What lessons did you learn from the book?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2023 Book of the Month, "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=595181

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Anna Duke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-duke.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Re: What lessons did you learn from the book?

Post by Anna Duke »

I learned that without work hope is useless. You must put in effort achieve what you've long waited for.
Daberechi Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daberechi-precious.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Daberechi Precious »

I learnt so many things in this book that I couldn't even finish putting down but one of the things that I want everybody going to read this book is hope. After reading this book I started building my self and had hope in everything I do and since then, my life have been better.
Shiru Elizabeth
Currently Reading: The Riddle of Alchemy
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shiru-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: From Flames to Valor by Jose L Berrios

Post by Shiru Elizabeth »

I've learned that making the decision to choose hope will enable me to better my life, get through my challenges, and build a happier, more promising future. I have to change my perspective and choose hope in any situation I find myself in.
Chikamnele Favour
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chikamnele-favour.html
Latest Review: My Spouse, my friend by Ingiete Oyama

Post by Chikamnele Favour »

I learned that hope is not all about wishing. Hope is an important aspect of life we must embrace. With hope, there is life improvement, a fulfilled life, and a brighter future. Hope keeps us going.
Olga Markova
Currently Reading: The Postscript Murders
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olga-markova.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Olga Markova »

As a "lone wolf" in times of trouble, the main lesson I learned was from the Green Boots story. The lesson is "when times are tough, resist the temptation to go it alone."(page 105).

Another interesting lesson I learned was the need for "nexting", or "envisioning the next step" (page 114) which Dr. Randy Ross illustrated by the story of Blockbuster.
Melvis Okoye
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melvis-okoye.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Melvis Okoye »

From "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross, several key lessons emerge that I believe can significantly impact one's approach to life, particularly in dealing with challenges and fostering a hopeful, positive outlook including The Role of Faith, Embracing Challenges and The Importance of Hope
Tiffany Devine
Currently Reading: EMA
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tiffany-devine.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 8%

Post by Tiffany Devine »

this book allowed me to be more emotionally in touch with my feelings. Coming from a few months of battling severe anxiety and depression this book allowed me to regain my focus on what's most important and that's focusing on myself and my inner happiness to regain hope. This allowed me to strive for a consistent routine, motivated me to focus on others around me, and be more emotionally available for my friends and family.
Osakwe Emmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osakwe-emmanuel.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Osakwe Emmanuel »

I've learned that embracing hope can lead to positive changes, help me navigate tough times, and build a better future filled with happiness. No matter where I am or what I'm facing, I must shift my perspective and choose hope. It's important to remain optimistic and hopeful about life. Whenever I encounter challenges, I should adjust my mindset and beliefs.
Robert Omukani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-omukani.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Post by Robert Omukani »

Shifting how we view our circumstances can indeed transform challenges into opportunities for growth and learning. When faced with difficulties, adopting a hopeful and optimistic outlook can illuminate paths forward that we might not have seen before.
Viv Sid
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-viv-sid.html
Latest Review: Madam Vice President by Julian Mann

Post by Viv Sid »

I learnt that hope is the most important thing in our lives. In everything we do, we need to be hopeful that it'll work out as we wish.
Emeka JohnObi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-johnobi.html
Latest Review: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream by Dr Frank L Douglas

Post by Emeka JohnObi »

I learnt that hope acts as the antidote to a lifeless existence. Without it, we're more susceptible to falling into a rut, potentially leading to depression and resentment.
Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malachi-chukwuebuka-nelson.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson »

To be happy you need to bring in those happy moments you've forgotten, this positive energies should come. Happiness start with you as a person.
Austin Rhodes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-austin-rhodes.html
Latest Review: The Transcendental Tangle: Untying the Enigmatic Knots of the Infinite by Matthew Emmanuel Weinberg

Post by Austin Rhodes »

I learned to be hopeful and the positivity that comes with being hopeful and happy. Hope and Happiness helps fight against the negativity of life.
Abdul Jah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abdul-jah.html
Latest Review: Brian, Created Intelligence by AJ Pagan IV

Post by Abdul Jah »

I learnt the true meaning and value of hope.
I also learnt how to find joy and meaning in life, even in difficult circumstances.
Giridhar Achary
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giridhar-achary.html
Latest Review: The Shanghai Circle by Tony Henderson

Post by Giridhar Achary »

The author highlights the importance of hope, as opposed to wishful thinking, and its ability to change people's lives. I came to understand that, without hope, desire and success are lacking, resulting in a dull lifestyle and depression. Choosing happiness and keeping a calm attitude can considerably improve life.

Return to “Discuss "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross”