What songs would you suggest to played along when reading Fireproof Happiness?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2023 Book of the Month, "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=595181

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Viv Sid
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-viv-sid.html
Latest Review: The Warrior's Meditation by Richard L Haight

Re: What songs would you suggest to played along when reading Fireproof Happiness?

Post by Viv Sid »

I suggest "Try" by P!nk. It's a great song for optimism. You can also listen to "Unstoppable" by Sia. I don't listen to music while reading, but I think those two are good.
Miracle Kingss
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: EMA
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miracle-kingss.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Miracle Kingss »

Playing music while reading interferes with my ability to focus. I always find myself singing along and forgetting the book when I sing because I love to sing.
Jeevanesh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeevanesh.html
Latest Review: The Black Problem In America by Steven B Lofton

Post by Jeevanesh »

There are a lot of Tamil songs that exude hope. I would like to think of Uravugal Thodarkadhi from the movie Aval Appadithan when reading the book
Dana Youngblood
Currently Reading: All You'll Never Be: Because of Who You Are
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dana-youngblood.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 54%

Post by Dana Youngblood »

I had not thought of doing something like this. What a great idea! For me, I would have "Shake It Off" by Taylor Swift, "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey, "Happy" by Pharrell Williams, "Can't Stop the Feeling" by Justin Timberlake, and any other song that really uplifts my spirits. However, I feel that I might need to listen to them before going into reading because I would probably get distracted by them! Ha! Fun idea!

Return to “Discuss "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross”