What did you think of the book?- Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Use this forum to discuss the December 2023 Book of the Month, "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=595181

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
The_Priyans
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Beyond the Golden Door
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-priyans.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Icon What did you think of the book?- Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by The_Priyans »

One thing that I found interesting about the book is how the author defines hope as a dynamic motivational system tied to inspirational goal-setting. He explains how hope can help us overcome obstacles, cope with adversity, and achieve our dreams. He also shares some of the benefits of hope, such as enhancing relationships, improving health, and leading well. He provides some of the characteristics of hopeful people, such as optimism, resilience, and gratitude.

Another thing that I liked about the book is how the author gives some practical tips and tools to cultivate hope and happiness in our daily lives. He suggests some habits and practices that can help us develop a hopeful mindset, such as affirming our identity, embracing our purpose, and pursuing our passion. He also advises us to surround ourselves with positive and supportive people, to seek help when needed, and to serve others with compassion. He encourages us to face the future with hope and to make the choice to be happy, regardless of what we are facing today.
Gerry Steen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Gerry Steen »

This book was very inspirational. Active hope is a process and strategy that you believe in. Just the act of working toward a goal is enough to make me happy. The anticipation of the dream becoming reality will keep me working. This becomes my purpose. In times of difficulty, I choose to find a way to solve the problems and then work until they are resolved. Have a good day. :techie-studyinggray:
Sheen Jenny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheen-jenny.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sheen Jenny »

I think that the book is a valuable read for anyone interested in understanding the power of hope and how to harness it in their own lives. It provides a fresh perspective on a familiar concept and offers practical strategies for cultivating hope. It's also written in an accessible and engaging style, making it a pleasurable read. In short, I'd say the book is informative, thought-provoking, and inspiring.
Naushin Moledina
Favorite Book: The Canterville Ghost
Currently Reading: Boundaries
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naushin-moledina.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Naushin Moledina »

A thought-provoking, inspirational, and educational book, I would recommend that my loved ones learn more about the power of hope and how to use it in their own lives. The writing style is engaging and approachable, which adds to the enjoyment of reading it.
To hate is an easy lazy thing, but to love takes strength everyone has, but not all are willing to practice
Conshelle Dwight William
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-conshelle-dwight-william.html
Latest Review: The Receptionist by Marie-Paul Corelli

Post by Conshelle Dwight William »

The author intriguingly portrays hope as a dynamic motivator linked to aspirational goals. He elucidates how hope aids us in tackling hurdles, managing adversities, and realizing our dreams. The book also provides practical tips to nurture hope and happiness daily, suggesting habits like affirming our identity, embracing purpose, and pursuing passion. The author encourages a hopeful view of the future and choosing happiness, no matter our current circumstances.
Surekha Krishnakumar
Favorite Author: Dan Brown
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surekha-krishnakumar.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross
fav_author_id: 2452

Post by Surekha Krishnakumar »

The author speaks in detail about the importance and necessity of hope during times of adversity. He also speaks of habits that one can cultivate to nurture oneself and create happiness regardless of circumstances. It is a must-read for anyone, regardless of their current situation in life. I hope this book reaches a large audience and helps them, as it helped me clarify the importance of enjoying the journey.
Penny Ann Criswell Johnson
Favorite Book: Totem
Currently Reading: Snatched up to heaven
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-penny-ann-criswell-johnson.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Penny Ann Criswell Johnson »

As I read the book I found myself highlighting amazing points throughout. I had to stop and pondered on some of the thought provoking facts about the importance of hope in our everyday life. We’ve all used the word hope as wishful thinking 9 or confused it with optimism. But, hope is so much more than that. I will never look at hope in a shallow way again. What I like the most about the book was the easy flowing writing styles.
Yasmine M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yasmine-m.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Yasmine M »

Hope is important as mentioned by the author. By I believe the key to happiness is to be grateful for what we have no matter how small it is (and also for not have been dealt the worse, there is always worse). The second ingredient to happiness is to appreciate every moment of your life. Live in the now.
Ivy_Nesty28
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivy-nesty28.html
Latest Review: The Mission by Tara Basi

Post by Ivy_Nesty28 »

I think this is an amazing book that helps one to have hope in their lives. Hope is a concept that one need to have and this book shows the different aspects associated with it. It can definitely help an individual to be calm during stressful situations and take practical decisions.
sanjeev maurya
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanjeev-maurya.html
Latest Review: Are You Love Smart or Love Stupid by Dr. Rachel Sims

Post by sanjeev maurya »

The book was phenomenal, the author gave such a different perspective of how we see hope and how we interpret things that are hopeful or give us hope.
This might sound wrong, but that is just my opinion, the title is about happiness, but the book is about hope.
Which to be honest, is not wrong, I loved the fact that the author talked about hope and makes you realise how important it is to be hopeful to be happy. They aren't two mutually exclusive feelings, they are rather intertwined together.
I keep going back to certain sections of the book still.
That is why I gave this book 5 stars.
Eva Nyaburi
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eva-nyaburi.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Eva Nyaburi »

It's a fantastic book that inspires and teaches readers how to nurture hope and use it to advance toward their goals. This book is outstanding because it demonstrates how, with hope, a person can overcome all obstacles in their pursuit of something better.
John Owen
Currently Reading: Baggage
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-owen.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 123%

Post by John Owen »

It's a good book overall with nice lesson and good premise. I think it's a good self-help to who wants to learn more about happiness and hope.
Harmony in chaos. It's all a matter of perspective.
Brightone Tonny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brightone-tonny.html
Latest Review: Tour of Duty by William H. Coles

Post by Brightone Tonny »

The engaging and approachable writing style enhances the overall reading experience, making it more enjoyable and accessible to a wider audience.
Jeevanesh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeevanesh.html
Latest Review: Soldier to Sojourner: The Journal by Gordon R Schwerzmann

Post by Jeevanesh »

Fireproof Happiness offers a refreshing take on overcoming anxiety with practical tools. Its focus on hope as a cornerstone for happiness is truly inspiring.

In summary, "Fireproof Happiness" presents hope as a pivotal element in achieving happiness. It is not just about waiting for positive outcomes but actively engaging in life with a hopeful mindset, which leads to greater fulfillment, resilience, and well-being.
Martina Sette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-sette.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 136%

Post by Martina Sette »

This book looks like an empowering read. Eager to dive into the blend of personal stories and practical wisdom for a happier life! Can't wait to read it.

Return to “Discuss "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross”