.
I completely agree! I think the redactive poetry is incredibly creative and shows a unique perspective on viewing the work of others.

Return to “Discuss "Artwords" by Beatriz M. Robles”