Did you agree with everything in this book?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2023 Book of the Month, "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=595181

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Eric DUSHIMIRIMANA
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eric-dushimirimana.html
Latest Review: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter by Mark Gumbrell

Re: Did you agree with everything in this book?

Post by Eric DUSHIMIRIMANA »

No. I did not.

The author mentions "doing the will of God or serving God." I believe that we humans cannot know the will of God. To know the will of God, we would have to "be at the centre of the universe." There is no objectively verifiable proof that we are at the God-choosen ones.
Mary Clarkee
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: We Are Voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-clarkee.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Post by Mary Clarkee »

It's interesting how opinions can diverge after reading a book. However, I share your sentiment about the book discussing everyone being essential; it resonated strongly with me, and I wholeheartedly agree with its perspective.
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

This is one of the few times I read a self-help book and was devoid of objections. The author did a perfect job. I wouldn't change a thing.
Chioma Oz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chioma-oz.html
Latest Review: Flowers of Evil by N.L. Holmes

Post by Chioma Oz »

It's perfectly normal to have differing opinions, and finding common ground on essential aspects, like maintaining hope, is valuable. Diverse perspectives contribute to a richer understanding of various topics.
Chioma Oz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chioma-oz.html
Latest Review: Flowers of Evil by N.L. Holmes

Post by Chioma Oz »

It's perfectly normal to have differing opinions, and finding common ground on essential aspects, like maintaining hope, is valuable. Diverse perspectives contribute to a richer understanding of various topics.
Martina Sette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-sette.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 136%

Post by Martina Sette »

I agree with almost everything. I don't find the things said in the book to be wrong, but I believe some passages are too simplistic compared to the reality of things.
Bradley Twesten
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bradley-twesten.html
Latest Review: Truth and Evil by G. Edward Martin

Post by Bradley Twesten »

I did agree with the concepts and material. For some reason, there are a few people out there that are most happy when they are unhappy or upset about something. They need to take a few steps back and read the book.
Pablo Josue Mendia
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pablo-josue-mendia.html
Latest Review: Opportunity Taken by R. W. Frazier
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 250
2024 Goal Completion: 27%

Post by Pablo Josue Mendia »

I agreed with most things that the author said in Fireproof Happiness. He is very reasonable, caring, and easy to understand. The one thing I disagreed with the most on was his implication of faith in happiness. He wrote as if people who are theists and have faith are happier than people who are atheist without faith. To me, it seems that faith can indeed help in one's individual path to happiness but it is not a necessary condition.
Rebecca De Figueiredo
Favorite Book: Sent to Watch
Currently Reading: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebecca-de-figueiredo.html
Latest Review: The Adventurers of Uncle Billy & Ross by Solon Phillips, Esq.

Post by Rebecca De Figueiredo »

No, not really. It's all well and good to extol the virtues of hope, but many people are in the depths of despair, be it money, grief, illness or depression. In this way, the book sounds a bit high-handed and preachy; from the author's standpoint, with his success, it's easy to shout 'hope!' but life is so hard for some that it really is an empty word.
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

Yes I found everything in this book to resonate withy lifestyle. I learnt a lot from this book and I agree with everything written in here.
Colleado Keana Rose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-colleado-keana-rose.html
Latest Review: Rise and Conquer by Juan Partida

Post by Colleado Keana Rose »

It's understandable to have areas of disagreement while reading a book, possibly influenced by a rigid mindset. Nevertheless, acknowledging agreement with most of the book's content indicates that it had a positive impact on broadening your perspective on crucial life topics.
Lily Walker 1
Currently Reading: A Little Life
Bookshelf Size: 225
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lily-walker-1.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Lily Walker 1 »

I agree with many parts of the book, and I think that the author is very clear and effective in getting his point across. I do feel more inclined to reflect on myself and my own values after reading this book, too, which I feel is what the author intended. However, I was kind of taken aback a little later in the book when he mentioned “faith in happiness” and implied that we should put our faith in a higher power. I’m not fully convinced that that is a surefire way to be happy, so I agreed with him up to that point.
Martha Lopez 4
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martha-lopez-4.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Martha Lopez 4 »

I totally agree to everything said in this book. This book was of great help to me so I don't have any reason disagree with.
Faith Job
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-job.html
Latest Review: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial by Thad G. Long

Post by Faith Job »

Yes, I thought everything in this book was nice, especially since I could identify with and relate to most of the material.
Benny Rach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-benny-rach.html
Latest Review: ANGELA'S REDEMPTION by King Hambone (aka Augustus H. Green, Jr)

Post by Benny Rach »

After reading *Fireproof Happiness* by Dr. Randy Ross, I found myself agreeing with virtually everything in the book. Dr. Ross's insights into finding true happiness and fulfillment resonated deeply with me. His emphasis on the importance of mindset, gratitude, and purpose in cultivating happiness aligns perfectly with my own beliefs. The practical strategies and exercises he provides are not only insightful but also actionable, making it easy to incorporate them into my daily life. Fireproof Happiness is a powerful reminder of the importance of finding joy from within and living a purpose-driven life.

Return to “Discuss "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross”