What do you think could be improved in this book?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2023 Book of the Month, "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=595181

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Dana Lawrence Lohn
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Upstairs Delicatessen
Currently Reading: In the Garden of Beasts
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dana-lawrence-lohn.html
Latest Review: Ungraduated by Ken Hannaman
2024 Reading Goal: 125
2024 Goal Completion: 18%

Re: What do you think could be improved in this book?

Post by Dana Lawrence Lohn »

Bradley Twesten wrote: 16 Feb 2024, 12:11 Kudos to those that offered some critique. Too many "It was perfect" comments. I found some editing errors. "Furry" gave me a good laugh when "fury" was the intended word. Clearly opposite emotions evoked by the difference in those two words.

I didn't care for all of the callouts. In the Kindlebook version, nearly every screen shot had the emphasized callouts. It broke up the flow too much. I wanted to get through the book without the constant distraction.
OK I have to go through my annotations to see if I picked up on “furry” rather than “fury.” That cracked me up! Maybe it was fixed before I got there - but I am totally tempted to check. And I’m with you that the frequency of callouts served as a distraction, especially when they had formatting issues, as happened for me at least once when reading with Kindle.
Kala Krishnakumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kala-krishnakumar.html
Latest Review: Magi Apprentice by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Kala Krishnakumar »

The book does not cover very specific issues. It covers a broader problem and gives no specific solution. So if you're looking for a one stop shop to cure despair, this is not the solution as it just describes mere fact, rather than solve the issue.
Julio Sanchez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julio-sanchez.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Julio Sanchez »

One area for improvement in "Fireproof Happiness" could be to reduce the repetition of certain topics. While reinforcing key concepts can be beneficial, excessive repetition may become tiresome for some readers and detract from the overall reading experience. Diversifying the exploration of themes and providing a greater variety of perspectives could also enhance the book's appeal and relevance to a wider audience. Additionally, incorporating more practical examples or case studies could further illustrate the application of the book's principles in real-life situations, deepening readers' understanding and engagement.

Return to “Discuss "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross”