"Life is not meant to be lived alone." Do you agree with this statement as explained in Chapter six of this book?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2023 Book of the Month, "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=595181

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Emeka JohnObi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-johnobi.html
Latest Review: Impromptu by Reid Hoffman

Re: "Life is not meant to be lived alone." Do you agree with this statement as explained in Chapter six of this book?

Post by Emeka JohnObi »

I agree to this narrative. We thrive on connection and interaction. Sharing experiences, emotions, and ideas with others brings joy, support, and a sense of belonging.
Jeevanesh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeevanesh.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Jeevanesh »

People by nature are social being. We earn for love, recognition, touch and human presence. We need someone to share our happiness with, we need someone to share our sorrows with. So yes, I do agree with the statement.
Anu Jikku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-jikku.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Anu Jikku »

:) :) :) :) Life is a journey of experiences that enrich our lives when we share them with our near and dear ones. Living in solitude without those kinds of interactions would mean that our experiences are never heard or witnessed. In my opinion, living on an island will diminish the value of our existence and provide no scope for individual growth or thriving through interpersonal relationships.
Wild tales of an intrepid, curly mom!

Yours truly,
SomewhatMom
Jenna Padayachee
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenna-padayachee.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross
Signature Addition: Jenna Padayachee

Post by Jenna Padayachee »

I believe that life is meant to be in balance when it comes to relationships.

I don't agree with the statement " Life is meant to be lived alone", particularly,
as I feel it can be perhaps misinterpreted,
however upon reading the book,
I did come to understand that the relationships referred to are healthy relationships that nurture our being and growth. There is great clarity of this specifically on pages 169/170:

"The people around you will either drain or invigorate you. Those who provide encouragement and wise counsel are invaluable to your health and well-being. Those who are negative, critical and constantly exasperating must be kept at bay. This is where boundaries come into play. Boundaries designate property lines. It’s your responsibility to maintain your own emotional backyard. Like a fence separates your yard from others and establishes boundaries, you must erect emotional boundaries to keep trespassers out. Don’t let negative people and naysayers dump their emotional garbage in your backyard. That’s why there is a gate in the fence. A gate allows good things to come in and keeps bad things out. Close the gate on those who would rob you of hope. Open it to those who prove themselves to be good neighbors. Be careful to neither become isolated nor codependent. Cultivate healthy relationships by connecting appropriately with those who are life-givers. Surround yourself with balcony people who will lift you up when you are feeling down."

These pages, I 100 percent agree with. The most important thing for me, in terms of my own life experience, was learning to be assertive and managing my backyard of emotions. My misinterpretation of the terms love, kindness, tolerance, and humanity were the very aspects that resulted in me having a messy backyard that I would sometimes have meltdowns in, then go on guilt trips on ( inviting more trouble in the name of love), until I realized that some solitude is great. I learned to understand who I am in my solitude and then ( very challengingly), began ( and I still am in the process), assertively and lovingly exiting the trespassers ( who appear in sheep's clothing). I have also realized those within my boundaries are truly a handful of 💎 gems. Maintaining this boundary line is a routine exercise, whereby balance here is so key, as well as the wisdom of differentiation.
"Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power." Lao Tzu
Jenna Padayachee
Princewill Uchenna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-princewill-uchenna.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Princewill Uchenna »

I'm in a state of boredom and recession. Don't know what to do. Nothing excites me at this moment of my life. People and everything. I'm down and unhappy.
Donaldo cris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donaldo-cris.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by Donaldo cris »

If we select the right person to accompany us throughout our lives, then life isn't meant to be lived alone. However, if we pick the wrong person, it's better to live alone than in a toxic relationship.
Puckett Elizabeth Marie
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-puckett-elizabeth-marie.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Puckett Elizabeth Marie »

I love this statement. Having the right partner and also friends to share your happiness is the best feeling ever. It also gives one a sense of belonging.
Giridhar Achary
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giridhar-achary.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Giridhar Achary »

Yes, I agree with the statement as explained in Chapter 6 of this book: "Life is not meant to be lived alone." If you are alone, it leads to stress, being helpless, or feeling stuck somewhere.
Parth Krishna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-parth-krishna.html
Latest Review: Roan by E. R. Barr
2024 Reading Goal: 200
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Parth Krishna »

Yes, I agree with the sentence "Life is not meant to be lived alone." because it is not meant to be born and die; there must be a purpose to life that is not meaningful alone. If you want to find the purpose of life, just don't be alone.
Latest Review: Roan by E. R. Barr
Nancy004
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancy004.html
Latest Review: A third is darkness by Murray Bailey

Post by Nancy004 »

Totally! Life is not meant to be lived alone. It's all about the importance of connections and relationships. We're wired to thrive when we have people around us—friends, family, partners. Sharing life's ups and downs with others brings happiness and support. This chapter reminds us that we're stronger and happier when we have meaningful connections in our lives.
Victory Stone
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-stone.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Victory Stone »

I totally agree with the author. People need someone that they share their life journey with, this other person can be the happiness in the person's life.
Miracle Kingss
Currently Reading: Delightful Hands
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miracle-kingss.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Miracle Kingss »

Yes, man is a social creature. Without parents, family, friends, acquaintances, and life partners, I do not believe any human being can function properly.
Ludovica Peruzzi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ludovica-peruzzi.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson

Post by Ludovica Peruzzi »

I think the greatest joys of life are meant to be shared with other people. I'm quite comfortable being by myself, and I don't mind being alone at all, but my happiest moments always involve enjoying myself around the people I love. I tend to forget that sometimes, but truly - as much as you may love your loneliness, those are the moments that will make you love life more.
Lisa P Cowling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-p-cowling.html
Latest Review: The one that kills you by Rick Rothermel

Post by Lisa P Cowling »

I certainly agree with this statement. I cannot say the same for everyone, but having someone in your corner at all times is good. Having someone to share with when you are down or to celebrate with when there are improvements is always helpful.
Jim Zosson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jim-zosson.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Jim Zosson »

Yes, I absolutely agree with this statement. Life is meant to be shared with others. No man can survive alone.

Return to “Discuss "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross”