Audiobook

Use this forum to discuss the December 2023 Book of the Month, "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=595181

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Marie Chalupová
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Brandon Sanderson
Currently Reading: Seeker
Bookshelf Size: 2293
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marie-chalupov.html
Latest Review: The Very Hungry Beagles Guide to Poop by M. Jackson, Lucky, Mr. Beckham, Peanut
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 4040
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 33%

Audiobook

Post by Marie Chalupová »

I am thinking of getting the audiobook version. Did someone listen to this book? Is the audiobook any good? Are there any parts of the book that would not work well as an audiobook?
Orebo Junior Nyakwar Jabilo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orebo-junior-nyakwar-jabilo.html
Latest Review: The Travels of ibn Thomas by James Hutson-Wiley

Post by Orebo Junior Nyakwar Jabilo »

I have a feeling about the ebook being fire than the audio. But still, I wish to test out the audio version.
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

I understand you completely. These days, I prefer to read books in audio format. For instance, I activate the "Read Aloud" function when I read PDF books.
Marie Chalupová
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Brandon Sanderson
Currently Reading: Seeker
Bookshelf Size: 2293
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marie-chalupov.html
Latest Review: The Very Hungry Beagles Guide to Poop by M. Jackson, Lucky, Mr. Beckham, Peanut
fav_author_id: 4040
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 33%

Post by Marie Chalupová »

I decided to read in the end, and it seems that was a good choice as it leaves me more time to reflect.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

Marie Chalupová wrote: 04 Jan 2024, 15:05 I am thinking of getting the audiobook version. Did someone listen to this book? Is the audiobook any good? Are there any parts of the book that would not work well as an audiobook?
I listened to the audiobook. I loved it. The whole thing worked well as an audiobook. Also, one thing I really like about is that the author narrates it himself (and does a great job). I think it comes through in the clarity with which he speaks, since he knows what his words mean and can put the emphasis and such in the right places. :)
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid

Return to “Discuss "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross”