Do you think the role of hope has been overplayed in this book?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2023 Book of the Month, "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=595181

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Viv Sid
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-viv-sid.html
Latest Review: The Warrior's Meditation by Richard L Haight

Re: Do you think the role of hope has been overplayed in this book?

Post by Viv Sid »

The book shows us the huge role hope plays in our lives. Without hope, how can we live?
Emeka JohnObi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-johnobi.html
Latest Review: From GED to PhD by Barbara Crump

Post by Emeka JohnObi »

You could argue that hope is an irreplaceable element of the human experience. Even if it leads us astray sometimes, what truly sustains us without it. Absolutely nothing.
Jeevanesh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeevanesh.html
Latest Review: The Black Problem In America by Steven B Lofton

Post by Jeevanesh »

There is no exaggeration when it comes to hope and happiness. Both these emotions give out the will and power to carry on with life even at the darkest of times. So I think emotions of such power can never be exaggerated.
Jacy Covers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacy-covers.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Jacy Covers »

No. I don't that the role of hope is overplayed in this book. That was the intention of the book to educate readers about hope.
Anu Jikku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-jikku.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Anu Jikku »

The role of hope has not been overplayed in the book. It is the foundation on which the author tries to teach us how to keep ourselves floating even in the midst of our darkest storms. Without hope, we would all find ourselves on the other end of the spectrum, drowning ourselves in self-pity and defeat. :) :) :) :)
Wild tales of an intrepid, curly mom!

Yours truly,
SomewhatMom
Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malachi-chukwuebuka-nelson.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson »

I don't think is saw any exaggeration in this book. I just think the book is good the way it is.
Ejoh Ebube
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Karmic Selling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ejoh-ebube.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Ejoh Ebube »

The book effectively highlights the importance of hope in our lives, with scientifically proven theories and statements. However, it could be more concisely presented, as some aspects of hope may be overexplained, despite not being overplayed.
Gabby Viera
Currently Reading: Knight, Heir, Prince
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabby-viera.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Gabby Viera »

I wouldn't say that its over played, I believe that's mostly the message that Dr. Randy is trying to explain throughout the entire book; As a EMS professional I can agree with how the concept of hope can be tied to depression as an example, since I see it on a daily with patients that are on mental holds and seeing no hope in their eyes or hearing it and seeing the correlation to why the patient is depressed goes to show that hope is a strong concept in order to have that positive mindset
Giridhar Achary
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giridhar-achary.html
Latest Review: The Final Keystone by John Kevin Crowley

Post by Giridhar Achary »

No, I don't think the role of hope has been overplayed in this book. because the book revolves around hope. It might be to some people like that, but according to me, strongly no.
INZAMAMUL HAQUE3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inzamamul-haque3.html
Latest Review: The Shade of Highfall by Mark O'Dell

Post by INZAMAMUL HAQUE3 »

Through an extensive review of psychological case studies and meta-analyses of biometric data, the author has gathered a broad range of evidence. The author's comprehensive analysis offers clear and precise insights into the many benefits of maintaining high levels of hope. The advantages of nurturing hope are numerous and essential, from enhancing motivation and well-being to improving overall health and resilience. It is impossible to overstate the manifold benefits of cultivating hope.
Anu Anand
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-anand.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Anu Anand »

I don't think the role of hope has been overplayed in this book. For me, this book was an absolute eye-opener. I learned a valuable lesson that hope is not just wishful thinking; it's more about actively working towards what we hope for.
P Sudam Patra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-p-sudam-patra.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by P Sudam Patra »

No, I do not believe that hope is overplayed in the novel. The book revolves around hope.
Jimmy Cook
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-cook.html
Latest Review: The Shanghai Circle by Tony Henderson

Post by Jimmy Cook »

Not really. Hope is what keeps us moving despite facing tough challenges. But one should not hope to much because it kills you. Hope is always what reminds us that there is always light at the end of the tunnel.
Miracle Kingss
Currently Reading: EMA
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miracle-kingss.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Miracle Kingss »

No, the motivation that has fueled the success of every great achiever in history is hope. How can we ever make progress if we all give up on whatever it is we are trying to accomplish?
Tijesuni Ayobami
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tijesuni-ayobami.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Tijesuni Ayobami »

Maybe, just a teeny bit. Randy Ross might have been a little bit overboard with how she described and made hope the center of everything. Though the theories and data sets or ideas she gaves were quite revealing and strongly evident enough.

Return to “Discuss "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross”