Overall rating and opinion of Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross

Use this forum to discuss the December 2023 Book of the Month, "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=595181

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Sakshi Singh1
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 116
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sakshi-singh1.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Re: Overall rating and opinion of Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Sakshi Singh1 »

I have recently completed reading this book and rate it 5 stars. The reason for this is that this book investigates hope as a dynamic force, encouraging readers to actively participate in effecting good change. This book is a sympathetic story that questions the conventional definition of success. The emphasis on inner tranquilly and mental power over material belongings brings a new dimension to the conversation.
Osakwe Favour
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osakwe-favour.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Osakwe Favour »

From the reviews I have seen about this book, I can tell that it is aself-help book that offers practical insights into managing anxiety and finding hope in life. It combines personal anecdotes, psychological principles, and actionable strategies to guide readers toward a more positive and fulfilling life.
Celestine Miani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-celestine-miani.html
Latest Review: Immigrant Hustle by Amine Rahal

Post by Celestine Miani »

Certainly, it seems like the book leans towards providing information rather than inspiration. The author's writing style appears to be explanatory, focusing on conveying facts and details rather than aiming to motivate or inspire the reader.
John Owen
Currently Reading: Baggage
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-owen.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 123%

Post by John Owen »

I finished reading this book just before new year, and I can say it's quite insightful and informative. I appreciate the author's solid content and I think it deserves 5/5 .
Harmony in chaos. It's all a matter of perspective.
Brightone Tonny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brightone-tonny.html
Latest Review: Tour of Duty by William H. Coles

Post by Brightone Tonny »

In delving deeper into the book, one can observe that the primary focus lies in conveying factual details and insights rather than aiming to motivate or inspire the reader. The author's explicative approach becomes evident through a systematic presentation of information, utilizing a clear and straightforward writing style to enhance reader comprehension. This choice of an explanational tone suggests a commitment to providing a comprehensive understanding of the subject matter, favoring clarity and knowledge transfer over evoking emotional or motivational responses.
Chidinma Dijeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chidinma-dijeh.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Post by Chidinma Dijeh »

The book offers valuable insights into managing anxiety and cultivating a positive outlook. Dr. Randy Ross provides practical advice backed by psychological principles, making the book accessible and actionable. The writing is clear and engaging, making complex topics easy to understand. I will give it a full rating.
Jane Honda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: Inspirational Love by Vernon John Sinnott

Post by Jane Honda »

I would give it a five star this is because the book delivers on it main theme through the author use of a very comprehensible writing style.
Orebo Junior Nyakwar Jabilo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orebo-junior-nyakwar-jabilo.html
Latest Review: The 13th of Summer by Charlene Pratt

Post by Orebo Junior Nyakwar Jabilo »

The book predominantly falls within the realm of providing information rather than serving as a source of inspiration. The author employs an explanatory writing style, delving into details and elucidating concepts to convey a clear understanding of the subject matter.
Ram Uday Mahajan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-uday-mahajan.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Ram Uday Mahajan »

"Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross is a transformative read, earning my 5-star rating. Profound insights into anxiety and depression, coupled with practical strategies for hope, make it invaluable. The diverse metaphors and Viktor Frankl references enhance its impact. Highly recommend for anyone navigating dark times.
Ram Uday Mahajan
Currently Reading:

Gerry Steen wrote: 08 Dec 2023, 10:15 This is a perfect book to read if you are in dark times. It is inspirational and relevant. It inspires you to reflect upon your core values and harness their power. By showing you that hope is not a nebulous term that waits for an expectation to happen but a dynamic term that requires action by the person who is hoping, it spurs you into managing your depressing or anxiety-provoking situation. It is relevant because people must deal with tragedies throughout their lives.

I enjoyed the references to the wisdom in Viktor Frankl's writings. Frankl was a Holocaust survivor. He emphasized that in the face of extreme tragedy and suffering one ultimately has the power to choose how one will react to it while preserving their dignity. For example, while enduring the torture and inhumanity of the concentration camp and the separation from his wife, he chose to focus on his love for his wife and his memories of her. He also decided to help and encourage other people who were suffering.

I also enjoyed the use of many different metaphors to illustrate the dynamic workings of hope. There is an appealing metaphor for every mind in the book. The worst hell on earth will not destroy the lifelong process of using dynamic hope to deal with one's tragedies. This in turn creates happiness: Fireproof Happiness. Get it?! LOL
Your insightful commentary beautifully captures the profound impact of this book during challenging times. The emphasis on active hope, rooted in Viktor Frankl's wisdom, resonates powerfully. The clever use of metaphors adds depth, making "Fireproof Happiness" a truly inspiring and relevant read.
Ram Uday Mahajan
Currently Reading:

NetMassimo wrote: 07 Dec 2023, 15:51 I finished the book and overall, my opinion is good but I don't think it's perfect.
You can say it offers a sort of strategy to create your future but it's a bit lacking from a tactical point of view. It points to more resources on the author's website and some of them are courses you have to pay. That's fair but it limits the book's scope.
Under a purely subjective point of view, some bits go into religion with faith-based considerations that are useless to me, as I'm not religious.
To me, the book's merits far overweigh its flaws and the editing is great (honestly, I didn't pay as much attention to errors as I do when I'm reading a book to write a review, still, I found no errors), so I rate it 4 out of 5 stars.
It's insightful to hear your perspective on the book. Your balanced evaluation, highlighting strategic insights for creating the future but noting tactical gaps, along with a fair critique of paid resources and religious aspects, offers a nuanced view. Your positive rating of 4 stars is well-considered.
Martina Sette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-sette.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 136%

Post by Martina Sette »

This book looks like an empowering read. Eager to dive into the blend of personal stories and practical wisdom for a happier life! Can't wait to read it.
Martina Sette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-sette.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer
2024 Goal Completion: 136%

Post by Martina Sette »

This book looks like an empowering read. Eager to dive into the blend of personal stories and practical wisdom for a happier life! Can't wait to read it.
Smrithi Arun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smrithi-arun.html
Latest Review: Derrick of Death by Malvina Lerma
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by Smrithi Arun »

This book has been on my TBR for a while now and after seeing everyone’s comments I believe I need to get to it sooner!
Reading is dreaming with open eyes
Slayton Natasha Tillett
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slayton-natasha-tillett.html
Latest Review: When Your Partner Dies by Millard Hiner

Post by Slayton Natasha Tillett »

Owing to how practical and realistic the content of this book was I would give it a five star. The main theme was thoroughly explained.

Return to “Discuss "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross”