What do you think is the link between hope and happiness?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2023 Book of the Month, "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=595181

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Sheen Jenny
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheen-jenny.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Re: What do you think is the link between hope and happiness?

Post by Sheen Jenny »

That's a really interesting question, and there's definitely a link between the two! I'd say that hope is an essential ingredient for happiness, because it gives us something to look forward to and a reason to keep going even when things are tough. When we have hope, we can find meaning and purpose in life, and that can lead to greater happiness. So I'd say that hope is like a fuel that can keep our happiness engine running.
Donna Walker
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vitality System
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donna-walker.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White

Post by Donna Walker »

Gerry Steen wrote: 11 Dec 2023, 10:02 Hi, Melisa, I know that I am happiest when I am busy. Especially if, I am busy on a mission. The anticipation of reaching my end goal with the completion of the task keeps me in the zone. I am elated when the task is completed and my goal has been reached. This happiness lasts for some time and turns into contentment. I then start to work towards my next goal to keep the feeling of happiness flowing. In sum, I am a person who lives with hope. This process of hope entails working toward a goal with a plan. This keeps me happy. This is the link between hope and happiness! Have a good day.
I agree with this statement about needing a mission. Happiness comes from a sense of WORTH not hope for me. When I am working towards a goal, I feel worthy. I feel that I have a purpose, and then I feel hopeful that all will turn out okay. Hope on its own isn't the key for me. Worth is. So while I enjoyed the book, it skirted around the true key to ongoing happiness. I can hope I'll become a multi-millionaire, but I won't unless I feel worthy of receiving that gift of money while working towards the goal.
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Gerry Steen »

Donna Walker wrote: 21 Jan 2024, 08:43
Gerry Steen wrote: 11 Dec 2023, 10:02 Hi, Melisa, I know that I am happiest when I am busy. Especially if, I am busy on a mission. The anticipation of reaching my end goal with the completion of the task keeps me in the zone. I am elated when the task is completed and my goal has been reached. This happiness lasts for some time and turns into contentment. I then start to work towards my next goal to keep the feeling of happiness flowing. In sum, I am a person who lives with hope. This process of hope entails working toward a goal with a plan. This keeps me happy. This is the link between hope and happiness! Have a good day.
I agree with this statement about needing a mission. Happiness comes from a sense of WORTH not hope for me. When I am working towards a goal, I feel worthy. I feel that I have a purpose, and then I feel hopeful that all will turn out okay. Hope on its own isn't the key for me. Worth is. So while I enjoyed the book, it skirted around the true key to ongoing happiness. I can hope I'll become a multi-millionaire, but I won't unless I feel worthy of receiving that gift of money while working towards the goal.
Hi, Donna, I cannot argue with you. Your perspective is a healthy one. I agree that the feeling of self-worth is linked to happiness. I thank you for sharing your conviction. I wish you a happy day. :tiphat:
Slayton Natasha Tillett
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slayton-natasha-tillett.html
Latest Review: When Your Partner Dies by Millard Hiner

Post by Slayton Natasha Tillett »

When you think of how far you gone with your work and what you hope to achieve it makes one really happy.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1920
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

Harboring hope in our hearts helps us achieve long-term success and happiness. For doers, hope leads to increased productivity. Hope helps us cope with our daily stress and results in fulfillment and satisfaction in our lives. It wards off the negativities of life. Hope is the secret of health and longevity.
Eric DUSHIMIRIMANA
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eric-dushimirimana.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature, second edition by Chet Shupe

Post by Eric DUSHIMIRIMANA »

Hope begets happiness.

Hope empowers us to "see" light in the darkness. Hope convinces us that we are resourceful enough to make a better tomorrow. On top of that, hope helps us realize the impermanence of hard times and that hardships are our blessings in disguise.

Hope is a source of happiness.
Ebele Ekelobi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebele-ekelobi.html
Latest Review: My Life as a Cryptocurrency by April Lee

Post by Ebele Ekelobi »

The hope of actualising a goal even when the goal isn't necessarily within sight keeps me excited to keep working. So yes, I find a connection between hope and happiness.
Nompulelo Moyo
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan, Cyber War
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lelo-19.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Nompulelo Moyo »

I think hope is closely linked to happiness. When you have no hope, there is no light in your life, and your chances of being depressed are high. When you have hope, you have a positive attitude, and with positivity comes happiness. When you have hope, you have something to look forward to, and it is an exciting feeling.
Chitra Ayengar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chitra-ayengar.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Chitra Ayengar »

It may look like there is no link between hope and happiness. But, hope gives us purpose and meaning to our life. The stroy of Army Staff Sergeant Travis Mills is hope inspiring. This hope eventually leads us on a meaningful path towards true happiness.
Dani Elle Ele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: Free Fish Friday by Lee Stone

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

I believe hope serves as a precursor to the ultimate happiness. The highest levels of joy often originate from the seed of hope and the recognized potential early on in a situation.
Sarah Zain
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey

Post by Sarah Zain »

I believe that happiness comes when a hope or even part of it is fulfilled, because I can hope for something all the time, and if it does not come true or I can't reach it in some way, I will not feel happy, perhaps a little satisfied with the current situation. Happiness and hope are linked this is what makes it sometimes take a lot of effort to live with some circumstances.
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey
Cryptic Spy
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Cryptic Spy »

I just have to say that. One needs hope to stay happy.
Pranav Dewangan
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

Hope is everything in my life. Whenever I have felt hopeless from the inside, no matter what I have in terms of material possessions, people, or loved ones, I only pretended to be happy but never felt happy. But whenever I had hope, even though the times were tough, I felt authentic in my happiness. I know for a fact that if you have hope for a long time, you are bound to improve in all aspects of life slowly but inevitably.
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: A Miracle For Evi by Eva-Maria Frank
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 540%

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

I am happy when I am busy, too. I am happy when my actions are related to a purpose. If I can accomplish something, that has an impact, then I am totally focused on that goal.
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Marina Flisvou
Currently Reading: Jake Fortina and the Roman Conspiracy
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marina-flisvou.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Marina Flisvou »

Hope makes us feel good about the future, helping us to be happy. When we have hope, we believe good things will happen, which makes us try harder and feel better when things get tough. This feeling helps us stay positive and find ways to solve our problems, making us happier overall.
Marina

Return to “Discuss "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross”