Impact

Use this forum to discuss the December 2023 Book of the Month, "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=595181

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Ika Apro
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: Always Losing Something by Max Green

Impact

Post by Ika Apro »

How did this book affect you and are you happy with it? Did it havr impact on the way you perceive yourself?
Emily Meadows
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-meadows.html
Latest Review: Forever Young by Karma Wiederrick

Post by Emily Meadows »

I'm still reading it and all it's doing right now is reminding me how ROUGH I felt during the early pandemic days - 2020 and 2021. I wish I could say that I was one of the people who held onto hope that the pandemic would end and all would be well, but I wasn't.

Anyhow, I'm enjoying the book thus far.
Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 241
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirley-ann-riddern-labzentis.html
Latest Review: The Girls in the Hall by Tony Andras
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 76%

Post by Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis »

I just finished reading the book, and yes, it did give me hope for my future. I didn't have much hope during the pandemic, and I thought for sure that I was going to catch Covid and die. My whole family had it, except for me. How that was possible, I don't know. The author gave me a different perspective on the way that I look at things, and I look hopefully towards the future.
"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know which one you are going to get!"
Ika Apro
Currently Reading:

Post by Ika Apro »

Emily Meadows wrote: 08 Dec 2023, 15:17 I'm still reading it and all it's doing right now is reminding me how ROUGH I felt during the early pandemic days - 2020 and 2021. I wish I could say that I was one of the people who held onto hope that the pandemic would end and all would be well, but I wasn't.

Anyhow, I'm enjoying the book thus far.
I too think that the described pandemic period could trigger some people a bit. I am glad you're enjoying the book. Would love to hear your opinion after you're done reading :D I'd like to know if your opinion changes.
Ika Apro
Currently Reading:

Post by Ika Apro »

Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis wrote: 08 Dec 2023, 20:57 I just finished reading the book, and yes, it did give me hope for my future. I didn't have much hope during the pandemic, and I thought for sure that I was going to catch Covid and die. My whole family had it, except for me. How that was possible, I don't know. The author gave me a different perspective on the way that I look at things, and I look hopefully towards the future.
I am happy you found it helpful! The pandemic was very hard on everyone, traumatizing many people. I am glad to hear that this book managed to give people a different perspective!
Kigen Valarie
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Amy K Collier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kigen-valarie.html
Latest Review: I Wonder Why It's Christmas by Esther Ekunola
fav_author_id: 281506
2024 Reading Goal: 240
2024 Goal Completion: 11%

Post by Kigen Valarie »

With the different experiments carried out on hope and the findings made, I realized that hope plays a vital role in our lives. Take an example like the experiment in Framingham. Some statistics are nondebatable and I believe being more hopeful will have a positive impact on my life and I started practicing it immediately after I landed the book.
Life will go whichever way. Changing it is up to a very powerful force :|
Chinenye Sus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinenye-sus.html
Latest Review: Brian, Created Intelligence by AJ Pagan IV

Post by Chinenye Sus »

Kigen Valarie wrote: 13 Dec 2023, 04:19 With the different experiments carried out on hope and the findings made, I realized that hope plays a vital role in our lives. Take an example like the experiment in Framingham. Some statistics are nondebatable and I believe being more hopeful will have a positive impact on my life and I started practicing it immediately after I landed the book.
Embracing hope can indeed bring positive changes to your life, and it's great that you're actively incorporating it after exploring its significance in experiments like Framingham. Wishing you continued optimism and fulfillment on your journey!
Nguavese Abeva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nguavese-abeva.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nguavese Abeva »

I've just completed the book, and indeed, it instilled hope for my future.The author's perspective has shifted the way I perceive things, and now I face the future with newfound hope.
Dana Youngblood
Currently Reading: All You'll Never Be: Because of Who You Are
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dana-youngblood.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 54%

Post by Dana Youngblood »

Ika Apro wrote: 08 Dec 2023, 03:04 How did this book affect you and are you happy with it? Did it havr impact on the way you perceive yourself?
I really liked this book. I feel that it can change your life if you follow what he is talking about. Hope is something that I think I might have lost recently, but want to get it back. It impacted how I saw myself because I think I fell into the hopeless category since the start of the pandemic. I have hope for a better future after reading this book. Now, I feel that I can have hope, work towards goals, and be happier in the process.
Jane Ogwang
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-ogwang.html
Latest Review: Dr. Marsha and the Case of the Missing Marshmallows and Hotdogs by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Jane Ogwang »

I finished reading the book and was so glad I did. Dr Randy's exploration of hope was unique and quite detailed. I especially liked the clear distinction he drew between active hope and wishful thinking. This will definitely impact the way I operate from here on.
Penny Ann Criswell Johnson
Favorite Book: Totem
Currently Reading: Snatched up to heaven
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-penny-ann-criswell-johnson.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Penny Ann Criswell Johnson »

Ten months ago I lost my daddy to a battle with cancer. When he got sick my life shut down. I haven’t been motivated to do anything that would push me forward to a happy future. After reading this book I have bought a yearly planner and making my dreams come true. My daddy would not want me to grieve the rest of my life. I hope to one day write a book that has this kind of impact on other.
Tommy Mayengbam
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tommy-mayengbam.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Tommy Mayengbam »

My business is in the initial stage. While similar businesses are booming, I am never demotivated.

I didn't even notice that until I read this book. I realized my positive outlook is because of my solid hope that I, too, will reach the top someday.
Princewill Uchenna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-princewill-uchenna.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Princewill Uchenna »

I am unusually very anxious about the future. I just left high school and thinking about the future scares me. This book gave me hope. Deep down feel optimistic about the future.
João Ramos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jo-o-ramos.html
Latest Review: Becoming Change Makers by Dr. Dominica McBride

Post by João Ramos »

Penny Ann Criswell Johnson wrote: 20 Dec 2023, 23:02 Ten months ago I lost my daddy to a battle with cancer. When he got sick my life shut down. I haven’t been motivated to do anything that would push me forward to a happy future. After reading this book I have bought a yearly planner and making my dreams come true. My daddy would not want me to grieve the rest of my life. I hope to one day write a book that has this kind of impact on other.
I'm sorry about your father. Seeing how knowledge can make a difference in a person's life is incredible. It's not just a hobby, but a fundamental change in attitude towards everything, even when they are not self-help books.

I'm sure other people have given you advice like "Think positive, everything will be fine" or "he's in a better place now," but no matter how well-intentioned these people are, it seems trivial and ineffective.

However, things change when someone creates such well-written and reasoned work with Dr.Randy Ross, and the "advice" seems more convincing. Stay strong, little sister, and adopt this advice. I wish you to prosper and adopt Ross's teachings in your life. All the best.
Clauson Justin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clauson-justin.html
Latest Review: The Making, the Rise, and the Future of the Speakingman-fourth edition by Dan M Mrejeru

Post by Clauson Justin »

Hope is the drive that keeps us going. Fireproof Happiness helped rekindle hope in my life, especially at a time when my educational life seems to be affected by a lot of factors. I feel more optimistic about this coming session.

Return to “Discuss "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross”