What did you think of the book?- Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Use this forum to discuss the December 2023 Book of the Month, "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=595181

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Ludovica Peruzzi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Blockhead
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ludovica-peruzzi.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Re: What did you think of the book?- Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Ludovica Peruzzi »

I never know what to expect from self-help books, and mostly find their advice to be vague and inapplicable - but I'm really glad I was wrong in this case. It was an extremely well thought-out exploration of hope, not just in philosophical terms but rooted in actual scientific research, as well as real-life examples showing how hoping, even in the darkest of situations, can lead to better results. I found it very grounded despite its vast scope.
Ukaegbu Jane
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-jane.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Ukaegbu Jane »

This book gave me inspiration and motivation on how to face the future believing things would work out. I used to be always scared about what will happen next and what the future holds. I learnt from the book how to be happy and hopeful irrespective of any obstacle I face.
Rishaunda Lynnette Britton
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishaunda-lynnette-britton.html
Latest Review: I Wonder Why It's Christmas by Esther Ekunola

Post by Rishaunda Lynnette Britton »

I think "Fireproof Happiness" by Dr. Randy Ross is a great book and that it is impactful. Its emphasis of the concept of hope interested me, given that without hope we might not have the motivation to get much done.

Return to “Discuss "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross”