What was your favorite quote in the book?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2023 Book of the Month, "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=595181

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

This is a discussion topic for the December 2023 Book of the Month, "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross

Attachments
MO231127 (7).jpg
MO231127 (7).jpg (5.02 MiB) Viewed 670 times
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
João Ramos
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jo-o-ramos.html
Latest Review: Becoming Change Makers by Dr. Dominica McBride

Post by João Ramos »

Choosing a favorite part of such a good book is difficult. However, I particularly liked the opening sentence of chapter 7:
"It must be borne in mind that the tragedy of life
doesn't lie in not reaching your goal.
The tragedy lies in having no goals to achieve."
Benjamin E. Mays
N parvin
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-parvin.html
Latest Review: The Caribbean Sedition by Oscar Ortiz

Post by N parvin »

All the quotes in this book are brilliantly chosen and put together. Each quote possesses its own unique power to evoke something within us. However, one stands out as particularly reasonable and meaningful to me from chapter five, which is as follows:
"He who is not every day conquering some fear has not learned the secret of life." – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Cheryl Erickson
Currently Reading: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking)
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl-erickson.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Post by Cheryl Erickson »

I liked the following quote:
"How we choose to face and embrace the crises before us will determine our destiny."
As they say, you cannot choose what happens to you, but you can choose how you will react. Don't wallow in self pity. Stay focused, stay positive, and move forward.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1920
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

My favorite quote in the book was 'How we choose to face and embrace crises before us will determine our destiny.' Facing crises in life builds one's character. In the author's opinion, it determines the course of our actions. I love true stories about overcoming crises in our lives.
Eric DUSHIMIRIMANA
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eric-dushimirimana.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature, second edition by Chet Shupe

Post by Eric DUSHIMIRIMANA »

"Hope is like a Personal Flotation Device [that keeps us afloat when the flow of life becomes turbulent and saves us from sinking into the lower grades of existence]."
Ebele Ekelobi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebele-ekelobi.html
Latest Review: My Life as a Cryptocurrency by April Lee

Post by Ebele Ekelobi »

This quote by Ralph Waldo resonated the most with me: 'He who is not every day conquering some fear has not learned the secret of life.' It's a great motivation to me to face my fears one at a time and watch them all crumble.
Pranav Dewangan
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT: Mastering AI Conversations for Beginners by Malcolm Oppenheimer

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

There are several quotes that I like and resonate with. I am sharing one of them below:

"A crisis can become a catalyst for change.
Challenging times have a way of teaching life lessons
you may have never learned voluntarily."
Favy Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favy-moses.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Favy Moses »

I have lots of quote but my favorite would be , ''how we chose to face and embrace the crises before us determine our destiny''.
Rebecca De Figueiredo
Favorite Book: Sent to Watch
Currently Reading: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebecca-de-figueiredo.html
Latest Review: When Business Is Love by Jan Ryde

Post by Rebecca De Figueiredo »

The book is full of brilliant quotes; he is a Master of the feel-good catchphrase! But there are a few that caught my eye, and I quite like this one; 'Will this be remembered as the Great Pandemic or the pandemic that made us great?'
Paris Kumar
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 488
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paris-kumar.html
Latest Review: 480 Codorus Street by Sandra L. Kearse-Stockton
2024 Reading Goal: 200
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Paris Kumar »

Among the inspiring quotes,
"How we think about tomorrow directly influences our behavior today. And better behavior today leads to a brighter tomorrow. Hope is a principle ingredient in happiness, health and well-being"
resonates deeply. It encapsulates the profound impact of hope on shaping our present actions and future outcomes. This quote underscores the transformative power of maintaining a positive outlook and nurturing hope amidst life's challenges. It serves as a reminder to cultivate optimism and resilience, fostering a path towards greater happiness and fulfillment.
The greatest part of a writer’s time is spent in reading, in order to write; a man will turn over half a library to make one book.
—Samuel Johnson

I am happy to be a part of the OnlineBookClub.
Olga Markova
Currently Reading: The Postscript Murders
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olga-markova.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Olga Markova »

Reading this book, I kept highlighting the quotes I liked, and ended up with many. One particularly relatable quote which I liked as it made me reflect on my own life and attitudes is "If you want to be healthy and happy, you must remain at the helm and navigate tough times to the best of your ability (pages 51-52).
Dana Lawrence Lohn
Favorite Book: The Upstairs Delicatessen
Currently Reading: In the Garden of Beasts
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dana-lawrence-lohn.html
Latest Review: Ungraduated by Ken Hannaman
2024 Reading Goal: 125
2024 Goal Completion: 18%

Post by Dana Lawrence Lohn »

Olga Markova wrote: 09 Mar 2024, 14:06 Reading this book, I kept highlighting the quotes I liked, and ended up with many. One particularly relatable quote which I liked as it made me reflect on my own life and attitudes is "If you want to be healthy and happy, you must remain at the helm and navigate tough times to the best of your ability (pages 51-52).
@Olga Markova I loved that one too, it’s on my highlights and annotations for the book! Mentally I kept coming back to concepts of good health and mind-body connection as I read. Hope feels like it has to lower cortisol, and getting stress hormones down, getting inflammation down, it’s all so important to thriving and solid day-to-day functional health. That quote truly spoke to me also. Thanks for posting that. 8)
Princewill Uchenna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-princewill-uchenna.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Princewill Uchenna »

All the quotes in this book are brilliantly chosen and put together. Each quote possesses its own unique power to evoke something within us.
Donaldo cris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donaldo-cris.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by Donaldo cris »

The book is filled with remarkable quotes, showcasing the author's mastery of uplifting catchphrases. Among them, one stands out: 'Will this be remembered as the Great Pandemic or the pandemic that made us great?'

Return to “Discuss "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross”