"Life is not meant to be lived alone." Do you agree with this statement as explained in Chapter six of this book?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2023 Book of the Month, "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=595181

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Kala Krishnakumar
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kala-krishnakumar.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Re: "Life is not meant to be lived alone." Do you agree with this statement as explained in Chapter six of this book?

Post by Kala Krishnakumar »

In my opinion, emotions are best experienced when shared with someone, when voiced out loud and more specifically, when shared with the right person. But I'd also like to point out, that this is an extremely relative opinion since many people tend to enjoy their own company more than others.
Amos Cyprian Kipchumba
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amos-cyprian-kipchumba.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Amos Cyprian Kipchumba »

I agree with the statement because our happiness is determined by the people around us.
Dana Youngblood
Currently Reading: All You'll Never Be: Because of Who You Are
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dana-youngblood.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 54%

Post by Dana Youngblood »

I think this is 100% true. I am a mother who works from home, so I often feel alone. I need others around me to feel energized and more fulfilled. This isn't an "extrovert" thing either. I am not someone who wants to be around others at all times, but I know that I need others in my life. I need them to help with my kids, I need them to help cheer me up when I am down, and I need them in so many other ways. Living life alone cannot lead to a happy life- I guess unless you are an introvert who never wants to be around others. Even then, I feel that life can get lonely and sad. I think people are meant to live with others, help them, create happy moments, and more.
Ukaegbu Jane
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-jane.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Ukaegbu Jane »

Of course, I think the statement is true. We humans are social in nature therefore we flourish when we're around people. Together, we become stronger, encourage one another, and learn from one another.
Ian Ondara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ian-ondara.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Ian Ondara »

I am in agreement with the fact that people do not have to be alone in life. Being with the right people helps you achieve more in life. We all need a person who helps motivate us. With the right motivation and hope that everything is possible we can all achieve great things.
Lauren Victoria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauren-victoria.html
Latest Review: One If by Carol B Allen
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 12%

Post by Lauren Victoria »

While there were many things that I agreed with in the book, this particular statement made me pause and think. I'm a firm believer in that happiness is something that comes from within and no one should be responsible for your happiness. Yet, understandable life becomes a bit more bearable when there is someone in your corner to share that happiness. I cultivate my own happiness and most of the time enjoy my own company and being alone. Being alone doesn't equate to loneliness, but there is something to be said about having the right people in your life.
Dana Lawrence Lohn
Favorite Book: The Upstairs Delicatessen
Currently Reading: In the Garden of Beasts
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dana-lawrence-lohn.html
Latest Review: Ungraduated by Ken Hannaman
2024 Reading Goal: 125
2024 Goal Completion: 19%

Post by Dana Lawrence Lohn »

I felt the opposite of Lauren Victoria Mallon, above, and therefore was fascinated by her perspective. There was much that I did not agree with in this book, but this one statement jumped out at me as true. The quality of my life is so massively improved when I'm surrounded by people who love me and enrich me with connection and conversation.

Return to “Discuss "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross”