What did you think of Princess Dorinda's character?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2024 Book of the Month, "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=530813

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Florence Daniel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-daniel.html
Latest Review: Deadly Hush by Douglas Stewart

Re: What did you think of Princess Dorinda's character?

Post by Florence Daniel »

Princess Dorinda comes across as entitled, and her ongoing drug use only exacerbates her negative traits. However, when it came to fulfilling her responsibilities, she made an effort, which was a redeeming quality.
Michael Valentine
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-valentine.html
Latest Review: Diotima by Bernard Kuckuck

Post by Michael Valentine »

I honestly like Princess Dorinda. The only thing I didn't like about her is her drug usage. I could understand other parts of her. I understood her when she felt entitled and when she displayed bad behaviours.
Rebecca De Figueiredo
Favorite Book: Sent to Watch
Currently Reading: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebecca-de-figueiredo.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Rebecca De Figueiredo »

Initially, I found her character very distasteful and was surprised that she wasn't reprimanded further. It was good to see her character grow and improve during the book. I suppose she was just a typical rebellious teenager, with the added problem of being spoilt. This is a good message for all teens reading this book, to look at themselves and see if there are any simlarities.
Atieno Magero
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Atieno Magero »

I didn't really like princess Dorinda's character at first. She seemed mentally unstable and came off as a spoilt brat. But I liked her more towards the end of the book. I think tutor Laena's presence helped her straighten herself up. She started showing qualities of a leader. I'd love to find out what happens to her character in the other books. I'm sure she'll be a great leader.
Himanshu K Yadav
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-himanshu-k-yadav.html
Latest Review: Tropical Scandal by David Myles Robinson

Post by Himanshu K Yadav »

Depending on the political climate, Dorinda could be a supporter of the Great Migration, or perhaps she represents a more traditionalist faction opposed to the upheaval.
Melvis Okoye
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melvis-okoye.html
Latest Review: Primitives of Kar by Dennis K. Hausker

Post by Melvis Okoye »

Princess Dorinda's character in "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez is depicted as a young princess who is driven by a strong desire for revenge at all costs. This suggests that her personality is likely characterized by determination and possibly a sense of justice or retribution, although the specific details of what motivates her revenge are not provided in the search results.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3049
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Duck Blinds I Have Known by Donny McElvoy

Post by Kibet Hillary »

I did not like her at first, but it seems all she needed was someone who genuinely cared about her. Eventually, she really undergoes a transformation that makes her likable.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
John-Michael Kibrick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-michael-kibrick.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by John-Michael Kibrick »

I suppose her character reversal was a bit sudden and dramatic, though the drugs help explain that somewhat. She is certainly a fireball, and I'm curious to see what role she plays in the trilogy overall.
Giridhar Achary
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giridhar-achary.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Giridhar Achary »

Throughout the story, I matured to like her. She showed her best self during the attack and was willing to help restore their kingdom, despite her initial pessimism. Although she continued to use drugs and act entitled, she still did her best to do her job when it was necessary.
Williams Nnodim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-nnodim.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Williams Nnodim »

I think she was rude due to the lack of parental guidance and affection.
P Sudam Patra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-p-sudam-patra.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by P Sudam Patra »

Initially a negative character, the princess matured and developed empathy after an incursion.
Tukuna Sahu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tukuna-sahu.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Tukuna Sahu »

Princess Dorinda has an intensely sensitive and need-filled personality. Her character was negative at first, but it eventually improved to a positive one.
Parth Krishna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-parth-krishna.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
2024 Reading Goal: 200
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Parth Krishna »

The princess initially appeared rude. Despite her initial negative attitude, she remained strong and helped her father during difficult times. The princess symbolized both good and terrible characteristics, demonstrating her perseverance and determination to assist in the restoration of their kingdom.
Radiant3
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Healing Your Attachment Wounds
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radiant3.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Radiant3 »

At first, I thought her character was quite obnoxious, with the bad attitude of a rude teenager. However, my opinion of her changed for the better, when she showed strength and courage during the attack on the city. Even after, she was one of the first persons to help with the clean-up efforts, she did her duty as a citizen, she didn't use her position as princess to avoid helping.
Miriam Ratemo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by Miriam Ratemo »

and reasoning were displayed. While she wasn't my favorite character, there were qualities in her that I found remarkable, such as how she reacted in difficult situations. I'm curious to see how her character develops as the series progresses.

Return to “Discuss "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez”