"Hope is the Best Strategy." Do you agree with this statement? Why?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2023 Book of the Month, "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=595181

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Tomi Ahmed
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomi-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition) by Dr. Colleen Huber
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 35
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Re: "Hope is the Best Strategy." Do you agree with this statement? Why?

Post by Tomi Ahmed »

I agree with this statement. Dr. Randy Ross mentions a theory that was created in 1991 that was created by Charles R. Snyder which resulted in numerous studies linking increased hope levels to academic and athletic performance. Hope has helped me gain a more positive outlook on life. While hope alone may not always be sufficient to overcome all challenges, it can serve as a foundation for setting goals and seeking solutions. Hope can inspire people to take action, make changes, and strive for better outcomes, making it a valuable strategy for navigating various aspects of life.
Martin Victor 1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martin-victor-1.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Martin Victor 1 »

I very much agree with the author. Hope backed up with work is definitely the best strategy for lasting happiness.

Return to “Discuss "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross”