What do you think of the characteristics of hope as mentioned in the book?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2023 Book of the Month, "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=595181

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

This is a discussion topic for the December 2023 Book of the Month, "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross

Attachments
MO231127 (14).jpg
MO231127 (14).jpg (5.58 MiB) Viewed 937 times
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Eric DUSHIMIRIMANA
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eric-dushimirimana.html
Latest Review: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter by Mark Gumbrell

Post by Eric DUSHIMIRIMANA »

Hope is like an organism with a “head,” “heart,” and “hands.” Hope also involves, for example, the art of goaling and re-goaling, pivoting, and nesting. Again, according to the author, hope is not wishful thinking. “Hope is the belief that the future will be better and that you have a role to play in making it so.” The author would recommend this prayer to the hopeful: “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change things I can change, and wisdom to know the difference.”
Eric DUSHIMIRIMANA
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eric-dushimirimana.html
Latest Review: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter by Mark Gumbrell

Post by Eric DUSHIMIRIMANA »

Hope is like an organism with a “head,” “heart,” and “hands.” Hope also involves, for example, the art of goaling and re-goaling, pivoting, and nesting.
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

The author excellently explored the concept of hope. I like the part that engendered positivity, when he said that to hope is to believe that things will not always end the way they currently are.
KELVIN KAY 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-kay-2.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by KELVIN KAY 2 »

The concept of ĥope was something unknown to me before I read this. I'm glad I read it. Great to have new insights on topics like this. The author did a really great job.
Ejoh Ebube
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Karmic Selling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ejoh-ebube.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Ejoh Ebube »

The author suggests that hope is a belief in the future's improvement, encompassing techniques like goaling, pivoting, and nesting. They emphasize the importance of serenity, courage, and wisdom in achieving this, highlighting the role of hope in personal growth.
Lisa P Cowling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-p-cowling.html
Latest Review: The one that kills you by Rick Rothermel

Post by Lisa P Cowling »

I think the author was right when he stated that hope is more than wishful thinking. Hope involves actually working towards the change we seek in our lives. Hope is more strategic.
Miriam Ratemo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-ratemo.html
Latest Review: The Warrior's Meditation by Richard L Haight

Post by Miriam Ratemo »

The characteristics of hope as outlined in "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross likely emphasize its transformative power in overcoming anxiety and fostering a sense of optimism. Hope is often depicted as a beacon of light in dark times, providing motivation, resilience, and the belief that better days are ahead. It's likely that the book delves into the importance of cultivating hope through practices such as gratitude, positive thinking, and setting achievable goals. Additionally, the book may explore how hope can serve as a buffer against anxiety by focusing on possibilities rather than dwelling on worst-case scenarios. Overall, the characteristics of hope likely highlight its ability to uplift individuals and help them navigate life's challenges with a sense of purpose and optimism.
Julio Sanchez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julio-sanchez.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Julio Sanchez »

The characteristics of hope as mentioned in the book seem to align with the idea of hope as an active force rather than a passive emotion. By emphasizing the dynamic nature of optimism and the importance of actively pursuing goals, the book encourages readers to approach hope as a proactive tool for overcoming challenges and achieving personal growth. This perspective resonates with the teachings of Viktor Frankl, adding depth to the exploration of hope within the context of the book. Overall, the characteristics of hope presented in the book seem to offer a practical framework for fostering resilience and finding meaning in difficult circumstances.

Return to “Discuss "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross”