What did you like the most about this book?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2023 Book of the Month, "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=595181

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Mara Valentina
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mara-valentina.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Re: What did you like the most about this book?

Post by Mara Valentina »

The focus on hope as a key factor in achieving happiness resonated with me. It's a refreshing perspective that emphasizes the power of optimism and resilience in navigating life's challenges.
Osakwe Emmanuel
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osakwe-emmanuel.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Osakwe Emmanuel »

I found the book very inspiring and eye-opening. It changed my thoughts about happiness, showing me it's more than just not having problems. I appreciate how engaging it is. A good nonfiction book isn't just about the idea of finding happiness, but also about how well the author talks about it in a friendly and easy-to-understand way.
Chideraa Ezeanwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chideraa-ezeanwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chideraa Ezeanwu »

I loved the motivation the book had to offer the most. It is something that can keep you happy for a very long while, and this book is good at motivating one to happiness.
INZAMAMUL HAQUE3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inzamamul-haque3.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by INZAMAMUL HAQUE3 »

When it comes to nonfiction books, the author's writing style can make or break the reader's interest in the subject matter. A well-written book that employs a conversational tone can be incredibly engaging and captivating, especially when it presents a unique concept on attaining elevated happiness. In contrast, a book that lacks fluidity in expression can become tedious and fail to hold the reader's attention. It's the art of combining a strategic approach with a dialogic style that enhances the charm of a nonfiction book and makes it a pleasure to read.
Olive Joy2
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-henry-denzel.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Olive Joy2 »

I love the topic discussed without a doubt but that's not the most interesting. The most interesting part would be the case scenarios and real-life stories. Explanations instill education but the stories leave you to find the meaning in them and I was always happy to come about a case.
Jimmy Cook
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-cook.html
Latest Review: The Shanghai Circle by Tony Henderson

Post by Jimmy Cook »

I loved that this book focused more on bringing out the good in people. Rather than focusing on what has gone wrong, we should tend to be positive at all times.
Indigenous Kin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-indigenous-kin.html
Latest Review: Creative Destruction by Alastair Bowman
2024 Reading Goal: 120
2024 Goal Completion: 6%

Post by Indigenous Kin »

The book makes it possible to find hope in a personality lifestyle, and to bring happiness into ones life. That's what I like about the book.
If you want things to be different, perhaps the answer is to become different yourself.
:auto-biker:
Nancy004
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancy004.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nancy004 »

What I liked the most about the book is how it dives deep into the power of hope to tackle life's tough stuff and discover real joy. Dr. Ross shares personal stories and reflections, showing us how hope can light up even the darkest moments. The book's mix of psychology, practical tips, and storytelling makes it super relatable and easy to connect with.
Victory Stone
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-stone.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Victory Stone »

I like as the book channels its energy on finding solutions for one to be happy. It teaches them on how to adjust their life and stop being too hard on oneself.

Return to “Discuss "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross”