"Life is not meant to be lived alone." Do you agree with this statement as explained in Chapter six of this book?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2023 Book of the Month, "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=595181

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Kim Msafi Kim
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kim-msafi-kim.html
Latest Review: The Fish House by G L Rockey

Re: "Life is not meant to be lived alone." Do you agree with this statement as explained in Chapter six of this book?

Post by Kim Msafi Kim »

Human existence is intricately woven with the threads of love, friendship, and even the presence of adversaries. These connections shape our identity, providing meaning and purpose to our lives. Without them, the tapestry of our existence would unravel, leaving us devoid of the richness that these relationships bring.
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

If and only if we have the right people by our side life is not meant to be lonely and boring. Socialization is the best form of communication. Socialization also help people achieve what they've hoped for.
Colleado Keana Rose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-colleado-keana-rose.html
Latest Review: Rise and Conquer by Juan Partida

Post by Colleado Keana Rose »

I agree with the statement as human beings are inherently social creatures. The need for interaction with others is essential for our well-being. Engaging with people, especially during times of sadness or low spirits, can often uplift our mood, even if the underlying issue hasn't been resolved. The presence of others has the potential to positively impact our emotional state and contribute to an overall sense of well-being.
Tony otieno 1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tony-otieno-1.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Tony otieno 1 »

Human beings are inherently social creatures, and the essence of life is intertwined with the connections we form with others. The shared experiences, support, and companionship found in relationships enrich our journey, making it a meaningful and fulfilling tapestry of shared moments and emotions.
Tony otieno 1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tony-otieno-1.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Tony otieno 1 »

Human beings are inherently social creatures, and the essence of life is intertwined with the connections we form with others. The shared experiences, support, and companionship found in relationships enrich our journey, making it a meaningful and fulfilling tapestry of shared moments and emotions.
Kshitija Sonawane
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kshitija-sonawane.html
Latest Review: The Cannoli Caper by Jeff V Erickson
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 37%

Post by Kshitija Sonawane »

I don't know actually. For most individuals, yes. I thought I was an introvert but living alone drove me crazy. People suffer under isolation. However, we don't know how real introverts deal with this. There are also people with various disorders and problems. I think some people can thrive under isolation if it is isolation from a toxic bunch, like family or something. It depends on the context.
sanjeev maurya
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanjeev-maurya.html
Latest Review: Fresh Beginnings by Leela Dutt

Post by sanjeev maurya »

Yes, I agree with that statement. Life is often enriched by meaningful connections with others, whether through friendships, family, or romantic relationships. These connections can provide support, companionship, and a sense of belonging, enhancing our overall well-being and quality of life.
Amarachi Nwogo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amarachi-nwogo.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Amarachi Nwogo »

I definitely agree with it. Life is meant to be shaped by important people around you.
Ajedevgun Benixo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajedevgun-benixo.html
Latest Review: Mystery in the Metaverse by Nick Airus

Post by Ajedevgun Benixo »

It argues against solitude, highlighting that life is enriched by the relationships and bonds we form, viewing them as gifts that make our existence more meaningful and less monotonous.
Pablo Josue Mendia
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pablo-josue-mendia.html
Latest Review: Emma Just Medium by Laura Wiltse Prior
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 250
2024 Goal Completion: 27%

Post by Pablo Josue Mendia »

I agree with the statement that "life is not meant to be lived alone," but only to a certain extent. Humans are so unique and complex that for some people, solitude is blessing and not a curse. I could envision many people who spend the majority of their lives alone and still have a fulfilling and happy life. On the other hand, we are social creatures. So generally speaking, it is good to have a support networks in our professional and personal lives to elavate us.
Chikamnele Favour
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chikamnele-favour.html
Latest Review: My Spouse, my friend by Ingiete Oyama

Post by Chikamnele Favour »

Yes, what is life when you are all by yourself? Trying to figure out everything on your own. No friend, no buddy, no life partner? Life is not meant to be lived alone. Live it with friends, family, loved ones, and sometimes your enemies too. Lol. That's what makes life interesting.
Chikamnele Favour
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chikamnele-favour.html
Latest Review: My Spouse, my friend by Ingiete Oyama

Post by Chikamnele Favour »

Yes, what is life when you are all by yourself? Trying to figure out everything on your own. No friend, no buddy, no life partner? Life is not meant to be lived alone. Live it with friends, family, loved ones, and sometimes your enemies too. Lol. That's what makes life interesting.
Olga Markova
Currently Reading: The Postscript Murders
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olga-markova.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Olga Markova »

This statement is very wise, and it was an important lesson I learned from the book. What Dr. Randy Ross means by this statement is that loneliness in an unsettling time can be deadly, and it is important to find people who will counsel and support you through the troubled waters of life. He illustrates this with the story of Green Boots, and it is one example I remember well from this astounding book.
Osakwe Emmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osakwe-emmanuel.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Osakwe Emmanuel »

I strongly believe that our relationships shape who we are and give meaning to our lives. Love, friendship, and even our interactions with enemies all play a crucial role. Without these connections, life feels empty. Having someone to share our joys, sorrows, achievements, and setbacks with makes life meaningful and fulfilling.
Robert Omukani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moranga-dominic.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Post by Robert Omukani »

Without the essence of love, the companionship of friendship, or even the challenges posed by adversaries, our existence might seem devoid of meaning. It's as if with every interaction, with every moment spent with another, we impart a fragment of our essence onto them - much like dispersing horcruxes of ourselves into the world. These pieces, imbued with our spirit, thoughts, and emotions, weave an intricate web of connections that significantly define who we are.

Return to “Discuss "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross”