Did you find the pieces of advice in this book practical and applicable?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2023 Book of the Month, "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=595181

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

This is a discussion topic for the December 2023 Book of the Month, "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross

Attachments
MO231127 (3).jpg
MO231127 (3).jpg (4.17 MiB) Viewed 831 times
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Dattatraya
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Unsilenced
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dattatraya.html
Latest Review: Teen Life Skills by Florance Philip
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Dattatraya »

I am pleased to answer 'YES'. I submitted my review of Fireproof Happiness yesterday. I have mentioned in my review which pieces of advice in this book are practical and applicable." I discovered that hope is shown to be a fireproof jacket for happiness. Dr. Randy says that hopeful people have a deep-seated understanding that what happens in them is more important than what happens to them. " I mean to say l can create, preserve, and use hope to protect the happiness obtained in my life.
Also I agree and will always keep in my mind that "what happens in them is more important than what happens to them."

Kristin Cowan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristin-cowan.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Kristin Cowan »

Generally, yes. But some things are easier said than done. For those who are dealing with a serious mental health struggle, hope may seem like something they will never have. Once they can get to a place where they are able and willing to take action to help themselves, this book does have great ideas.
Upphilan Paul
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-upphilan-paul.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Upphilan Paul »

Every detail contained in this book can be applied. I love the proven principles of having happiness in our day-to-day life. The author shares it and it's easy to follow. If you're struggling with being happy, these proven ways will help you out.
João Ramos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jo-o-ramos.html
Latest Review: Becoming Change Makers by Dr. Dominica McBride

Post by João Ramos »

How can you say no to this question after the author shows his and others' scientific arguments and life experiences? Of course, someone might counter that it's easy to say this when you haven't been through something traumatic or aren't experiencing severe depression.

But the first step is believing you can get out of this. In this, Dr. Randy Ross surpasses all expectations and creates a genuine gem that can provide a means for anyone to earn out of the darkest and most depressive situations.
N parvin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-parvin.html
Latest Review: The Caribbean Sedition by Oscar Ortiz

Post by N parvin »

I would affirmatively say yes because everything presented in this book consists of highly researched statements that are psychologically tested and proven. I firmly believe that every piece of advice portrayed in this book is applicable, as long as a person is willing to take it and apply it. It's crucial to recognize that there's a distinction between facing regular life difficulties and experiencing an extremely severe mental breakdown. In such severe cases, a person might not be in the right headspace to grasp the advice in this book. However, that doesn't diminish the practicality of the advice, as for most people, it is easily applicable and would prove practical.
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

Yes, I do. Here's one that I kept reading again and again: "Hope is not idle or passive, it is active and involves four functional elements which are Work (the goal), Will (the drive), Way (the how/when), and With (the people/relationships)."
Favy Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favy-moses.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Favy Moses »

Of course yes, the book is very realistic to me abd also the author went as far to proven his research , so yes it may not be easy though but is applyable as long as we put it to practice in our every day life.
Alexander Victoria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-victoria.html
Latest Review: I Wonder Why It's Christmas by Esther Ekunola

Post by Alexander Victoria »

Yes, I did. The book was quite exceptional and practical. The author also went through the hassle of even proving his theories.
Brian Otwane Obunga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brian-otwane-obunga.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond

Post by Brian Otwane Obunga »

Yes this book thought me alot that i thought... I give all the congratulations to the author of this book for the good work he has done
Savant Chanelle
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-savant-chanelle.html
Latest Review: Ten Commandments for Church Reform by John Wijngaards

Post by Savant Chanelle »

Generally, yes. But some things are easier said than done. For those who are dealing with a serious mental health struggle, hope may seem like something they will never have. Once they can get to a place where they are able and willing to take action to help themselves, this book does have great ideas.
Savant Chanelle
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Savant Chanelle
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Wemby Jordan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wemby-jordan.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Wemby Jordan »

Yes, I do find them practicable and applicable. They would help me in my endeavors in life. I'm sure of it.
Rebecca De Figueiredo
Favorite Book: Sent to Watch
Currently Reading: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebecca-de-figueiredo.html
Latest Review: When Business Is Love by Jan Ryde

Post by Rebecca De Figueiredo »

The one good thing about the message that he extols, which is Hope (with a capital letter), is that it's innate, it's already inside us, its free: We just have to learn to build on it and use it properly

Return to “Discuss "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross”