Did this book meet your expectations?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2023 Book of the Month, "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=595181

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

This is a discussion topic for the December 2023 Book of the Month, "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross

Attachments
MO231127 (19).jpg
MO231127 (19).jpg (5.23 MiB) Viewed 2866 times
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Vivian Writes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-writes.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Vivian Writes »

The author gave a lot of insight that stayed true to the book’s title. I appreciated the distinction between being hopeful and wishful thinking. I found the gem of serendipity and the role it can play in creating happiness. Overall, I would say that the book did meet my expectations. It was a good read.
Jenipher Owino
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenipher-owino.html
Latest Review: Higher Connections by Eric Right and Alexandra Right

Post by Jenipher Owino »

Yes for sure it did, the author's skill are one of it's kind and I think it made me feel like it was one of my best book I ever read
AvishaJain_13
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishajain-13.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by AvishaJain_13 »

It was somewhat underwhelming, but it still gave me a positive outlook on life.
Dalia Chf
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dalia-chf.html
Latest Review: Infinity by Catalina DuBois

Post by Dalia Chf »

I' have just started reading the book, and so far it's definitely a promising read! I'm not going to lie, I have high expectations from this book, and so far I have not been disappointed! I'll let you know as soon as I finish reading it!
Oleabhiele Joseph
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oleabhiele-joseph.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Oleabhiele Joseph »

I believe it will. I’m currently reading it, and I have to admits it approach certainly has some creatives I never thought of before in my quest for self discovery, and overall, happiness. I think it’s a great book, but I have to finish it to know for sure.
“You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” Marcus Aurelius, Emperor of Rome, 161 AD -180 AD
Ika Apro
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: 2035 and Beyond - A Guide to Thriving in the Future Workplace by Moira Devlin

Post by Ika Apro »

I was expecting a little more from it. It was more explanational that informational, which fell a little short on my expectations, but I am sure many people will still find them useful.
Melody Otieno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melody-otieno.html
Latest Review: Ain’t She Pretty by Barry J Kughn

Post by Melody Otieno »

Yeah all the way from the cover page i knew this is the book i wanted to read and know about it.
Abiodunakinola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: ABCs for SATs by Elise MacArthur

Post by Abiodunakinola »

Yes is the answer. The book contains useful information that help people fighting anxiety to get their life straight, and to hope for a better future.
Ceejay Hernaez
Currently Reading: The Inmate
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ceejay-hernaez.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Ceejay Hernaez »

It not only met but exceeded my expectations. When I first picked it up, I anticipated a run-of-the-mill self-help book brimming with repetitive common-sense ideas. However, I was pleasantly surprised that it offered more than just superficial insights into the concept of hope. I can practically apply and integrate most of the ideas presented about hope into my daily life. It's not a quick fix, but I'm glad someone made a thoughful guide on how to deal with hard times using hope as an anchor.
Chinenye Sus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinenye-sus.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Chinenye Sus »

Vivian Writes wrote: 03 Dec 2023, 04:04 The author gave a lot of insight that stayed true to the book’s title. I appreciated the distinction between being hopeful and wishful thinking. I found the gem of serendipity and the role it can play in creating happiness. Overall, I would say that the book did meet my expectations. It was a good read.
I'm glad the book lived up to your expectations, offering valuable insights on hope versus wishful thinking and emphasizing the significance of serendipity in cultivating happiness. It sounds like a rewarding read.
RJ Reviews
Currently Reading: Weep For Love
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rj-reviews.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
Reading Device: 1400697484
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 104%

Post by RJ Reviews »

It certainly did. I, for reasons unknown, expected it to be talk about the spirituality behind happiness and hope. But I was pleasantly surprised to find that the author discussed the science behind hope and happiness which is unique. The title itself is eye-catching and that heightened my expectations and it didn't disappoint me in terms of narrative and topics.
"The gods grow jealous of too much contentment anywhere, and they show their displeasure all of a sudden.” - R. K. Narayan, Maldudi Days
Nguavese Abeva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nguavese-abeva.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nguavese Abeva »

The writer provided valuable insights that aligned well with the book's title. I valued the clarification between having hope and engaging in wishful thinking. The exploration of serendipity as a catalyst for happiness was a standout revelation. In summary, the book lived up to my expectations and proved to be an enjoyable read.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Trouble In The Triangle
Bookshelf Size: 772
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Bailout Conspiracy by Frank Latell

Post by Bertha Jackson »

This book is one of the best inspirational books I have read. It exceeded all of my expectations, and I will definitely be reading it more than once.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
sanjeev maurya
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanjeev-maurya.html
Latest Review: Are You Love Smart or Love Stupid by Dr. Rachel Sims

Post by sanjeev maurya »

This book didn't just meet my expectations, but this book and the thematic role of the book impacted me immensely.

As someone who is struggling with mental health issues, and depression, I struggle with hope every day, it is a daily struggle to be happy and be hopeful.

I was so happy that I came across this book, I am currently reading it once again.

Return to “Discuss "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross”