Did this book bring back your hope?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2023 Book of the Month, "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=595181

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Loretta Morris 1
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loretta-morris-1.html
Latest Review: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter by Mark Gumbrell
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 48%

Re: Did this book bring back your hope?

Post by Loretta Morris 1 »

Hi Henry

Yes the book Fireproof Happiness did increase my hope! I wish I knew of this book during the pandemic.
Tiffany Devine
Currently Reading: EMA
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tiffany-devine.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 8%

Post by Tiffany Devine »

This book for me had very much the same effect. After dealing with a dark slump for a few months, this book came at the time I needed it most. Fireproof Happiness helped me regain my confidence in life, and allow me to have a different outlook on some perspectives I was choosing to ignore.
Abdul Jah wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 15:55 Fireproof Happiness is indeed a very inspirational and helpful book, with practical advice for building oneself up and overcoming depression. It had a profound impact on me, reigniting my hope and helped me with practical tools to effect positive changes in my life. This book saved me.
Jimmy Cook
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-cook.html
Latest Review: The Shanghai Circle by Tony Henderson

Post by Jimmy Cook »

It really does! I really happy I came across this book. Reading this book relaxed my mind on many things that I have been fighting within myself.
Ian Ondara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ondara-ian.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Ian Ondara »

This book helped me know where to start from in making my life better. I am now hopeful that I can be able to become someone better. Though I am still a university student, I am hopeful that after this everything will be fine and I will be able to live w better life. I am now studying with the hope of achieving greater things later in life.
Dana Youngblood
Currently Reading: All You'll Never Be: Because of Who You Are
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dana-youngblood.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 54%

Post by Dana Youngblood »

I loved reading your response and positivity towards this book. I do not feel like I had more hope after reading this book, but it did give me a boost in encouragement. Maybe that is similar to hope because I do feel more positive about life after reading it. It felt like a pep talk at times, that felt like a good thing I needed. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Ukaegbu Jane
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-jane.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Ukaegbu Jane »

I will say it gave me hope. While reading, it taught me how to overcome my fears, how to find happiness and how to love myself.
Rishaunda Lynnette Britton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishaunda-lynnette-britton.html
Latest Review: I Wonder Why It's Christmas by Esther Ekunola

Post by Rishaunda Lynnette Britton »

I think so, given the incredible difference I noticed after reading it. Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross is such a well-written and impactful handbook that I would not only wish to read again but also recommend to others.
Kala Krishnakumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kala-krishnakumar.html
Latest Review: Magi Apprentice by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Kala Krishnakumar »

In my opinion, it does help in staying strong through despair. It does not, however, help in create hope where there is no place for positivity since it covers broader topics and does not solve the internal struggle between hope and despair.

Return to “Discuss "Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope" by Dr. Randy Ross”