Which of the problem-solving techniques outlined in the book do you use?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2023 Book of the Month, "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=595181

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

This is a discussion topic for the December 2023 Book of the Month, "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross

Attachments
MO231127 (17).jpg
MO231127 (17).jpg (6.17 MiB) Viewed 1008 times
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Diana Lowery
Currently Reading: The Exchange
Bookshelf Size: 346
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lowery.html
Latest Review: Island in the Sun - Growing up in Jamaica 1948-1954 by Monica Carly
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Diana Lowery »

I have always tried to focus on the positives and ignore the negatives, so I agree with Ross's advice to work on what you can control or influence. It has worked well in my life.
Judy Burr
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: East Wind, 2nd Edition
Currently Reading: GOD'S PLAN FOR YOU: 21-DAY DEVOTIONAL
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-burr.html
Latest Review: De facto Pathfinder by CW3 Cesare Giannetti, US Army (Ret)

Post by Judy Burr »

I try to make the best decisions. When I fail, I try to tell myself that everyone fails sometimes, if you were perfect you would not be human. That helps to get back on track.
Judy
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Huini Hellen »

I agree with Ross that working on the positives and ignoring the negatives is a great way to improve your life. I think that this is especially true when it comes to relationships. If you focus on the good things about someone, then they will become more important in your mind. This can help you to overlook their flaws and make them seem less important than they really are.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Bettny Andrade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Bettny Andrade »

Focusing on the positive will always be a good idea. This helps to disperse the worried feelings. It certainly does not provide an immediate solution in most cases but it is of great help.
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: Keto kickstart by Wendy Simpson
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 600%

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

I think on the positive. This approach gives me the possibility to focus on what I want to achieve. I can see, feel, the positive.
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-suraj.html

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

I always try to encourage my self and not discourage myself I try as much as possible to have positive mindset and keep away the negative ones.
Colleado Keana Rose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-colleado-keana-rose.html
Latest Review: Rise and Conquer by Juan Partida

Post by Colleado Keana Rose »

That's a commendable approach. Maintaining a positive mindset and consciously steering away from negativity can significantly contribute to personal well-being. Self-encouragement and fostering positivity create a resilient foundation for facing challenges and embracing a constructive outlook on life.
Tiffany Devine
Currently Reading: EMA
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tiffany-devine.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 8%

Post by Tiffany Devine »

reading this book really helped me to find the hope i had been lost of. When Dr. Randy Ross says " A powerful realization that anyone can come to is the idea that present conditions may actually be conditioning you to be prepared for a brighter future. I know we all are aware of this, but at times when you're not in your brightest light, you need to be reminded of the things that matter most in life and what having tinsy bit of 'hope' does to your mental and physical state.
sanjeev maurya
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanjeev-maurya.html
Latest Review: Are You Love Smart or Love Stupid by Dr. Rachel Sims

Post by sanjeev maurya »

I think taking the book's dynamic approach towards positive and negative aspects of life is something that I focus on.
It is not just one thing that can be helpful, but the book as a whole.
Still, if I had to choose one, I took to heart the way the author explained that positive and negative are interested related and interconnected and not mutually exclusive, so you have to learn how to focus on the positive.
Amarachi Nwogo
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amarachi-nwogo.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Amarachi Nwogo »

Diana Lowery wrote: 30 Dec 2023, 10:37 I have always tried to focus on the positives and ignore the negatives, so I agree with Ross's advice to work on what you can control or influence. It has worked well in my life.
This also worked well for me. I agree with you completely.
Amarachi Nwogo
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amarachi-nwogo.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Amarachi Nwogo »

Diana Lowery wrote: 30 Dec 2023, 10:37 I have always tried to focus on the positives and ignore the negatives, so I agree with Ross's advice to work on what you can control or influence. It has worked well in my life.
This also worked well for me. I agree with you completely.
Chideraa Ezeanwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chideraa-ezeanwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chideraa Ezeanwu »

Bettny Andrade wrote: 02 Feb 2024, 21:16 Focusing on the positive will always be a good idea. This helps to disperse the worried feelings. It certainly does not provide an immediate solution in most cases but it is of great help.
This has always been my go to solution. Even before I read this book, I always tried to focus on positives. This book made me know how to do it better.
Lisa P Cowling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-p-cowling.html
Latest Review: The Human of All by Ryan Parrett

Post by Lisa P Cowling »

I've always tried to focus on the positive aspects of life. While this does not exactly solve the problem, it gives me hope that things may be better. I did find it an issue at some point when I could hold on to nothing positive at the time, but I was able to scale through.
Ludovica Peruzzi
Currently Reading: Blockhead
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ludovica-peruzzi.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Ludovica Peruzzi »

Dr. Randy suggests making a "life purpose statement" to remind you of what you're working towards and ensure you stay right on track. I've highlighted that passage in the book so I will remember to do it more often - but this is already what I do when I feel lost and like my life is going nowhere. It helps to remind myself of my goals before I start "regoaling" and making new plans as to how to achieve them.

Return to “Discuss "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross”