"Life is not meant to be lived alone." Do you agree with this statement as explained in Chapter six of this book?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2023 Book of the Month, "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=595181

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

"Life is not meant to be lived alone." Do you agree with this statement as explained in Chapter six of this book?

Post by Melisa Jane »

This is a discussion topic for the December 2023 Book of the Month, "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross

Attachments
MO231127 (8).jpg
MO231127 (8).jpg (8.58 MiB) Viewed 838 times
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Abbdul Razak
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arazak226.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill
2024 Reading Goal: 140
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Abbdul Razak »

I'm in a state of boredom and recession. Don't know what to do. Nothing excites me at this moment of my life. People and everything. I'm down and unhappy.
Absolute the skies are not my limit but beyond the boundary of matter :music-listening:
Omneya Shakeep
Favorite Book: Catching Genesis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omneya-shakeep.html
Latest Review: The Aspen Tree by Bart LaRocca

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

I believe in this statement wholeheartedly. Life has absolutely no meaning without someone to share your happiness, sadness, excitement, success, and failure with. Knowing there is at least one person in your life you can talk to about your fears and problems is bliss.
"Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest."
Rob White.
Naushin Moledina
Favorite Book: The Canterville Ghost
Currently Reading: Boundaries
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naushin-moledina.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Naushin Moledina »

According to me, the relationships are the things that define us and our life. Without love, friendship or even enemies we are nothing. We leave our parts with everyone like the horcruxes of ourselves with every person we spend time with. So, ya ‘life is not meant to be lived alone’. It will be so boring without the connections that god has given us to live with.
To hate is an easy lazy thing, but to love takes strength everyone has, but not all are willing to practice
britcott30
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Hello, My Love
Currently Reading: The Overdue Life of Amy Byler
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britcott30.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by britcott30 »

If we choose the right person to be our side for our whole life together, of course life is not meant to be lived alone. But if we chose the wrong person, I think it´s better to live alone than in a toxic relationship.
Aditii Mehta
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aditii-mehta.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Aditii Mehta »

I completely agree with this statement. At the end of the day, if we don't have that one person with whom we would like to share our happiness or experiences, then what's the point of living. Above all, we're social beings first.
Omobolanle Savage
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-savage.html
Latest Review: Death is the limit by Aggrey Mokone

Post by Omobolanle Savage »

Sure! I believe in this statement. The world is meant to be enjoyed with people and it is lonely when it is just you suffering, enjoying, cruising and doing lots of things.
Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 242
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirley-ann-riddern-labzentis.html
Latest Review: The Girls in the Hall by Tony Andras
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 80%

Post by Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis »

I believe that you shouldn't be alone if you can help it. I also believe that you should not go around obsessing that you need to find a husband or wife. Sometimes, people are so focused on finding a mate that they are willing to take anyone that comes along. That leads to disaster.
"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know which one you are going to get!"
Eva Nyaburi
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eva-nyaburi.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Eva Nyaburi »

Yes, life is more interesting when you can share its moments with other people. It is more fulfilling and you have more to be grateful for at the end of the day. Also, you get support from people when in need of it.
John Owen
Currently Reading: Baggage
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-owen.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 123%

Post by John Owen »

Only to an extent. I'm more comfortable being alone than being around people, but we all need those who matter to us. Everyone needs someone eventually.
Harmony in chaos. It's all a matter of perspective.
Brightone Tonny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brightone-tonny.html
Latest Review: Tour of Duty by William H. Coles

Post by Brightone Tonny »

In my view, life gains profound meaning through the shared moments of joy, sorrow, excitement, triumphs, and setbacks with others. Without these shared experiences, life might feel lacking in purpose and depth.
Orebo Junior Nyakwar Jabilo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orebo-junior-nyakwar-jabilo.html
Latest Review: Bad Form by Joe Taylor

Post by Orebo Junior Nyakwar Jabilo »

Selecting the right life partner enhances happiness, but being alone is preferable to enduring a toxic relationship that lacks quality.
Latest Review: Bad Form by Joe Taylor
Nompulelo Moyo
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan, Cyber War
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lelo-19.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Nompulelo Moyo »

I do agree with the statement because human beings are meant to be social beings. We need interaction with other people. Sometimes when you feel sad or down and you interact with people you feel better even if your problem has not been addressed. Being around people can boost your mood sometimes.
Kirui Collins
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirui-collins.html
Latest Review: Zen and the Art of Writing by Ray Hodgson

Post by Kirui Collins »

It is often said that if you want to go fast, you walk alone but if you want to go far, walk with people. Surrounding yourself with positive people who push you forward is a great stamina towards success.
Dani Elle Ele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: It Was What It Was by Daniel Pace

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

Selecting the right life partner is crucial for a fulfilling journey together. Life is not meant to be solitary, and having the right person by our side is enriching. However, if we find ourselves with the wrong person, it might be preferable to live alone than endure the toxicity of a detrimental relationship.

Return to “Discuss "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross”