Overall rating and opinion of Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross

Use this forum to discuss the December 2023 Book of the Month, "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=595181

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Saima Rahman
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saima-rahman.html
Latest Review: The Contraption by Barton Allen Stewart

Re: Overall rating and opinion of Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Saima Rahman »

The book is easily 5 out of 5 stars. The power of optimism resonated with me and stayed with me throughout the book. I really enjoyed the author's style of writing. The blend of real life experiences are always a good addition.
Surekha Krishnakumar
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Dan Brown
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surekha-krishnakumar.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross
fav_author_id: 2452

Post by Surekha Krishnakumar »

I would give this book a five-start rating on a scale from 1 to 5. I found it to be thoroughly enjoyable and it has helped change my perspective towards using hope as fuel in times of adversity. The author has spoken about cultivating habits that might help one enjoy the journey rather than just anticipate the destination.
sanjeev maurya
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanjeev-maurya.html
Latest Review: Are You Love Smart or Love Stupid by Dr. Rachel Sims

Post by sanjeev maurya »

5-Star Review of Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety and Igniting Hope by Randy Ross

One of the things that sets Ross's book apart from other self-help books on anxiety is its focus on hope. Ross argues that hope is essential for overcoming anxiety and living a happy and fulfilling life. When we have hope, we believe that we can overcome challenges and achieve our goals. This belief gives us the motivation and perseverance to keep going even when things are tough.

Ross's book is well-written and informative, and it is packed with practical advice that can help readers to overcome anxiety and live more fulfilling lives. Ross's writing style is engaging and relatable, and he shares a number of personal stories and anecdotes to illustrate his points.
One of the things that I particularly appreciate about Ross's book is his emphasis on the importance of self-compassion. He reminds readers that it is okay to not be okay, and that everyone experiences anxiety from time to time. He also encourages readers to celebrate their successes, no matter how small they may seem.
Overall, I highly recommend Fireproof Happiness to anyone who is struggling with anxiety or who wants to learn more about how to cultivate hope. It is a valuable resource that can help you to live a happier and more fulfilling life.
Brian Otwane Obunga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brian-otwane-obunga.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond

Post by Brian Otwane Obunga »

The book analyses every topic of the book accordingly and its a lesson teaching book so it deserves a 5 star rating on my opinion
Penny Ann Criswell Johnson
Favorite Book: Totem
Currently Reading: Snatched up to heaven
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-penny-ann-criswell-johnson.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Penny Ann Criswell Johnson »

I really liked this book. The writing style was very easy to understand. The author made the book flow by breaking it up into segments. I don’t think there was anything I didn’t like about the book. The front page was perfect and well thought out. I loved the title because anxiety is like a fire that will spread until it consumes your thoughts and actions. But, hope can put that fire out
Kutloano Makhuvhela
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kutloano-makhuvhela.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Post by Kutloano Makhuvhela »

I enjoyed reading this book, I guess it's because it found me right when I needed it. I enjoyed how the author emphasised on having hope when all is dark in your life. Through hope, the sitohr argued, you will find happiness. I would definitely recommend it to people who are going tough times currently in thier lives. I rate it five out of five stars.
Stephen Christopher 1
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Snow That Never Fell
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: Photofinish by Cheryl Kerr
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 52%

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

I've just finished reviewing this book, and in the end, I gave it 4 out of 5 stars. I found it to be quite repetitive, and by the end, that frustrated me too much to give it the perfect score. I did enjoy the concepts and the stories and recognized that I'm predominantly a hopeful person, which was cool.
saji77
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saji77.html
Latest Review: Digging for God by Tom Hillman

Post by saji77 »

I gave Fireproof Happiness 4 out of 5 stars. I loved how the author mixed philosophical inquiries with scientific input AND a descriptive monologue of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Some constructive criticism though: Graphics would have complemented the psychological topics and given the book a more polished look. Otherwise, I think Fireproof Happiness is an insightful, colorful self-help book and recommend it to all readers looking for a fun but dense lifestyle read :).
Kristin Cowan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristin-cowan.html
Latest Review: A Voice from Heaven by Alexander V Girman & Cynthia J Girman

Post by Kristin Cowan »

If I could be very specific, I would give it 3.5. The content is great and I do think that it can be impactful for those who need some tips and advice on changing their outlook. My problem was with the book itself. It would have been a phenomenal academic paper or essay, with the main topics but condensed down
Lisa P Cowling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-p-cowling.html
Latest Review: The Human of All by Ryan Parrett

Post by Lisa P Cowling »

Overall, my opinion is that this is a great book. I could even give it a five star rating. I think I found it useful in learning what to do in extremely difficult times to gain a sort of happiness that is lasting. I only didn't appreciate that I had to purchase more materials to learn more but overall, great book!
Naushin Moledina
Favorite Book: The Canterville Ghost
Currently Reading: Boundaries
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naushin-moledina.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Naushin Moledina »

I haven't finished the book yet. But the book's language exceptional. It is an informational book. Was expecting a inspirational one. Despite of this, I congratulate and thank the author for putting this book together.
To hate is an easy lazy thing, but to love takes strength everyone has, but not all are willing to practice
Upphilan Paul
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-upphilan-paul.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Upphilan Paul »

As a matter of fact, this book deserves a full rating and I did. I rated this book a perfect 5 out of 5 stars. The ending was well-detailed and mind-hacking.
Juma Florence
Official Reviewer Representative
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juma-florence.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak
Signature Addition: Juma. Official Reviewer Representative

Post by Juma Florence »

Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross gives great insights of what it means to have hope in life. He uses real life experiences to explain how hope have made some people who they were intended to be in life. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. I would recommend it to anyone l
Seeking for inspiration for work, love, and life in general.
Juma. Official Reviewer Representative
Judy Burr
Favorite Book: East Wind, 2nd Edition
Currently Reading: GOD'S PLAN FOR YOU: 21-DAY DEVOTIONAL
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-burr.html
Latest Review: De facto Pathfinder by CW3 Cesare Giannetti, US Army (Ret)

Post by Judy Burr »

I just finished reading the book. It was a good book for everyone in this time with so much trouble in this world. Many people are down in spirit and worried about the future. Teaching hope is very hard, but the writer did a good job. Kudos, to him for bringing himself back from bad times in his life and choosing a career of helping others.
Judy
Eva Nyaburi
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eva-nyaburi.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Eva Nyaburi »

I would rate it five out of five stars. It's a fantastic book that not only motivates readers but also conveys to them how to overcome anxiety and find hope in all situations.

Return to “Discuss "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross”