Do you agree with the author's comments on solitude and individualism in Chapter six?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2023 Book of the Month, "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=595181

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Sameeha Ismail
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Jane Austen at Home
Bookshelf Size: 230
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sameeha-ismail.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Re: Do you agree with the author's comments on solitude and individualism in Chapter six?

Post by Sameeha Ismail »

I partly agree with Dr. Ross. Humans are social creatures. Even Bacon says that Solitude is the habit of beasts. However, I do think introverts will disagree. They need time to recharge from the bustle of society.
One book, printed in the heart's own wax Is worth a thousand in the stacks.
Bettny Andrade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Bettny Andrade »

Individualism and loneliness are things that are not necessarily compatible, that depends on each person. Many people feel better and at peace when they are alone.
Nell Brianah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nell-brianah.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Nell Brianah »

It could be related to the balance between solitude and socializing, the importance of individualism, or any other point you find interesting in the previous response.
Osakwe Emmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osakwe-emmanuel.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Osakwe Emmanuel »

I don't agree completely with what the author says. I'm someone who likes being alone, and I think it's important to have time for yourself. Being independent and focusing on your own needs is valuable. But sometimes, it's also good to have support from others, even if it means taking a break from being by yourself.
KELVIN KAY 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-kay-2.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by KELVIN KAY 2 »

I honestly thing it's a great insight. There are a few thing I don't accept . But again, that's why ŵe are different people. How we see things are quite different.
Robert Mkenya
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magrine-moegi.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Robert Mkenya »

Your perspective underscores the complexity of social relationships and suggests that the benefits of a broad social network might not be universally applicable or perceived in the same way by everyone.
Princewill Uchenna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-princewill-uchenna.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Princewill Uchenna »

I found it quite basic. I tend to thrive in solitude as people often cause me stress. Consequently, I'm discerning about the company I choose.
Princewill Uchenna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-princewill-uchenna.html

Post by Princewill Uchenna »

I found it quite basic. I tend to thrive in solitude as people often cause me stress. Consequently, I'm discerning about the company I choose.
Donaldo cris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donaldo-cris.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by Donaldo cris »

It's perfectly fine to seek solitude at times. Enjoying one's own company is not a negative thing, and taking occasional breaks from others can be rejuvenating.
Ejoh Ebube
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Karmic Selling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ejoh-ebube.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Ejoh Ebube »

Personally, the reason for mentioning a generic network as an advantage is subjective and depends on personal preferences and environment.
Austin Rhodes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-austin-rhodes.html
Latest Review: The Transcendental Tangle: Untying the Enigmatic Knots of the Infinite by Matthew Emmanuel Weinberg

Post by Austin Rhodes »

I was completely in agreement with the author. Although I share a similar view with that of the author. I also go with the view that socializing brings happiness and connection with people.
Nancy004
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancy004.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nancy004 »

I don't completely agree with the author's ways. I'm someone who enjoys solitude. Being alone doesn't mean you're sad—it's actually important to connect with yourself. Individualism matters too. I'm not saying you should shut yourself off, but finding a balance between alone time and socializing is key to happiness.
Miracle Kingss
Currently Reading: EMA
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miracle-kingss.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Miracle Kingss »

Not really; I believe that an idle mind is the devil's workshop, but there are times when everyone needs alone time. When something big happens in my life or when my plans do not work out, I sometimes need some alone time to process and come to terms with it.
Ludovica Peruzzi
Currently Reading: Blockhead
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ludovica-peruzzi.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Ludovica Peruzzi »

I'm also someone who likes being alone, and I didn't think Dr. Randy's statement was too simplistic at all. Having space and independence is essential, and no one's saying you need to be around people 24/7 - but when you're used to being on your own, it's easy to forget the perks of friendship and companionship and slip into self-isolation. I think you need to be able to tell when being alone is a choice that you're making to help preserve your emotional stability, and when it's born out of a feeling of inadequacy.

Return to “Discuss "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross”