Overall rating and opinion of Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross

Use this forum to discuss the December 2023 Book of the Month, "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=595181

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Overall rating and opinion of Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Melisa Jane »

This is a discussion topic for the December 2023 Book of the Month, "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like the least? What did you think of the writing style? What genre is the book? What genres are woven into the text? What did you think of the cover and title? What was the greatest lesson you learned from the book? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on the Bookshelf.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Jenipher Owino
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenipher-owino.html
Latest Review: Higher Connections by Eric Right and Alexandra Right

Post by Jenipher Owino »

I will rate this book 5 out of 5 stars though i haven't finished reading but its an amazing book that you can't let it down and also i must mention that the book is professionally written and the skills are incredible
Oleabhiele Joseph
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oleabhiele-joseph.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Oleabhiele Joseph »

I haven’t read it completely, so I don’t have a final decision yet. From where I stand as at now, I think it’s selling up to be a four out of five stars. The language, some which are complex, somewhat narrows its target audience. It had an insightful and compelling tone to all the lessons I’ve learn however, and that’s a big plus.
“You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” Marcus Aurelius, Emperor of Rome, 161 AD -180 AD
sanjeev maurya
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: In It Together
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanjeev-maurya.html
Latest Review: Fresh Beginnings by Leela Dutt

Post by sanjeev maurya »

This book is profound; I gave it a 5-star rating. I have anxiety disorder and suffer from depression, so this helped me understand a lot about myself in ways I wasn't able to figure out myself.
The topic, concept, or idea of hope is discussed in such great detail that it feels weird to say that the author gave me a new perspective on seeing it.
sanjeev maurya
Currently Reading: In It Together
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanjeev-maurya.html
Latest Review: Fresh Beginnings by Leela Dutt

Post by sanjeev maurya »

This book is profound; I gave it a 5-star rating. I have anxiety disorder and suffer from depression, so this helped me understand a lot about myself in ways I wasn't able to figure out myself.
The topic, concept, or idea of hope is discussed in such great detail that it feels weird to say that the author gave me a new perspective on seeing it.
Ika Apro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: Always Losing Something by Max Green

Post by Ika Apro »

I think it is more of an informational book that inspirational. The author's writing style is explanational.
Melody Otieno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melody-otieno.html
Latest Review: Ain’t She Pretty by Barry J Kughn

Post by Melody Otieno »

This book deserves a higher rating because to be true this book made me learn more about life.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Writing for the Vialins
Bookshelf Size: 433
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 45%

Post by NetMassimo »

I finished the book and overall, my opinion is good but I don't think it's perfect.
You can say it offers a sort of strategy to create your future but it's a bit lacking from a tactical point of view. It points to more resources on the author's website and some of them are courses you have to pay. That's fair but it limits the book's scope.
Under a purely subjective point of view, some bits go into religion with faith-based considerations that are useless to me, as I'm not religious.
To me, the book's merits far overweigh its flaws and the editing is great (honestly, I didn't pay as much attention to errors as I do when I'm reading a book to write a review, still, I found no errors), so I rate it 4 out of 5 stars.
Ciao :)
Massimo
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 187
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Gerry Steen »

This is a perfect book to read if you are in dark times. It is inspirational and relevant. It inspires you to reflect upon your core values and harness their power. By showing you that hope is not a nebulous term that waits for an expectation to happen but a dynamic term that requires action by the person who is hoping, it spurs you into managing your depressing or anxiety-provoking situation. It is relevant because people must deal with tragedies throughout their lives.

I enjoyed the references to the wisdom in Viktor Frankl's writings. Frankl was a Holocaust survivor. He emphasized that in the face of extreme tragedy and suffering one ultimately has the power to choose how one will react to it while preserving their dignity. For example, while enduring the torture and inhumanity of the concentration camp and the separation from his wife, he chose to focus on his love for his wife and his memories of her. He also decided to help and encourage other people who were suffering.

I also enjoyed the use of many different metaphors to illustrate the dynamic workings of hope. There is an appealing metaphor for every mind in the book. The worst hell on earth will not destroy the lifelong process of using dynamic hope to deal with one's tragedies. This in turn creates happiness: Fireproof Happiness. Get it?! LOL
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 187
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Gerry Steen »

Gerry Steen wrote: 08 Dec 2023, 10:15 This is a perfect book to read if you are in dark times. It is inspirational and relevant. It inspires you to reflect upon your core values and harness their power. By showing you that hope is not a nebulous term that waits for an expectation to happen but a dynamic term that requires action by the person who is hoping, it spurs you into managing your depressing or anxiety-provoking situation. It is relevant because people must deal with tragedies throughout their lives.

I enjoyed the references to the wisdom in Viktor Frankl's writings. Frankl was a Holocaust survivor. He emphasized that in the face of extreme tragedy and suffering one ultimately has the power to choose how one will react to it while preserving their dignity. For example, while enduring the torture and inhumanity of the concentration camp and the separation from his wife, he chose to focus on his love for his wife and his memories of her. He also decided to help and encourage other people who were suffering.

I also enjoyed the use of many different metaphors to illustrate the dynamic workings of hope. There is an appealing metaphor for every mind in the book. The worst hell on earth will not destroy the lifelong process of using dynamic hope to deal with one's tragedies. This in turn creates happiness: Fireproof Happiness. Get it?! LOL
I gave this book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars.
Kutloano Makhuvhela
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kutloano-makhuvhela.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Post by Kutloano Makhuvhela »

I enjoyed reading it, and I would gladly rate it five out of five stars. I think the subject matter was very imperative to be read by everyone. The author's penmanship, writing about sensitive topic like this was commendable.
Abiodunakinola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Abiodunakinola »

This is a self-help book that contains a lot of lessons for anyone struggling to get their life in order or fighting anxiety. The author's writing style is conversational and easy to understand. I would give it a five-star rating.
Ceejay Hernaez
Currently Reading: The Inmate
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ceejay-hernaez.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Ceejay Hernaez »

I haven't finished it yet, but so far, I think the author has done a good job of showing every aspect there is about hope. I love the way he discussed the difference between hope and wish. I never thought there was a difference between the two until this book. It's a good read, and I find myself agreeing with most of the points discussed in the book. I was recently diagnosed with mild clinical depression, and this book helped me view my problems differently. It opened my eyes and made me more hopeful for the future. I'm looking forward on reading the rest of the book becasue so far, its very helpful for me.
Kigen Valarie
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Amy K Collier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kigen-valarie.html
Latest Review: I Wonder Why It's Christmas by Esther Ekunola
fav_author_id: 281506
2024 Reading Goal: 240
2024 Goal Completion: 11%

Post by Kigen Valarie »

A 5 out of 5. Amazing presentation of ideas and narration style. Could ease up on the business though. The timing for the book is perfect and it's great that though written during the pandemic applies to all types of hardship.
Life will go whichever way. Changing it is up to a very powerful force :|
Nguavese Abeva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nguavese-abeva.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nguavese Abeva »

I found the reading experience enjoyable, and I would readily give it a five-star rating. The subject matter felt highly important and something that should be accessible to everyone. The author's skillful writing on such a sensitive topic is commendable.

Return to “Discuss "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross”