Serendipity and happiness

Use this forum to discuss the December 2023 Book of the Month, "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=595181

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Samina Moiyadi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Unlight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samina-moiyadi.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Re: Serendipity and happiness

Post by Samina Moiyadi »

Jennifer Coxon wrote: 01 Dec 2023, 19:38 “those rare cases where some folks seemingly stumble backwards into fortuitous situations. They rise to the top without any clear explanation as to how or why they got there. It occasionally happens. They find themselves at the right place at the right time and the winds of chance simply blow in their favor. They don’t understand it. They cannot explain it.”

— Fireproof Happiness : Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope by Dr. Randy Ross
https://amzn.eu/9cG1cIJ

The author didn't term this situation as serendipity but this is what I understand it as. Have you or anyone you know found yourselves at the fortunate hands of serendipity? Did it bring happiness?

I did when I found my current career. I was two years out of university, with a single-minded pursuit of a career I was making no traction with. I ended up on holiday with my parents where I met fellow holidaymakers. Somewhere along the way I made an impression on a fellow traveller and was offered the opportunity to pursue the option of working for them. 12 years later and I love my job, still working for the person I met on holiday, purely down to the right place, right time, right person, and right context.
People term it as luck. I think everyone is given ample opportunities. One has to identify them and do whatever they can to turn it into success. Congratulations to you for finding the opportunity for which you still feel blessed.
Princewill Uchenna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-princewill-uchenna.html
Latest Review: Lord of the Wind by Anthony Anonimo

Post by Princewill Uchenna »

I loved reading about the concept although it was new to me. I did know such situation had an actual name. I am a believer of serendipity and it has favored me quite a number of times.
Omneya Shakeep
Favorite Book: Catching Genesis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omneya-shakeep.html
Latest Review: The Aspen Tree by Bart LaRocca

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

Serendipity, in my opinion, is another term for God's will, which I strongly believe in. I faced many situations where my plans significantly derailed, only to get a much better outcome than what I wanted or even hoped for. My choice of career and my house are the best examples of it.
"Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest."
Rob White.
Celestine Miani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-celestine-miani.html
Latest Review: Immigrant Hustle by Amine Rahal

Post by Celestine Miani »

Serendipity often brings unexpected joy, contributing to a sense of happiness in life. Embracing unexpected moments can lead to a more fulfilling and positive experience.
Celestine Miani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-celestine-miani.html
Latest Review: Immigrant Hustle by Amine Rahal

Post by Celestine Miani »

Jennifer Coxon wrote: 01 Dec 2023, 19:38 “those rare cases where some folks seemingly stumble backwards into fortuitous situations. They rise to the top without any clear explanation as to how or why they got there. It occasionally happens. They find themselves at the right place at the right time and the winds of chance simply blow in their favor. They don’t understand it. They cannot explain it.”

— Fireproof Happiness : Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope by Dr. Randy Ross
https://amzn.eu/9cG1cIJ

The author didn't term this situation as serendipity but this is what I understand it as. Have you or anyone you know found yourselves at the fortunate hands of serendipity? Did it bring happiness?

I did when I found my current career. I was two years out of university, with a single-minded pursuit of a career I was making no traction with. I ended up on holiday with my parents where I met fellow holidaymakers. Somewhere along the way I made an impression on a fellow traveller and was offered the opportunity to pursue the option of working for them. 12 years later and I love my job, still working for the person I met on holiday, purely down to the right place, right time, right person, and right context.
Serendipity refers to unexpected, fortunate discoveries or events. When these moments align with one's desires or bring joy, they contribute to a sense of happiness. Embracing serendipity can enhance life satisfaction by introducing positive surprises and fostering a grateful mindset.
Jessica Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica-azuka.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Jessica Azuka »

Yes... I have. Although serendipity sometimes comes as good or bad. However, it's satisfying when it comes as good. Serendipity has usually brought me happiness.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Not Dead Yet by Mark Fletcher

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

Serendipity is an unexpected event that turned out good. We sometimes do not have influence over serendipitous situations. For my, I think Serendipity brings about happiness
Abraham Ozo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-ozo.html
Latest Review: Tomboy GIGI and the fugitive by Darryl Barnes

Post by Abraham Ozo »

The idea of serendipity captivates me. For those who are religious, it's often attributed to the will of God. I've encountered moments where everything aligns perfectly, hoping everyone gets to experience such incredible feelings of being in the right place at the right time.
Brightone Tonny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brightone-tonny.html
Latest Review: Clifford's War by J Denison Reed

Post by Brightone Tonny »

Serendipity often brings unexpected joys, contributing to moments of happiness in our lives. Embracing the unpredictability of life can lead to delightful discoveries and a more fulfilling sense of contentment.
Jeevanesh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeevanesh.html
Latest Review: The Illusion of Superiority by Christopher Joseph

Post by Jeevanesh »

Fireproof Happiness' is more than just a self-help book; it's a roadmap to understanding and overcoming anxiety with the power of hope and purpose.
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: Consider It Done by Akomolede Oladapo Amos
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 540%

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

Serendipity is like the perfect storm with the right people, the right place, and the right time. It is something to aim for. Sometimes it occurs during rare occasions.
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Holland Addison
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holland-addison.html
Latest Review: Ten Commandments for Church Reform by John Wijngaards

Post by Holland Addison »

Serendipity is an unexpected event that turned out good. We sometimes do not have influence over serendipitous situations. For my, I think Serendipity brings about happiness
Holland Addison
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

I loved reading about the concept although it was new to me. I did know such situation had an actual name. I am a believer of serendipity and it has favored me quite a number of times.
Holland Addison
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Serendipity often brings unexpected joy, contributing to a sense of happiness in life. Embracing unexpected moments can lead to a more fulfilling and positive experience.
Holland Addison
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

The idea of serendipity captivates me. For those who are religious, it's often attributed to the will of God. I've encountered moments where everything aligns perfectly, hoping everyone gets to experience such incredible feelings of being in the right place at the right time.

Return to “Discuss "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross”