What lessons did you learn from the book?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2023 Book of the Month, "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=595181

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Eric DUSHIMIRIMANA
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eric-dushimirimana.html
Latest Review: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter by Mark Gumbrell

Re: What lessons did you learn from the book?

Post by Eric DUSHIMIRIMANA »

I learned, among other things, that hopelessness may be the root cause of many of our problems; if we could strive to sow and nurture the seed of hope, we would live--and depart--gracefully; human existence would be much more harmonious and prosperous.
Jaituni Sanghavi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 160
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaituni-sanghavi.html
Latest Review: The Song: A Lesson to Live By by Ilene c. Herman

Post by Jaituni Sanghavi »

One profound aspect of "Fireproof Happiness" that struck a chord with me was the book's exploration of hope in the workplace. Ross's articulation of how hope isn't just a personal attribute but a vital asset in professional settings resonated deeply. His discussions on how hopeful individuals drive higher productivity, problem-solving, and engagement among teams were eye-opening. It made me reflect on the power of cultivating hope, not just for personal well-being but also for fostering a positive and productive work environment.
Orebo Junior Nyakwar Jabilo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orebo-junior-nyakwar-jabilo.html
Latest Review: The 13th of Summer by Charlene Pratt

Post by Orebo Junior Nyakwar Jabilo »

one must cultivate resilience, embrace challenges as opportunities for growth, and maintain a positive mindset amidst adversity. It's essential to set realistic goals, stay focused on personal development, and surround oneself with a supportive network of friends and family. Additionally, fostering gratitude and finding joy in small moments can contribute significantly to building a brighter and happier future.
Erikpume Victory
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erikpume-victory.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Erikpume Victory »

I learnt that without hope we won't have the ultimate motivation to push on in life.
Andrew Darlington
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrew-darlington.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Andrew Darlington »

Beside the numerous lessons that could be derived from this book, hope in the midst of uncertainty and negativity stood out as the most crucial lesson to me in this book.
Eric DUSHIMIRIMANA
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eric-dushimirimana.html
Latest Review: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter by Mark Gumbrell

Post by Eric DUSHIMIRIMANA »

The book houses invaluable lessons.

Character is purer than competency. Unfortunately, in a world where we rely on narrow and superficial metrics based on the directly observable to assess others, we may not infrequently "trash" "great" people. It is almost always better to have a long-term view of our fellow humans’ potentials; it is almost always too early to conclude that a person cannot “bear good fruits.”

“Making life better involves being better at life.”

"Crisis reveals character"; crisis reveals the "purity" of our core. Hard times have "fake-core" people “sell their souls to the devil” to survive; hard times easily sink "fake-core" people into lower grades of existence. "Real-core" folks rarely “sell their souls to the devil” to overcome hardships; trying times cannot easily sink "real-core" people into lower grades of existence. There is a saying: “By fire, we test gold.” We should strive to be "real-core" people.

"Everything worthwile in life is a byproduct of creating value for others."
Gee-Q Mdluli
Currently Reading: Adventures of Uncle Billy and Ross
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gee-q-mdluli.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by Gee-Q Mdluli »

This is one of my favorite quotes: "You are not just one story. It’s time to edit, find more choices, different meanings, different worlds, get unstuck and move forward.”
Mary Clarkee
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: We Are Voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-clarkee.html
Latest Review: The Eye of God by Aeternus Costin

Post by Mary Clarkee »

Choosing hope is a powerful realization. It serves as a catalyst for personal improvement, resilience during tough times, and the creation of a brighter future. Shifting one's perspective to embrace hope becomes essential in every situation, paving the way for positive change and a happier outlook.
Ebele Ekelobi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebele-ekelobi.html
Latest Review: My Life as a Cryptocurrency by April Lee

Post by Ebele Ekelobi »

I learnt that hope robs misfortune/challenges on its power and keeps one in the perfect mental state to achieve success.
Chad Anthony
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Post by Chad Anthony »

I learnt how word like happiness can change one's view of things around him/her. The hope that one can be happy is another thing I grabbed from this book.
Chris Alex Powell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-alex-powell.html
Latest Review: We All Have A Story! Here’s Mine by Maurice Chandler

Post by Chris Alex Powell »

I think this book provided more clarity on the word HOPE. I loved that I learned that hope goes a lot more than just sitting idle and idly wishing. Hope is a force that keeps you pushing one more time.
Nompulelo Moyo
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan, Cyber War
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lelo-19.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Nompulelo Moyo »

I learnt that life is full of struggles but you can choose to either focus on your struggles or to take one day at a time and be happy. Happiness is not a lack of struggle. I also learnt that hope is an important aspect of life that can help you get through difficult times.
Kirui Collins
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirui-collins.html
Latest Review: Zen and the Art of Writing by Ray Hodgson

Post by Kirui Collins »

I learned that for me to move forward, I ought to surround myself with positive people, character defines the true nature of a person, and I should always embrace optimism.
Dani Elle Ele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: It Was What It Was by Daniel Pace

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

I gained a profound understanding of the significance of hope, distinguishing it from mere wishful thinking. Recognizing that hope possesses transformative power, I now understand that it's not merely passive; rather, it inspires meaningful action in my life.
Lisa P Cowling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-p-cowling.html
Latest Review: The Human of All by Ryan Parrett

Post by Lisa P Cowling »

I have learned the importance of hope in our lives. Hope keeps us going. When we give up hope, there is not much left to do. I also found a link between hope and attaining happiness.

Return to “Discuss "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross”